Coral Vue Hydros

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

And then this happened... THE PLAGUE! They just showed up out of nowhere. I have never had blue clove polyps before. I'm thinking I may cut them off before they spread.

photo-2-2.jpg

You know, I have/had those in my tank. Could have hitched in with my frags :blush:. I like them but I understand why people try to get rid of them.
  • Like 1
Arkayology

You know, I have/had those in my tank. Could have hitched in with my frags :blush:. I like them but I understand why people try to get rid of them.

CURSE YOU!!!!! JK!!!! Who knows where they came from? :unsure:

What are we looking at?

Dead center in the pic there is a little patch of blue polyps. They spread like wildfire and start to choke out corals eventually.

• Like 1

CURSE YOU!!!!! JK!!!! Who knows where they came from? :unsure:

Dead center in the pic there is a little patch of blue polyps. They spread like wildfire and start to choke out corals eventually.

I think they look pretty when they choke out other corals :lol:.
Arkayology

I think they look pretty when they choke out other corals :lol:.

:D Gettin' in the way of mah SPS!!! I thought about keeping them for a hot second... then I thought better.

• Like 1
Arkayology

So..... shooting at UC Santa Barbara last night. I heard the sirens, but didn't think much as sirens always head over that way on the weekend. Crazy.

So..... shooting at UC Santa Barbara last night. I heard the sirens, but didn't think much as sirens always head over that way on the weekend. Crazy.

They had something about it on the news last night, but I think it was still breaking news at the time. Read about it online this morning. The guy that did it was C R A Z Y. He has youtube videos that were clear warnings of what he was going to do. Creepy guy.
Arkayology

They had something about it on the news last night, but I think it was still breaking news at the time. Read about it online this morning. The guy that did it was C R A Z Y. He has youtube videos that were clear warnings of what he was going to do. Creepy guy.

Ya, i saw the youtube video. Full hate that guy.

And then this happened... THE PLAGUE! They just showed up out of nowhere. I have never had blue clove polyps before. I'm thinking I may cut them off before they spread.

I'll take them!

Why must the they be so invasive? I'd love a single stalk of Xenia or a zoa patch sized piece of those blue cloves if they didn't take over tanks in 6 months. Get them out of there! Still, some days I think about making the ultimate KISS tank with Blue Cloves, GSP, Xenia, and Kenya Colt softies and am tempted by the ease of it. Hmmm....

Never had blue cloves so I cannot comment but I have Xenia for nearly 2 years and i beat them back with a stick so they behave. I do have a forest of them, but they are at the back of the tank on the back of a rock where they actually looks fantastic in an otherwise dead corner.

• Like 3
Arkayology

Pics required please :)

I'll post some pics when I get the materials in. A friend of mine showed me how to do it and it seems really easy to set up and program.

To start, I ordered a pair of these from China:

$_12.JPG

I'll post some pics when I get the materials in. A friend of mine showed me how to do it and it seems really easy to set up and program.

To start, I ordered a pair of these from China:

I bought a float switch a couple of months ago but never did anything with it. Give me some ideas. :)

Arkayology

I bought a float switch a couple of months ago but never did anything with it. Give me some ideas. :)

My friend made this video to detail the process step by step.

• Like 2
Arkayology

Are you rigging a pump to empty the skimmer?

No, but that would be really awesome! Good idea man. I am simply going to rig up a float switch on the lid of the skimmer to turn the skimmer off when the skimmer cup fills up. My fiancé doesn't always remember to empty the cup while she is taking care of the tank while I am off doing research, so this way I can check to see when the cup is full on apex fusion and tell her.

• Like 2

Ah I see, I love the apex, so much you can do! Also Idk about you but sometimes my skimmer goes nuts, it would be nice to turn off in these situations instead of diluting the skimate with "clean" water and overflowing it back into the tank.

Arkayology

Ah I see, I love the apex, so much you can do! Also Idk about you but sometimes my skimmer goes nuts, it would be nice to turn off in these situations instead of diluting the skimate with "clean" water and overflowing it back into the tank.

Yup! My skimmer went nuts a couple years ago, got the stand wet which made it start to crack, and caused me to lose my 60g cube. I am going to make sure that doesn't happen again with this tank.

• Like 1
Arkayology

15 days until I leave for Peru for 7 weeks. 6 days until I defend my proposal and (hopefully) become a PhD candidate. omgomgomg

• Like 8

15 days until I leave for Peru for 7 weeks. 6 days until I defend my proposal and (hopefully) become a PhD candidate. omgomgomg

You've got this :happy:.
  • Like 4
Arkayology

Did they challenge you to a duel? ;)

WhoooooooO!!

A duel of the minds!

You've got this :happy:.

Thanks for the vote of confidence! :)

• Like 3