Pod Your Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Arkayology

Indy, we need some killer SPS shots now :)

^ +1 several pages now without pictures. I know this tank is still growing out even more so lets see something!

I'll see what I can do about some pics. I have been so busy working on my dissertation proposal. I defend it June 3rd and I leave for Peru June 13th, so lots to do. I can work in some new pics for you all though! :)

• Like 1
Arkayology

Here are some shots I took this morning for y'all.

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

I had to move the rainbow pocci away from the "edgar's acro"

IMG_2704.jpg

Notice that there is a little limpet or something that has grown into the green mille. I have just let it be because I kinda like it

IMG_2703.jpg

Group shot. These things are growing so big and starting to grow into each other!

IMG_2699.jpg

Nice angle on the red dragon. The main branches are getting pretty long. I had to trim it because it grew into the "edgar's acro"

IMG_2689.jpg

Check out how much the SSC has encrusted. Now I just need some tabling action from it!

IMG_2688.jpg

Palmer's Blue mille is almost encrusting off the plug.

IMG_2687.jpg

Pink Lemonade encrusting. I has put out about half an inch in the last 6 weeks since I got it.

IMG_2686.jpg

• Like 23

I'll see what I can do about some pics. I have been so busy working on my dissertation proposal. I defend it June 3rd and I leave for Peru June 13th, so lots to do. I can work in some new pics for you all though! :)

Good luck, Bro!

Advice from one who has been there...BREATHE, don't rush, and pause and think if you get stuck/zinged by your committee.

• Like 1
Arkayology

Beautiful tank I wish I could house that many sps!

Thank you! I am having trouble keeping them all! They are growing into each other and I am constantly having to increase dosing. I need to figure out what to do about it.

Seriously Indy your tank looks awesome!

Thanks!!!!

Amazing Ark :bowdown: .

:) TY. Yours is looking really good as well.

Good luck, Bro!

Advice from one who has been there...BREATHE, don't rush, and pause and think if you get stuck/zinged by your committee.

Thanks man. Luckly my advisor is really awesome and has been helping me through the whole thing. There should be no zingers that I am not already aware of... I hope. There is one committee member who is a really hard a$$, so who knows?

Ditto the amazing :wub:

Thanks Gena! You gotta stop by and check out the tank some time!

Wow, looks better than last month! Soak it all in before you have to leave this summer.

I am trying to get as much time as I can with it. Last time I left the country my tank had to be emergency taken down and I lost almost everything.

Tank looks amaze-balls! Need to get some of that "edgars acro".

lol thanks! The Edgar's Acro is a frag of a coral named for an employee at a well known LFS on the central coast. It has a really interesting growth pattern and a nice blue/green color pattern going. The PE is great on to boot. I may be doing some frag packs on NR sooner or later so I will let you all know.

Awesome Indy!

Thanks Christine! :)

• Like 3
Arkayology

What you need to do about is frag some and send them to me 305 crescent dr. 77801 ;)

I agree, a good nano reef friend sends all his followers a complimentary frag, compliments of success.

:D

Looking. Good as always, did the wp(25?) help much?

It helped so much. I think the PE has gotten better and it may have contributed to the increase growth. Either way, I am much happier with the mp25 than the vortechs. The wave action is really amazing.

Arkayology

After a long struggle with my maxima clam, I lost it tonight. I was doing a nighttime check on the tank and it was covered in nass snails. It really never looked the same after I sent in my radion in Feb to be upgraded. The derasa is not looking 100% good, but not terrible, and the crocea is fully extended and looks great. I guess there really wasn't much I could do for it.

Sorry for your loss, thought the last time I was here it was the intensity of the new pucks. Tank looks amazing, maybe it was some kind of sacrifice to the reef gods. Do you feel that you have better growth and color from the new lights?

Legendary Corals

Here are some shots I took this morning for y'all.

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2716.jpg

I had to move the rainbow pocci away from the "edgar's acro"

IMG_2704.jpg

Notice that there is a little limpet or something that has grown into the green mille. I have just let it be because I kinda like it

IMG_2703.jpg

Group shot. These things are growing so big and starting to grow into each other!

IMG_2699.jpg

Nice angle on the red dragon. The main branches are getting pretty long. I had to trim it because it grew into the "edgar's acro"

IMG_2689.jpg

Check out how much the SSC has encrusted. Now I just need some tabling action from it!

IMG_2688.jpg

Palmer's Blue mille is almost encrusting off the plug.

IMG_2687.jpg

Pink Lemonade encrusting. I has put out about half an inch in the last 6 weeks since I got it.

IMG_2686.jpg

Oh man... What eye candy. Makes me want to go back into SPS.

• Like 2
Reefmaster1996

Sorry bout the clam, have a friend who just lost a crocea clam from his jawfish burying it over night, snails were all over it too.

• Like 1