Pod Your Reef

Ombré Alley [ADA Mini S] TOTM *Retired*

xcom

Totally forgot, this is my new DIY aquarium background LOL I will have to install it tho

BG2.jpg

I like it! What's it made of and how are to going to mount it so it stays dry?? You have me thinking.........

THANKS!!!!! In general news, the flatworms infestation is under control, after 2 drops of the Flatworm exit, you can see them dying off and floating around the tank (AKA NASTY), I did a major water change after and the day after it. Now my ricordea looks happy again. My gobies are eating like pigs in other news.... I don't see my Pom Pom at all (once a week maybe)

*GENA! I think my tank needs some PRETTY algae :D hehehe

Great news about the flatworms and the ricordeas looking happy again :)

I don't have any algae to spare at the moment. But, I still have your address for when I do ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Great news about the flatworms and the ricordeas looking happy again :)

I don't have any algae to spare at the moment. But, I still have your address for when I do ;)

AWW! you are the best :D

• 2 weeks later...

Things have been crazy! Moving again HAHAHA oh my life.

On the other hand, this tank will be moving with me. Here are some updates! I now have: 1 pom pom (camera shy), 2 red spotted trimma gobies, 2 astrea snails, and few ricordeas. I have been rearranged and glued down some rics, they don't look as happy at the moment. Oh and I'm not sure if the Ombre effect is even working HAHAHAHA well I will keep trying.

I moved all the equipments into an Aquaclear 30, the background is just a print test (yes the actual one will cover the entire tank) I'm not pleased with the Aquaclear, but for now it works, I might want to do my version of modern glass/acrylic rest-on-back unit later when I'm free up a bit more.

Future plans, lots more rics to cover the entire sand bed -> Is this a good idea?, yellow sea whips branches on the left rock, and dragon breath algae as a back drop.

DSC_0260_zps2a671b29.jpg

DSC_0262_zps4f8ae6fa.jpg

Red_Spotted_Goby_01_zpsd9121400.jpg

• Like 1

I followed Gena here and boy am I ever glad I did. This tank is just so gorgeous. Then again it might be the rics. I love them. :wub: You have a great eye too, and a good use of space and color.

Deleted User 4

Wow, love the red spotted trima gobies!! Where did you get them?? They jumpers?

Hopefully you got them local so I can stop by there and check it out haha.

Also, what do you plan on adding onto the rocks? If ricordias then you can glue a couple onto the rockwork. :)

Dude where did you get these little guys? Really nice.

Wow, love the red spotted trima gobies!! Where did you get them?? They jumpers?

Hopefully you got them local so I can stop by there and check it out haha.

Also, what do you plan on adding onto the rocks? If ricordias then you can glue a couple onto the rockwork. :)

I got them at a LFS in Culver City called "The aquarium". The store carries them from time to time.

They don't seem to be a jumper, tho one time I was messing with the light, one of them had light shock and jumped but I catch it in time. Very active fish!!! I might add one more HAHAHA

I really hate glueing ricordea underwater LOL so no I wont be adding them onto the big rocks. I don't know, ricordea seem very finicky to me, especially the colorful ones...... also depends on colors they all have different lighting reactions....

Deleted User 4

I got them at a LFS in Culver City called "The aquarium". The store carries them from time to time.

They don't seem to be a jumper, tho one time I was messing with the light, one of them had light shock and jumped but I catch it in time. Very active fish!!! I might add one more HAHAHA

I really hate glueing ricordea underwater LOL so no I wont be adding them onto the big rocks. I don't know, ricordea seem very finicky to me, especially the colorful ones...... also depends on colors they all have different lighting reactions....

Well, your rock isn't thattt big. You can just take the rock out for a minute to glue the ricordias? Otherwise, what's your plan on stocking towards the rockwork? Hmmmm Have you ever thought of adding dendros/sun corals? Hmmm

I agree with the lighting reactions implemented on their colors. :)

Just checked culver city....45min drive from me.lol

Well, your rock isn't thattt big. You can just take the rock out for a minute to glue the ricordias? Otherwise, what's your plan on stocking towards the rockwork? Hmmmm Have you ever thought of adding dendros/sun corals? Hmmm

I agree with the lighting reactions implemented on their colors. :)

Just checked culver city....45min drive from me.lol

Well, the big rock is really buried under the sand I think I will stick with the Rics Alley idea :P, 45 mins drive is not too bad vs. $65 shipping from liveaquaria which they also ship them out from their warehouse in California hahaha. Make sure you call before come in tho.

On the other hand, just finished my move again yesterday. Gotta say I LOVE MY MINI S! just siphoned out like 2/3 tank, lift the whole thing up into the original cardboard box, had someone hold it in my car, and drove! *I do not recommend this method of transferring your tank LOL*

Pics coming soon.

Deleted User 4

Well, the big rock is really buried under the sand I think I will stick with the Rics Alley idea :P, 45 mins drive is not too bad vs. $65 shipping from liveaquaria which they also ship them out from their warehouse in California hahaha. Make sure you call before come in tho.

On the other hand, just finished my move again yesterday. Gotta say I LOVE MY MINI S! just siphoned out like 2/3 tank, lift the whole thing up into the original cardboard box, had someone hold it in my car, and drove! *I do not recommend this method of transferring your tank LOL*

Pics coming soon.

I see. Sooo, more ricoridas for the rock work? :)

Yeah, this is also what I like about nano tanks. They're easy to move, easy to take care of, cheaper, smaller and still yet enjoyable.

Pics coming soon.

Does this mean you are not moving out east?

Does this mean you are not moving out east?

At the current situation, that will be a no; but I have moved 3 times for the past 6-7 months LOL story of my life......

Besides that, I WANT MORE COLORFUL RICS!!!! *sigh*

I see. Sooo, more ricoridas for the rock work? :)

Yeah, this is also what I like about nano tanks. They're easy to move, easy to take care of, cheaper, smaller and still yet enjoyable.

I will get more oddball rics to fill out the sand bed, eventually I want to fill up the small rocks...... I think I need some vertical Gorgs in there to balance out the rics garden. I'm still waiting for Gena fabulous algae :P

Nice!! More gorgs, more beauty. Not planning on adding a clown fish? Nemo, perhaps. :)

I think I max out in term of livestocks for a 2.5g pico LOL

I'm planning on getting another spotted goby or a masked goby, maybe a Pederson shrimp (hoping that it will host my ric)

Deleted User 4

I think I max out in term of livestocks for a 2.5g pico LOL

I'm planning on getting another spotted goby or a masked goby, maybe a Pederson shrimp (hoping that it will host my ric)

Ohh yess!! Add a pederson shrimp man!! I'm sure it'll host your rics!!

I will get more oddball rics to fill out the sand bed, eventually I want to fill up the small rocks...... I think I need some vertical Gorgs in there to balance out the rics garden. I'm still waiting for Gena fabulous algae :P

I'm going to need to trim my dragon's breath very soon. I promised some to one other person but have enough for two people. Won't be a huge piece though. I'm going to need your new address to send it out. I'm not using heat packs so I don't want to ship when it's so cold! You could always pick it up in person too ;) What city did you move to?
Deleted User 4

I'm going to need to trim my dragon's breath very soon. I promised some to one other person but have enough for two people. Won't be a huge piece though. I'm going to need your new address to send it out. I'm not using heat packs so I don't want to ship when it's so cold! You could always pick it up in person too ;) What city did you move to?

Yeah, what city? Maybe you've moved closer to me? hahaha

Also, how much are you selling the dragon's breath for?

Yay!!! keep me posted!!! I can pick it up, I do drive to your city (confidentiality LOL) to work once or twice a week! Let me know I will purchase them off your hand, I think a small piece is good enough, I know it will grow fast. THANKS GENA :)

Deleted User 4

Ohh yeah, forgot to mention but while I was selling my lps collection from my manta ray 18, a guy who bought my bicolor acans said he bought the elos mini from you haha!! Thought that was pretty cool. He had a pony tail.

Ohh yeah, forgot to mention but while I was selling my lps collection from my manta ray 18, a guy who bought my bicolor acans said he bought the elos mini from you haha!! Thought that was pretty cool. He had a pony tail.

HAHAHA really! Such a small world we live in LOL He was pretty cool, nice guy.

Deleted User 4

HAHAHA really! Such a small world we live in LOL He was pretty cool, nice guy.

Yeah, he was nice alright. He bought my bicolor acans and acan enchinata!!

He said you were nice and he doesn't regret buying the used elos from you haha. Something about package deal you gave, I'm assuming you gave him some extra stuff and he was going to buy your lights but ended up not. He has kessils over it now.