inTank Media Baskets

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

Deleted User 4

Yup!!!! I'm very excited for them to arrive tomorrow!!! These should be the last few rics going into the pico. I don't think there will be anymore space HAHA. Next step is going vertical with gorgonians.

On the rocks? So you're not interested in adding a dendro?

Also, I remember you mentioning of wanting me to give you an idea of keeping the tank clean of wires. Like rehype's tank, you can get a canister filter such as the eheim or fluval g3 and hook it onto replica lily inflow/outflow pipes from ebay. As for heater to you can add an in-line heater made by hydor to hide it from display.

This guy ALAS has it done right too.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/275939-alas-ada-60-p/

On the rocks? So you're not interested in adding a dendro?

Also, I remember you mentioning of wanting me to give you an idea of keeping the tank clean of wires. Like rehype's tank, you can get a canister filter such as the eheim or fluval g3 and hook it onto replica lily inflow/outflow pipes from ebay. As for heater to you can add an in-line heater made by hydor to hide it from display.

This guy ALAS has it done right too.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/275939-alas-ada-60-p/

I think Dendro will eat my gobies alive! So far I'm happy with all the rics I got, now I just wait to see them (hopefully grow)

The rocks I might just leave it blank and let the coralline take over. I'm more concerned about my Calcium level in the Catalina water I have.

I will definitely look into the canister filter and inline heater in the future. They sure will give the tank the cleaner look. Right now my stand is an exposed metal frame I will have to find a way to hide those equipments.

Deleted User 4

I think Dendro will eat my gobies alive! So far I'm happy with all the rics I got, now I just wait to see them (hopefully grow)

The rocks I might just leave it blank and let the coralline take over. I'm more concerned about my Calcium level in the Catalina water I have.

I will definitely look into the canister filter and inline heater in the future. They sure will give the tank the cleaner look. Right now my stand is an exposed metal frame I will have to find a way to hide those equipments.

I see.

Same here, I'm going to upgrade to canister with lily pipes in the near future.. Just don't have the funds at the moment ahha. And the ac50 I have is still pretty new so yeah.

It's just tiring having to do water changes every week ahha.

What canister would you go with?

Dendro have a known reputation to eat gobies alive? Hmm. Yeah, coraline algae covering the rocks will be congenially enough :)

Could always glue the rics to rubble and the runble to the rocks

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing :)

The problem I even having with the HOB unit is that it blowing out too strong of a current. Some of my rics aren't loving it, some got blown away from their spots..... I run it at the minimum flow rate..... I think if I go with the canister, I will go with the Eheim Classic 2011, I think the flow rate is slower than my Aquaclear 30 right now.

Deleted User 4

The problem I even having with the HOB unit is that it blowing out too strong of a current. Some of my rics aren't loving it, some got blown away from their spots..... I run it at the minimum flow rate..... I think if I go with the canister, I will go with the Eheim Classic 2011, I think the flow rate is slower than my Aquaclear 30 right now.

Yeah, I have my ac50 running at minimum flow rate right now too.

You mean the eheim 2211? I think that one is smallest/weakest one which is perfect on your ada.

Another question, where did you buy that hanging kit on the vega?

Yup!!!! I'm very excited for them to arrive tomorrow!!! These should be the last few rics going into the pico. I don't think there will be anymore space HAHA. Next step is going vertical with gorgonians.

When they start splitting like mad, make me the first in line to pick some up ;) I am local and all :) Gorgs too! You seem to have good luck finding some nice looking ones.

Yeah, I have my ac50 running at minimum flow rate right now too.

You mean the eheim 2211? I think that one is smallest/weakest one which is perfect on your ada.

Another question, where did you buy that hanging kit on the vega?

Yup the 2211, I forgot the number, but it is the smallest that it offers.

I made the hanging unit for the Vega, you can get all the part at a hardware store ;) and paint it black afterward

Some wall anchors, threaded rod, spacers, and nuts... very simple actually, I can take a close-up pics if you are interested

When they start splitting like mad, make me the first in line to pick some up ;) I am local and all :) Gorgs too! You seem to have good luck finding some nice looking ones.

OMG definitely :))

Yeah some close-up pictures would work.

Sure. Liking your new profile pic! is that you :o

Yay! Are you going to order the gorgonians or buy locally or both?

I think I will order online, there is no good local stores that offer nice looking gorgonians. I think I might place an order with KP Aquatics, but they are out of the Pederson shrimp ........ :( I'm gonna wait until it becomes available and order. I'm debating between the Pederson Shrimp and the Spotted anemone shrimp KP aquatics offers. I'm leaning toward the spotted anemone shrimp but I'm not sure it will host ricordea.

Deleted User 4

Thanks! And it's not me haha. I'm asian remember? I remember you're viet?

I'm taiwanese. The old picture was me though.

oh and on the fun side, this is where I work and this is what others did the other day: THE HARLEM SHAKE.

This is where you work?? Lol...what kind of place is this? lolol.

I thought you worked at your own studio. lol.

I think I will order online, there is no good local stores that offer nice looking gorgonians. I think I might place an order with KP Aquatics, but they are out of the Pederson shrimp ........ :( I'm gonna wait until it becomes available and order. I'm debating between the Pederson Shrimp and the Spotted anemone shrimp KP aquatics offers. I'm leaning toward the spotted anemone shrimp but I'm not sure it will host ricordea.

I just placed an order with them and noticed they were out of the pederson's. I think if I order anymore of those anemone shrimp I will go with the spotted variety. I'm going to wait for my tank to grow in some more. I'm kinda kicking myself that I didn't order a gorg. I really don't need anymore, but they are so addictive!!!!! My pederson's would host anything! They even hung out in the gorgs., but they definitely preferred the mushrooms.

oh and on the fun side, this is where I work and this is what others did the other day: THE HARLEM SHAKE.

Cool! Next time you should jump in there too ;)

I came here looking for the Goby sex tape, where is it?

It is on my first page, I only edited that much of the whole vid LOL. They were doing it for too long I lost my patience :P

Thanks! And it's not me haha. I'm asian remember? I remember you're viet?

I'm taiwanese. The old picture was me though.

This is where you work?? Lol...what kind of place is this? lolol.

I thought you worked at your own studio. lol.

Yes I'm Viet.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA oh that is the place I'm on freelance contract with at the moment. We do crazy stuff ;)

Cool! Next time you should jump in there too ;)

I got the noticed a little late, so We were slightly off camera LOL by the time we wanna jump in it was over....

lookin great!

Thank you :)

It looks AMAZING!!!!! :wub:

Those yellow ricordeas really stand out too. This is my favorite tank, right now. :D

THANKS GENA!!

I think I'm done with shopping for ricordeas LOL

I bought a small bucket of Red Sea Coral Salt Pro and started using it. SO FAR SO GOOD!!! I love how easy it is to mix it and you don't have to wait 24 hours to use the mixed saltwater!!!

Other news, my grandis polyps started gaining its green fluorescent pigment back :)

THANKS GENA!!

I think I'm done with shopping for ricordeas LOL

I bought a small bucket of Red Sea Coral Salt Pro and started using it. SO FAR SO GOOD!!! I love how easy it is to mix it and you don't have to wait 24 hours to use the mixed saltwater!!!

Other news, my grandis polyps started gaining its green fluorescent pigment back :)

Yeah, looks like you are pretty filled with them :) RSCP salt is the best salt I've used. Awesome news about the grandis too!!!!!

Hey...don't forget that Marilyn picture, if you get a chance.

Yeah, looks like you are pretty filled with them :) RSCP salt is the best salt I've used. Awesome news about the grandis too!!!!!

Hey...don't forget that Marilyn picture, if you get a chance.

yes I took one! I will upload it when I transfer the image :))

in the mean time

same old FTS

DSC_0261_zps21e08f56.jpg

DSC_0264_zpsf396cfe3.jpg

• Like 1