Pod Your Reef

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

It's definitely got it going on and a whole lot more :happy: I see the grandis are coloring back up for you too!!!!!

photo-5_zps6a7642f2.png

Yes! the color pops out better in person. I'm very excited I think I have my lighting power down! I started using marine snow, so far so good but I now do 2-3 times mini water change a week.....

• Like 1

Love it!!!! Thanks for posting her :wub:

I got a really pretty yellow ricordea in my order yesterday. I hope I can keep that yellow color!!!! I know you mentioned that the color can shift to green. Here's hoping mine doesn't :)

Love it!!!! Thanks for posting her :wub:

I got a really pretty yellow ricordea in my order yesterday. I hope I can keep that yellow color!!!! I know you mentioned that the color can shift to green. Here's hoping mine doesn't :)

I think because of my intense lighting that might give it some specks of green, but it still remains VERY yellow so far.

I notice that solid yellow (in the middle of the pic) doesn't mind strong light, but the darker yellow with blue/purple center sits right above it, do like less light compare to the other one (I placed it higher for my Ombre look lol but it shrank in size a bit so I might move it again in couple weeks)

Wow! Sweet tank! I wub ricordia and gobies <3

get them!!! you have so many tanks, I'm sure you can have some :P!!!!

I think because of my intense lighting that might give it some specks of green, but it still remains VERY yellow so far.

I notice that solid yellow (in the middle of the pic) doesn't mind strong light, but the darker yellow with blue/purple center sits right above it, do like less light compare to the other one (I placed it higher for my Ombre look lol but it shrank in size a bit so I might move it again in couple weeks)

That's interesting how they react differently to the lighting. Have you noticed if the blue rics prefer lower lighting than the others? I'm curious about the green too. I even have a bright orange that seems to spend most of it's time folded up. I was under the impression that the oranges were more tolerant of higher lighting. It can sure be a challenge figuring out exactly what they prefer :lol:
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

My ricordea melted away :( or becoming transparent (not bleach) with brown spots underneath... Everything else is great, pom pom, gobies, gorg are all healthy.

My ricordea melted away :( or becoming transparent (not bleach) with brown spots underneath... Everything else is great, pom pom, gobies, gorg are all healthy.

I've been wondering how your tank is doing. Sorry to hear :( At least everything else is healthy. Any ideas on what caused the rics to melt away? Still have the macro?
  • Like 2
  • 1 month later...

I've been wondering how your tank is doing. Sorry to hear :( At least everything else is healthy. Any ideas on what caused the rics to melt away? Still have the macro?

The macro is growing out of control now :). they took over the back of my tank, my yuma is doing well, all my rics are hanging on, everything else seems just fine. I realized what might have coz the problem is that the inconsistency in temperature; night time from 75 to 80 during hot day time. I now have some fan turn on during the day to keep the heat down as well as monitor the temperature swing. I guess pico tank does go bad quickly with such rapid change.

Other news, I removed my sandbed.......

• Like 2

I LOVE out-of-control macro growth :D

I'm glad things have calmed down for your tank! How are you liking the bare-bottom?

First I thought it would be a nice change (easier to do daily maintenance) Now I feel like it is an eyesore hahahaha I might have crush coral filled the bottom... not sure

First I thought it would be a nice change (easier to do daily maintenance) Now I feel like it is an eyesore hahahaha I might have crush coral filled the bottom... not sure

It gets dirty fast. Kind of like hardwood floors vs. carpeting. You don't see the dirt as much on carpet as you do on hardwood. You'd think it would be less maintenance, but it's not if you want to keep it looking clean!
  • Like 1

It gets dirty fast. Kind of like hardwood floors vs. carpeting. You don't see the dirt as much on carpet as you do on hardwood. You'd think it would be less maintenance, but it's not if you want to keep it looking clean!

I think if I do crushed coral I might just add a thin layer of it, enough for my (new) rics to sit on, right now they are all over the glass bottom.

• Like 1

I think if I do crushed coral I might just add a thin layer of it, enough for my (new) rics to sit on, right now they are all over the glass bottom.

Great idea!!!!
  • 1 month later...

Been completely neglected my thread here; work has consumed all my time!!! I'm thinking of downgrading my AI VEGA fixture to Nano Box Tide unit (that thing looks sick) Anyone would chime in on their experiences?

Here are some sneak peaks of my soon-to-be-built SUPER WHITE GLOSS stand :wub:

Cabinet_v04_zps02e85bbe.png

Cabinet_v01_zpseb48909e.png

• Like 1

Don't let any children near that thing! You're probably gonna want to build a base on it like Nanotopia did for hers. Unless you're gonna put it on some kind of bracket on the wall. Otherwise it looks really nice! Who's building it if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

Don't let any children near that thing! You're probably gonna want to build a base on it like Nanotopia did for hers. Unless you're gonna put it on some kind of bracket on the wall. Otherwise it looks really nice! Who's building it if you don't mind me asking?

I will have silicone glides underneath the unit and it will be on hardwood surfaces. I want to build it myself since I'm an industrial designer LOL; but since I have no time on my hand at the moment, I might have to find someone to make it for me.

• Like 1