ReefCleaners.org

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

Sad? Turn that frown upside down :) How are the trimmas doing?

aw!!!! Thanks Gena! The trimmas are doing great, getting fatter everyday tho I only feed them once a day. The GB is doing quite well still glowing :)

Why if anything, your saltwater ada is still sexier than freshwater fishies :)

TRUE! How is your ADA L doing!?

I know that empty pocket feeling lol

Me and you both LOL

aw!!!! Thanks Gena! The trimmas are doing great, getting fatter everyday tho I only feed them once a day. The GB is doing quite well still glowing :)

Yay...so glad to hear it :happy: Guess you didn't need to worry about too much light!!!!

Hm Some of my rics are shrinking and looking weird all of the sudden... I know sometimes it is normal, but I'm not sure. Others are doing fantastic and reaching almost 2-3 inches.

I truly believe that in order to get your ricordea to become neon YELLOW, you need less intense and short period of light. My Canary Yellow rics start to show some hint of green (NOOOOOOO) under my intense Vega right now. We shall see :P

I have read somewhere that during winter when light is short and water temperature is cooler, you get more of a multi-color effect on ricordea. During summer where the water is warmer and more intense, ricordea becomes orange-ish and pink.

Just out of curiosity, I have been using Catalina Saltwater from the fish store. I'm not sure I'm very please with it. Anybody would recommend a good salt for mixing? I might want to try that out next. THANKS A BUNCH!

I use RSCP for salt and have had great coloration from most of my rics.

Also I feel you could be experiencing the color changes from the spectrum of light your LED's are putting out. I had a pink and orange rics lose color and start to green and yellow under LED's, after I switched over to T5's (with more intensity than the LED's) I saw the colors I origInally purchased return. I've seen this with acans before as well.

Whats your salinity for the Catalina water? I once knew a guy who once kept his tank that was full of corals and swore by it. Then one day, he did a W/C and his corals started acting funny, so he did another W/C to fix the problem. Didn't work and tried another W/C. Eventually, the tank took a turn for the worse and it turns out that the supplier for the Catalina water had their salinity around 1.018.

Btw, you got a sweeeeet ricodea collection. Ricodeas are some of my favorite corals out there. Have you ever visited Medusa LA in Santa Monica back 2-3 years ago? They used to have a nice ricodea collection...

red sea coral pro or reef crystals seem to be the most used around here.

Thanks!!! I might place an order soon.

I use RSCP for salt and have had great coloration from most of my rics.

Also I feel you could be experiencing the color changes from the spectrum of light your LED's are putting out. I had a pink and orange rics lose color and start to green and yellow under LED's, after I switched over to T5's (with more intensity than the LED's) I saw the colors I origInally purchased return. I've seen this with acans before as well.

In my previous tank, I did noticed that my acans changed color under my AI SOL BLUE. I was hoping that since Vega is a full spectrum LED unit, it will do better. Unfortunately, I can't have a T5 unit above my 3g pico tank, that will look ridiculous LOL. Plus I like the low maintenance of LED fixture....

Whats your salinity for the Catalina water? I once knew a guy who once kept his tank that was full of corals and swore by it. Then one day, he did a W/C and his corals started acting funny, so he did another W/C to fix the problem. Didn't work and tried another W/C. Eventually, the tank took a turn for the worse and it turns out that the supplier for the Catalina water had their salinity around 1.018.

Btw, you got a sweeeeet ricodea collection. Ricodeas are some of my favorite corals out there. Have you ever visited Medusa LA in Santa Monica back 2-3 years ago? They used to have a nice ricodea collection...

To be quite honest, I haven't checked my salinity for hmmm forever (I feel like)... I def need to check when I get home. One problem I have with Catalina water is their Calcium and Magnesium level. In order to get to the desire level, you have to dose a gazillion supplements....

I've never heard of Medusa.... I wonder if they are still around??

To be quite honest, I haven't checked my salinity for hmmm forever (I feel like)... I def need to check when I get home. One problem I have with Catalina water is their Calcium and Magnesium level. In order to get to the desire level, you have to dose a gazillion supplements....

I've never heard of Medusa.... I wonder if they are still around??

Yea, Catalina water params are quite low, like 320 for CA, 1100 for Mg, 5 for Alk. Good for FOWLR but not so great for corals. I use RSCP and it works great. There's a wholesaler that's going out of business in Ontario and they're doing a liquidation sale soon. I'm planning to pick up some supplies, like T5s and salt (possibly D-D salt since I heard they're similar to RCPC). If not, there's a nice LFS in Arleta that sells a 200gal box of IO salt for like $35. That might be enough just for a ricordea tank.

Medusa LA is a Saltwater/Freshwater/Reptile store. They used have like 3 frag tanks full of livestock but lately, they're down to 1 frag tank, and it's mostly softy and LPS. Last time I was there (week after Christmas), they had a nice lavender/blue ricodea with 2 mouth for $15. Didn't pick it up since I was staying in Santa Monica for like 5 days. They're near Pico Blvd and Bundy Dr.

Jeeze those parameters are way out of whack. Crazy how the parameters on NSW I used to get from scripps are so different. There must be some funky currents out in catalina

Yea, Catalina water params are quite low, like 320 for CA, 1100 for Mg, 5 for Alk. Good for FOWLR but not so great for corals. I use RSCP and it works great. There's a wholesaler that's going out of business in Ontario and they're doing a liquidation sale soon. I'm planning to pick up some supplies, like T5s and salt (possibly D-D salt since I heard they're similar to RCPC). If not, there's a nice LFS in Arleta that sells a 200gal box of IO salt for like $35. That might be enough just for a ricordea tank.

Medusa LA is a Saltwater/Freshwater/Reptile store. They used have like 3 frag tanks full of livestock but lately, they're down to 1 frag tank, and it's mostly softy and LPS. Last time I was there (week after Christmas), they had a nice lavender/blue ricodea with 2 mouth for $15. Didn't pick it up since I was staying in Santa Monica for like 5 days. They're near Pico Blvd and Bundy Dr.

Jeeze those parameters are way out of whack. Crazy how the parameters on NSW I used to get from scripps are so different. There must be some funky currents out in catalina

When I first test my Catalina water, I thought my Salifert test kits were all out of whack.... Now I now I'm not koo koo LOL

Red Sea Coral Pro works great for me!!!!

Did you have trouble with the mushrooms in your TOTM?

I used to have rics in Elos; they did pretty well under halide and AI sol, but suddenly they acted all weird up, faded in colors, and some of them shrank to smaller sizes. I think it might be the inconsistency of the Catalina water.... I think I need to really keep my eye on my saltwater or switch completely to Red Sea Coral Pro

Great, came home after work today. All equipments were off, had to reset my circuit breaker.... Everything looks pissed off at the moment. Hopefully it won't crash my tank.

Great, came home after work today. All equipments were off, had to reset my circuit breaker.... Everything looks pissed off at the moment. Hopefully it won't crash my tank.

wow that sucks man. hope all goes well. good thing most of the corals are soft and it shouldnt hurt them to much

I JUST read about this happening to someone else! How's the tank so far? I've lost power on tanks before with no real harm done. I hope all is ok with yours!!!!!

wow that sucks man. hope all goes well. good thing most of the corals are soft and it shouldnt hurt them to much

I JUST read about this happening to someone else! How's the tank so far? I've lost power on tanks before with no real harm done. I hope all is ok with yours!!!!!

THANKS GUYS!!! They look much better this morning, I think everything is looking normal now. I was nervous for a bit last night because pico tanks seem to be a little more sensitive to lots of things.

On the brighter side, I couldn't resist ordering hm some good-looking rics last night!!! They will be here tomorrow!!!

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt-1-1_zp

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt-3_zps9

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt-3_zpsf

lg-metallic-orange-w-purple-skirt-2-1_zp

Beautiful rics!!!! Are those from Aquascapers?

Yup!!!! I'm very excited for them to arrive tomorrow!!! These should be the last few rics going into the pico. I don't think there will be anymore space HAHA. Next step is going vertical with gorgonians.