Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Well tried a kole tang.... Only lasted 2 weeks... Never really ate, well ate all the algae off the back wall, grazed on rock all the time but got skinny, would grab a piece of mysis now and then, didn't touch nori. Was starting to look a bit better but I think my serpant star got hold of him today and wouldn't let go. He was a snack for the star and all the hermit crabs and stuff. Don't even know where the Skelton went to now. Midas blenny it is.

jedimasterben

It would have been dead before the CUC got to him, only green serpent stars would go after it before it died.

Still sucks big ones though :(

Well tried a kole tang.... Only lasted 2 weeks... Never really ate, well ate all the algae off the back wall, grazed on rock all the time but got skinny, would grab a piece of mysis now and then, didn't touch nori. Was starting to look a bit better but I think my serpant star got hold of him today and wouldn't let go. He was a snack for the star and all the hermit crabs and stuff. Don't even know where the Skelton went to now. Midas blenny it is.

Sorry man. That really sucks. Was it eating in the store? Maybe you can try again some day.

It would have been dead before the CUC got to him, only green serpent stars would go after it before it died.

Still sucks big ones though :(

True.

Sorry man. That really sucks. Was it eating in the store? Maybe you can try again some day.

True.

He was picking at all the walls and glass at the lfs...

I feel so bad for not stopping by to say congrats for TOTM Ark! Absolutely deserved, well done.

Ya.. I have a list of all my NR.com friends who didn't say congrats right away. I am going to secretly hate on you all now! :P

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I wonder who is next though? That is the most exciting part.

He was picking at all the walls and glass at the lfs...

That really sucks. Such a pretty fish to just wither away and die. :(

• Like 1

I am seriously annoyed right now. I have had a friedmani purple dottyback in my fuge for the last 3 weeks in an attempt to get it to bulk up and grow a bit so it can hold it's own in the DT with the larger fish. Well, today it was looking healthy and it had grown to about 2 inches in length. I figured it would be fine. I fished it out of the fuge and put it into the display tank. It was swimming around and everything looked good until all of a sudden my female clown swims over, takes a huge bite out of the dottyback, kills it, and drags it to the GBTA.

Seriously?

• Like 5
I am seriously annoyed right now. I have had a friedmani purple dottyback in my fuge for the last 3 weeks in an attempt to get it to bulk up and grow a bit so it can hold it's own in the DT with the larger fish. Well, today it was looking healthy and it had grown to about 2 inches in length. I figured it would be fine. I fished it out of the fuge and put it into the display tank. It was swimming around and everything looked good until all of a sudden my female clown swims over, takes a huge bite out of the dottyback, kills it, and drags it to the GBTA.

Seriously?

Really terrible! But sorry kinda awesome! ;)

• Like 1

Seriously?

Whiskey tango foxtrot, over!

• Like 2

Really terrible! But sorry kinda awesome! ;)

<_<

Whiskey tango foxtrot, over!

Iknorite?

:lol:

Yikes, Ark!!!! Sorry :(.

Ya.. I feel bad for the fish.

• Like 1

Seriously?

Dear god, what kind of a camp are you running there Indy? So sorry about the dotty, man, eaten alive, brutal ! Looks like the clown and nem have a deal going :huh:

• Like 2

Dear god, what kind of a camp are you running there Indy? So sorry about the dotty, man, eaten alive, brutal ! Looks like the clown and nem have a deal going :huh:

It's dog-eat-dog around here I guess. These fish are brutal! I've never seen the clowns take any kind of food to the hem before. I am still kinda shocked.

That was a horrible death. But there's no way you could have known that would happen.

Ya, but it still sucks. I don't think I am adding any fish for awhile :(

• Like 2

Congrats Indy on TOTM ! Sorry about the dotty usually they can hold there own. Wow - your clowns must be really dominating the tank or the dotty was just swimming in the wrong area at the wrong time. What type / kind of dotty was it ? I have an ORA Splendid Dottyback with 2 clowns and they seem to all get a long. My dotty was the last fish I added to my tank too.

• Like 1

Congrats Indy on TOTM ! Sorry about the dotty usually they can hold there own. Wow - your clowns must be really dominating the tank or the dotty was just swimming in the wrong area at the wrong time. What type / kind of dotty was it ? I have an ORA Splendid Dottyback with 2 clowns and they seem to all get a long. My dotty was the last fish I added to my tank too.

Thanks man. It was an tank bred orchid dotty.

I have sold the mp40. It was just too much. It was affecting PE a lot as it was too strong. I have the mp10 running solo with the return pipe until my wp10 gets here later this week. The first night of no mp40 the PE was crazy on my SPS, especially the cali tort and palmers blue mille. I swear the palmer's blue mille has polyps that were almost an inch long!

Good grief!

Tell me about it.

So... my apex did not turn on my heater at all today. There is not recognition that it even turned it on in the output log, even though it finally turned on 3 hours ago. Weird?

edit: nevermind, my heater was unplugged. I am lame. Go about your business.

• Like 3

I will be leaving for Peru again this summer for 7 weeks. The last time I went to Peru my fiancé had to take the tank down and I lost a lot of very beautiful colonies. I am hoping for a better outcome this time around.

I hope you can let her take care of the tank in the upcoming weeks. That way if she has any questions or problems you can answer them or step in before she has to do it solo for 2 months nailbiting.png

Or maybe a local club member to at least come over every week or two to fill in the gaps or harder maintenance.

• Like 2

I hope you can let her take care of the tank in the upcoming weeks. That way if she has any questions or problems you can answer them or step in before she has to do it solo for 2 months nailbiting.png

Or maybe a local club member to at least come over every week or two to fill in the gaps or harder maintenance.

Ya, she has some numbers of locals who can stop by quickly if there is a problem with anything. That is a good idea though. I should have her take care of it for a couple weeks to see how she does. She knows the ins and outs, but I think I will test her. It will have hard not taking care of the tank while I am home though! :D

• Like 1
BRADYBUNCH7

Seriously?

If only you had a video :P

• Like 1

If only you had a video :P

Ya.. but it would be sad to watch the little guy get eaten over and over again. It was a pretty purple fish. :( Oh well. I guess it happens.

I sold the mp40. My wp10 from Dave came today. It works really well, but it is not powerful enough for my tank. I ordered an wp25 to see what i can do about the flow in my tank. I have become unhappy with the boring reef crest.

Sorry about the dotty Ark, my female clown was a real bitch as well. She would constantly attack anything new in the tank whether it was my hand, the turkey baster and even some corals.