ReefCleaners.org

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

Gena, nobody paying any attention to my thread so I came here!

I'm like a little kid in a candy store!!!!! After starting my tank yesterday with dry rock and one small piece of dead live rock and a small piece of what the lfs guy said was dead coral....this morning a baby brittle star has crawed out of the coral piece!!!!!!! I just dosed this tank to get it cycling with Dr. Tim's ammonia and stablize so the params are not even on the chart yet, what do I do. Will this little guy die????!!!! Do I need to run get some phytoplankton for him, he probably hasn't eaten in days....and I haven't put the sand in yet, how do I keep from covering him up when I put that in....my tank thread is here:

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/339748-squishyfishys-nuvo-16/

Oops so sorry to hijack the thread trueisb I was trying to get Gena's attention. Carry on....... :wacko:

Hahahaha no problem. BUT DONT YOU DO THAT AGAIN :P

I will come and check out your thread.

Darn....I didn't order from Aquascapers. I did place an online order today though with PEA.

Oh I have been eyeing some stuff PEA has, but not sure about quality wise. Do you have good experience with them?

• Like 1

Hahahaha no problem. BUT DONT YOU DO THAT AGAIN :P

I will come and check out your thread.

Oh I have been eyeing some stuff PEA has, but not sure about quality wise. Do you have good experience with them?

Yeah....so far what I've bought from them has been very healthy. I just picked up some Red People Eaters this order. She said they are posting more things this weekend which I could add on since they won't be shipping until Monday. I'm going to keep an eye on it :).

I go with the regular unit, I'm very please with it. Though I did burn my coral up when I first got it, had to dial it back down. Right now I have White at 65 and Blue at 115. Everything seems to adjust and color back up.

Hmm...I have the Tide too but mine has a strong purple cast to the light. I tried doing the same setting as yours too. May I ask the white balance setting on your camera?

Hmm...I have the Tide too but mine has a strong purple cast to the light. I tried doing the same setting as yours too. May I ask the white balance setting on your camera?

Hm I manually adjust my white balance, it is on its own preset. I'm using Nikon and it set to A-B: A6; G-M:G2. I do also have background light on whenever I take pics, it might affect the lighting as well. But the photos do show the color of the light accurately on my tank, coral does however look more fluorescent in person, I think when I downsize and save for web, all the image lost a bit of their intensity.

What intensity are you running yours at? I notice if you bum up the white combo, it will give you more of a magenta/purple hint to it.

I am running 110 blues, 75 whites. I think it's because my Tide is only 4 inches or so above the water. Your tank is soooooo nice looking. I didn't read through the entire thread but the tank looked fuller in the FTS from last year. Did something happen?

I am running 110 blues, 75 whites. I think it's because my Tide is only 4 inches or so above the water. Your tank is soooooo nice looking. I didn't read through the entire thread but the tank looked fuller in the FTS from last year. Did something happen?

I replaced my sand bed with Crushed Coral thinking that it would help my ricordea HAHAHA, turned out it was a bad move. Long story short, I took out the big rock since it turn out to block too much flow, take up too much space; I put finer sand back in. Replaced my Vega with Nano Box unit. My yuma died and I lost of ricordea dues to temp flux that's when I upgraded to canister and inline heater.

But if you look closely, I still have the same livestocks, just more gorg. I think the big rock made an impression that the tank was fuller. I like how my rocks turned out, cleaner and easier to keep them in check.
One of my goby died tho for no reason. I put rics back in yesterday! I can't wait to snap some pics of it.
  • Like 1
jedimasterben

I really like the cleaner look. My 12 gallon has too much rock but it's just two big rocks so can't really do much about that. Your tank is very very nice. I may have said that already =P.

A hammer and screwdriver both beg to differ. :)

• Like 1

A hammer and screwdriver both beg to differ. :)

I really like the cleaner look. My 12 gallon has too much rock but it's just two big rocks so can't really do much about that. Your tank is very very nice. I may have said that already =P.

Haha Yes, that's what I did. I hammered the crap out of my rocks to get where it at now. :scarry:

• Like 1

How's your pederson shrimp doing? I think I lost one of my spotted :(. I didn't see it at all yesterday, nor so far today.

Oh no.. do you think it might be hiding somewhere? My pederson shrimp is finally eating brine shrimp I offer, it won't move to get food so I have to spot feed him. Very active little guys and stays very close to my ricordea. I hope your spotted will eventually show up!

• Like 1

I love this tank - what's your filtration set up? The glass pipes to a sump or a canister? Any pictures?

I keep my system very simple, the pipes connect to an inline heater and external canister (filter floss and a bag of Chemi pure elite).

• Like 1

great tank, only 1 thing I think could improve the tank.

Have you thought about getting the mini outflow pipe?

It is the smallest lily outflow pipe, what do you have in mind tho?

http://www.adana-usa.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67&products_id=368

Thats the one in your tank? I was at the ADA store yesterday and the lily outflow pipe they had was tiny and not very noticable.

Oh I saw that one in person as well. My initial thought is that it won't be pushing out enough flow lol so I went with the ADA 10mm version instead of the DoAqua one. Oh well lol.