Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

Deleted User 4

Tada!

White background

DSC_0241_zps6758d020.jpg

DSC_0249_zpsc6ebb2e4.jpg

DSC_0247_zpsade5e8c0.jpg

DIY Gradient Background (hard to see in photo)

DSC_0255_zps093fc83f.jpg

I'm debating on the white acrylic or DIY-gradient background (which doesn't show well on photograph.....). Vote please!

Clean as usual :)

Have you decided which background to go with?

Deleted User 4

Hey man, just wanted to let you know. On ebay, a seller named Austin Aqua Farms is having some florida rics and gorgs listed for sale starting at $0.99.

I have bought my acan collection from him in the past and the corals arrived pest-free healthy and the accurate colors.

Highly recommend you buy some from him if you're interested.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AAF-LE-Live-Ricordea-Florida-Coral-/400389601754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d391479da

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Live-Coral-Australian-Gorgonian-/400389633437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3914f59d

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=austinaquafarms&_ipg=200&rt=nc

Shipping is $29 and $2-3 for each additional coral for combined shipping.

I stick with the milky white acrylic background, it looks better in pictures and person, less maintenance.

Fellow reefers, I don't think I utilize my Vega for my ricordeas coloration advantage.... I notice the center of my canary yellow rics starting to turn HM GREEN! NO! and the purple rainbow with orange tip is now just PURPLE....... Maybe some LED channel can be adjust? not sure, or maybe it's just me HAHAHA

Right now I'm running my vega at full power:

White: 18%

Blue: 30%

R-Blue: 38%

Deep Blue: 30%

Red: 16%

Green: 22%

Any suggestions?

Deleted User 4

If I were you, I'd make the highest at 13%, blues 24%, royal blues 27%, deep blue 18%, red at 13% and green at 13%.

I think your setting light intensity too strong....these are ricordias ahah not lps or sps haha.

If I were you, I'd make the highest at 13%, blues 24%, royal blues 27%, deep blue 18%, red at 13% and green at 13%.

I think your setting light intensity too strong....these are ricordias ahah not lps or sps haha.

I look at the Vega wavelength chart..... it doesn't make any sense to me hahaha.

Which LED promote what in term of colors.... I think we need an info graphic on this vs the chart showing wavelength of the fixture. Makes no sense for an average consumer LOL

Deleted User 4

I look at the Vega wavelength chart..... it doesn't make any sense to me hahaha.

Which LED promote what in term of colors.... I think we need an info graphic on this vs the chart showing wavelength of the fixture. Makes no sense for an average consumer LOL

Just lower the intensities ahha. I think you have too bright at the moment. What's your ramping schedule??? Like what time do you start and end at what intensities?

I had to lower mine by alot haha. That's why I think ai nano sol would be better fit on an elos mini, bigger tank and cube-like.

I really think you need to lower the brightness haha.

Just lower the intensities ahha. I think you have too bright at the moment. What's your ramping schedule??? Like what time do you start and end at what intensities?

I had to lower mine by alot haha. That's why I think ai nano sol would be better fit on an elos mini, bigger tank and cube-like.

I really think you need to lower the brightness haha.

The rics don't seem to mind, but I think the colors are looking a bit funky, not as bright as before, maybe it is just me HAHAHA

Maybe I should try that, man, I was hoping to slowly go to 100% :D

Deleted User 4

The rics don't seem to mind, but I think the colors are looking a bit funky, not as bright as before, maybe it is just me HAHAHA

Maybe I should try that, man, I was hoping to slowly go to 100% :D

Noo way....that'll laser burn the ricordias.....you must be insane to even have thought about doing that.

What you think about these?

http://www.advancedaquarist.com/blog/north-american-distributors-named-for-the-cubic-jellyfish-aquarium

Noo way....that'll laser burn the ricordias.....you must be insane to even have thought about doing that.

It was a joke hahahahaha, but yeah maybe I should really lower the blue LEDs down a bit... I used the pre-programmed setting of the Vega for sunrise and sunset, my light period start around 12noon to around 8:pm then sunset start til midnight and lunar cycle after.

Deleted User 4

It was a joke hahahahaha, but yeah maybe I should really lower the blue LEDs down a bit... I used the pre-programmed setting of the Vega for sunrise and sunset, my light period start around 12noon to around 8:pm then sunset start til midnight and lunar cycle after.

LOl wow, I think you have it on wayy too long. I have it on manual which I think works better than auto programmed...

You should have the lighting cycle for 10hrs max, you have it on for 12hrs not including the lunar cycle hours....

I have mine start at 1pm and turn off completely at 12am.

You should try setting up the schedule yourself. Still can do sunrise and sunset/lunar, programming yourself.

Yep neat rockwork and rics....lol lots of themm!

Thank you!!! Please subscribe :P

LOl wow, I think you have it on wayy too long. I have it on manual which I think works better than auto programmed...

You should have the lighting cycle for 10hrs max, you have it on for 12hrs not including the lunar cycle hours....

I have mine start at 1pm and turn off completely at 12am.

You should try setting up the schedule yourself. Still can do sunrise and sunset/lunar, programming yourself.

Actually, mine cycle is similar, the lunar cycle is on after midnight, but it is off most of the time hahaha because I only 1% of the royal as lunar and it only on when full moon, however; I think I set my lunar cycle is off at 8am, so the royal blue will go on after 8 am at 1% until sunrise at noon. The ramp period is 3:30hrs so I guess the light in full power from 3pm-ish to 9pm-ish I think.

That's not include cloud I set max 5 times during the daytime period HAHAHA. I think I under run in term of hours, that is why I figure the intensity is a trade back lol

lol. I see. Still, you need to lower the light intensity. Try it for a week.

Here's a nice yuma feeding video.

Nice! I wish they really ate that fast :lol: That's a gorgeous yuma too!

lol. I see. Still, you need to lower the light intensity. Try it for a week.

Here's a nice yuma feeding video.

I think this is an animated clip HAHAHA there is no way a yuma eats that fast! or that colorful! Well.... unless under crazy lighting. :P

FREE HERMIT! anyone!?

Hey man, just wanted to let you know. On ebay, a seller named Austin Aqua Farms is having some florida rics and gorgs listed for sale starting at $0.99.

I have bought my acan collection from him in the past and the corals arrived pest-free healthy and the accurate colors.

Highly recommend you buy some from him if you're interested.

Here's the link:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AAF-LE-Live-Ricordea-Florida-Coral-/400389601754?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d391479da

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Live-Coral-Australian-Gorgonian-/400389633437?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d3914f59d

http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_from=&_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ssn=austinaquafarms&_ipg=200&rt=nc

Shipping is $29 and $2-3 for each additional coral for combined shipping.

I'm going to steal those links TYVM. Those are some amazing rics!

Deleted User 4

I think this is an animated clip HAHAHA there is no way a yuma eats that fast! or that colorful! Well.... unless under crazy lighting. :P

FREE HERMIT! anyone!?

Lol....it was fast forwarded when it started eating....hahah...

I'm going to steal those links TYVM. Those are some amazing rics!

You welcome :)

Deleted User 4

Man, there are so many amazing trimma, eviota gobies.... Why only few in the trade...... #bitchySaturday

oh anyone know great fish stores in the west LA area?

Lolol nope...I go to the one in la habra but they hardly ever carry trimma or tiny nano gobies other than clown/drac/firefish goby ahha.