ReefCleaners.org

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

The only store I think is the best that I can find is Vivid Aquariums; however, their fish selection is underwhelming comparing to corals!!!!

It is quite a drive for me tho, up to 30-40 mins in traffic.... one way. For small gobies, I have better luck at the Aquarium in Culver City; however, that's pretty much it LOL.

We need connection to the wholesaler :P so we can snatch the rare ones or licensed diver hahahaha but that's more likely to be in my dream....

I've never been to that LFS. I was just in that area on Sunday too! Is it worth the drive out? It's a little closer to you than it is to me.

I like Vivid, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there for the fish. Coral yes, fish no. I just special order through my LFS that's 3 minutes from my house :lol:

Loved the video. Were they actually mating? I didn't see that...maybe I need to watch it again. My masked gobies both go into a hole in the rock for that. They like their privacy :lol:

I've never been to that LFS. I was just in that area on Sunday too! Is it worth the drive out? It's a little closer to you than it is to me.

I like Vivid, but I wouldn't go out of my way to go there for the fish. Coral yes, fish no. I just special order through my LFS that's 3 minutes from my house :lol:

Loved the video. Were they actually mating? I didn't see that...maybe I need to watch it again. My masked gobies both go into a hole in the rock for that. They like their privacy :lol:

To be honest, it isn't worth a drive out, I only like it because sometimes they have red spotted gobies in stock (I had been searching for them locally for a while). If you can special order through your LFS, you will find this store a bit disappointing hahaha just me. My LFS in Pasadena is still one of my favorite, I still go there once in a while when I'm in the neighborhood. However, I asked them before if they can get me those trimma, and show a pic. They had no idea what fish it was LOL

They were dancing, nibbling, and mating for over an hour long HAHA I was too tired to paparazzi on them. I only edited that much of a video since it was Monday at work :rolleyes:

Oh and YES, the big chunk of the macro on the back of the tank is their mating spot LOL. I think after introducing the macro, they are less aggressive toward another and paired up. Before, one kept chasing another and staying at the opposite of the tank. I don't know if macro algae does provide more of a natural habitat for them.. I'm not entirely sure, but their behavior did change.

Deleted User 4

got two new pale white yuma today at great price! I never have good success with yuma; hopefully this time it will different...

Hmmm what do you mean by pale white??? Another word can be bleached yuma? ahahah :)

Some yuma's are hard to maintain though.

My LFS in Pasadena is still one of my favorite, I still go there once in a while when I'm in the neighborhood.

What's the name of that store? I'll have to check it out!

You'll hae to post pics of the yumas soon ;)

What's the name of that store? I'll have to check it out!

You'll hae to post pics of the yumas soon ;)

It is call Pasadena Tropical Fish in Pasadena. Today they had great yuma collection for $25 each! They had some great neon orange, orange mix and rainbow, I scored 2 pale white, rainbow undertone yumas!!!!! I think the color pops out much better under my Vega. I will have to see how they react during day time tho.

Deleted User 4

It is call Pasadena Tropical Fish in Pasadena. Today they had great yuma collection for $25 each! They had some great neon orange, orange mix and rainbow, I scored 2 pale white, rainbow undertone yumas!!!!! I think the color pops out much better under my Vega. I will have to see how they react during day time tho.

I have a feeling I've been there before....does the owner have glasses, asian? And a display tank with nice corals but other tanks don't? The other tanks have huge tangs and such but only one specific tank has the high-end corals. Right?

I have a feeling I've been there before....does the owner have glasses, asian? And a display tank with nice corals but other tanks don't? The other tanks have huge tangs and such but only one specific tank has the high-end corals. Right?

Hm no, they are family owned, the husband and wife are there most of the time. They have new livestock every Sunday with 20% on top of the marked prices (still in bags and just arrived)

Deleted User 4

Hm no, they are family owned, the husband and wife are there most of the time. They have new livestock every Sunday with 20% on top of the marked prices (still in bags and just arrived)

Hmmm sounds like them...though maybe I've never seen the wife there. lol

I will definitely check them out!!!!

I think now I have to have another tank for this

Too cute!!!! What are they? Saltwater?

pretty sure they are cold water. nifty little fish though

Yea, I'd assume deepwater means colder water. They're fun though. Remind me of those fish you'd try to catch in the "Go Fishing" kid's game.

135103_090328152812_Mickey_fishing_game.

Hahahaha yes those are lumpsucker from Japan and they are cold water pieces. There is a vendor who selling them in the state!!! Expensive fish tho. Hopefully I will have a cold pico set up someday....