Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

Well sad news, one of my gobies went belly up for no reason maybe old age......

Sorry :(

I forget what type of gobies you have??? Trimma?

I just recently lost one of my rusty gobies. Most likely old age. I wish gobies lived longer.

Sorry :(

I forget what type of gobies you have??? Trimma?

I just recently lost one of my rusty gobies. Most likely old age. I wish gobies lived longer.

I have a pair of Red Spotted Trimma, well now I only have a bachelor LOL.

I stopped at the Marble yard today to scout on some scrap for the cabinet. I will hear back soon for some other parts I'm looking for. Beside that, I'm debating between the ADA Glass Pipe and Do Aqua.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

This is so not my kind of language :rolleyes: LOL

Basically, the white LEDs sold in all AI fixtures were designed almost solely to light parking lots, and they pick the cheapest bins that they can get, which means that color suffers because of it.

• Like 1

Basically, the white LEDs sold in all AI fixtures were designed almost solely to light parking lots, and they pick the cheapest bins that they can get, which means that color suffers because of it.

For the price they are asking, I was expected more.....

Anyway, here is a couple quick shots of my current FTS (Sorry everything looks pissed off because I just did a little bit of water change due to heavier feeding for my new gorg!)

DSC_0283_zps547cff17.jpg

DSC_0281_zpsfe1b61a5.jpg

• Like 6
Looks very minimalist! What happened to all the floridas?

70% my fault of light shocking the crap out of them, 30% my Pom Pom plucked them out and use them as Pom Pom. I realized my rics started disappearing, didn't know why until one late night I realized my Pom Pom had 2 pissed up rics on it's claws. I took the Pom Pom out. I really had no luck with any kind of crabs. Or maybe just me hahaha. Everything else is fine, the only new thing is the bicolor gorg I recently got.

I also removed the big rock to have more flow and easier to maintenance. I also like the idea of a Coral Bommie, so I made one! I'm imagine of having more verticle gorgs, wire coral, and get more rics for the bottom. So far the new gorg is responding well to feeding and polyps extend all day (which means it is happy or starving hahahahaha hopefully not). I'm feeding twice a day and mini water change every other day as an experiment.

I want to order some Yellow Sea whip on Sealifeinc sometimes next week.

• Like 2

I ORDERED AN NANO BOX TIDE UNIT!!!!!!!!!!!

The base is getting expensive so I'm simplifying it down a little bit. I'm going to sell my Vega Color Unit. Hola me if someone is interested!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I know, right?!

It's kinda funny - after I started mentioning high-CRI (CRI is color rendering index, higher numbers means that it can accurately reproduce more colors) chips more and more across forums that AI started noting that they were using 70-CRI cool white LEDs (and to me, it almost seemed like they were flaunting it, like 'oh, ours are 70 CRI so ours are better!' lol). 70 CRI is, well, piss poor for our applications. 80 is the lowest I would go, with 85-90 being preferable as a base. Luckily, Dave uses good chips in his units, so you won't be disappointed. :)

• Like 2

I know, right?!

It's kinda funny - after I started mentioning high-CRI (CRI is color rendering index, higher numbers means that it can accurately reproduce more colors) chips more and more across forums that AI started noting that they were using 70-CRI cool white LEDs (and to me, it almost seemed like they were flaunting it, like 'oh, ours are 70 CRI so ours are better!' lol). 70 CRI is, well, piss poor for our applications. 80 is the lowest I would go, with 85-90 being preferable as a base. Luckily, Dave uses good chips in his units, so you won't be disappointed. :)

Dave is working on it for me! I can't wait to see the difference it will make.

I start dosing more live phyto in my tank everyday now, and mini water change every other day. I ordered a clean up crew from Reef Cleaners and it will be here on Friday! I isolated my scarlet hermit in the back chamber of the filter since it keeps knocking everything out of place. I think the hermit is getting too big for the pico... I might swap him at the LFS for a tiny one.

My next purchase will be a Eheim canister, an external Hydor heater, and ADA/Do Aqua Glass Pipes.

• Like 1

Well if you're going to go with eheim canister for sure...I would go with 2213 canister model and 13mm poppy pipes, not lily pipes. That's what I have right now on my ada mini L. Before I used to have a 2211 but the inflow and outflow pipes required different sizes meaning I had to buy 2 sets....both at different sizes, so I skipped out on that sold my 2211 and went with 2213 so that I can just buy 1 set of poppy pipes instead of two.

• Like 1

Anyway, here is a couple quick shots of my current FTS (Sorry everything looks pissed off because I just did a little bit of water change due to heavier feeding for my new gorg!)

DSC_0283_zps547cff17.jpg

DSC_0281_zpsfe1b61a5.jpg

Looks really good..love the scape

Well if you're going to go with eheim canister for sure...I would go with 2213 canister model and 13mm poppy pipes, not lily pipes. That's what I have right now on my ada mini L. Before I used to have a 2211 but the inflow and outflow pipes required different sizes meaning I had to buy 2 sets....both at different sizes, so I skipped out on that sold my 2211 and went with 2213 so that I can just buy 1 set of poppy pipes instead of two.

Oh yeah I noticed that, but for the 2213, I wonder if the slowest would still be too strong for my Mini S

Looks really good..love the scape

Thank you!!

My clean up crew from Reef Cleaner arrived today. I have to say, damn! I received more than I ever wanted. They really throw in A LOT OF EXTRAS. I now have a full army of snails! Anyone (locally) wants some let me know lol I can't even see my sand bed.... snails on of of snails.!!!

I do see couple of tiny hermit crabs, but I'm not sure they are safe to be in the tank because I can't tell what kind they are.... so I don't know what to do with them.

• Like 1

My clean up crew from Reef Cleaner arrived today. I have to say, damn! I received more than I ever wanted. They really throw in A LOT OF EXTRAS. I now have a full army of snails! Anyone (locally) wants some let me know lol I can't even see my sand bed.... snails on of of snails.!!!

I do see couple of tiny hermit crabs, but I'm not sure they are safe to be in the tank because I can't tell what kind they are.... so I don't know what to do with them.

We got a RC order on the same day :lol:. Luckily I had my cube I could put all the extras into. :)

I got a teeny tiny hermit as well. Is yours in a dwarf cerith shell?

BOOM!

11033041724_5b85861180_z.jpg

-Dave

Wow...the color!!!! omgomgomg This is your new light?????
  • Like 2

We got a RC order on the same day :lol:. Luckily I had my cube I could put all the extras into. :)

I got a teeny tiny hermit as well. Is yours in a dwarf cerith shell?

Wow...the color!!!! omgomgomg This is your new light?????

The hermits are in the dwarf cerith shell, I'm not sure if they are reef safe so I isolated them out at the moment. YES! That is my new light!!! :happydance:

BOOM!

11033041724_5b85861180_z.jpg

-Dave

THIS LOOK SOOOO GOOD!!!! I can't wait until it gets here :)))))))

Yuppp, his new light. Lol. :)

Ding ding ding!

• Like 3

The hermits are in the dwarf cerith shell, I'm not sure if they are reef safe so I isolated them out at the moment. YES! That is my new light!!! :happydance:

THIS LOOK SOOOO GOOD!!!! I can't wait until it gets here :)))))))

Ding ding ding!

I'm pretty sure they are reef safe. I bought some a long time ago from my LFS. No issues with them, though they didn't seem to live very long for whatever reason.

New light is very cool :happydance:. Does it have dimmer capability? I won't ever shell out a lot of dollars for another light unless it has the dimmer feature. I can no longer live without that feature ;).

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure they are reef safe. I bought some a long time ago from my LFS. No issues with them, though they didn't seem to live very long for whatever reason.

New light is very cool :happydance:. Does it have dimmer capability? I won't ever shell out a lot of dollars for another light unless it has the dimmer feature. I can no longer live without that feature ;).

It does come with a controller, I did a little research on the controller. It seems less intuitive (user-friendly) than the AI controller but I'm sure you can manage it. If I'm correct, you can dim your unit. I know some don't even run the light on 100%. I've heard a lot of good thing about the lighting so I'm going to give it a try.

• Like 1

It does come with a controller, I did a little research on the controller. It seems less intuitive (user-friendly) than the AI controller but I'm sure you can manage it. If I'm correct, you can dim your unit. I know some don't even run the light on 100%. I've heard a lot of good thing about the lighting so I'm going to give it a try.

I'm looking forward to your review. Maybe eventually I may spring for something fancy like that on my pico. I like the custom color option. :)