Coral Vue Hydros

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Wait, don't you have a kole tang now? It probably won't be there much longer :/

It hasn't shown much interest in it. If it starts to chow down, I will put it back into the fuge. It is just a shame to keep this in the fuge when it is so good looking.

jedimasterben

It hasn't shown much interest in it. If it starts to chow down, I will put it back into the fuge. It is just a shame to keep this in the fuge when it is so good looking.

Yeah, the stuff is really awesome. I wish my rabbitfish hadn't eaten all of mine before I could get it away :angry:

• Like 2

Do you think that the wp10 would be a good fit for my tank footprint? I don't want too much flow, but I also don't want too little. My plan is to remove the mp40 and replace it with a wp10 or wp25 first, and then replace the mp10 down the road if I life the jebao pumps.

Still unsure about it though.

Yeah, the stuff is really awesome. I wish my rabbitfish hadn't eaten all of mine before I could get it away :angry:

Dang that rabbitfish! Well, you can't get too made right? It does eat bubble algae after all right?

Do you think that the wp10 would be a good fit for my tank footprint? I don't want too much flow, but I also don't want too little. My plan is to remove the mp40 and replace it with a wp10 or wp25 first, and then replace the mp10 down the road if I life the jebao pumps.

Still unsure about it though.

Dang that rabbitfish! Well, you can't get too made right? It does eat bubble algae after all right?

I think the mp40 with a wp25 would be good, the wp10 is too small IMO but it is powerful. If you must replace the mp40 then only a wp25 will work but you will have to clean it biweekly to maintain power.

• Like 1

I was able to fix my vortech programming. I had the code and everything right with the tdata in the VO, but I also had it with the basic outlet. The two together didn't jive, so the pump turned off I guess. Everything is working as it should now. Huzzah!

I think the mp40 with a wp25 would be good, the wp10 is too small IMO but it is powerful. If you must replace the mp40 then only a wp25 will work but you will have to clean it biweekly to maintain power.

I may just keep what I have then. I really don't like cleaning things... even if they ought to be cleaned lol.

• Like 1

People say (medred) tech m is filled with some bad chemicals in it so he stopped using it?

Do you still use it?

Yup. I squirt a bit into my tank weekly to keep my mag up. I've been using it for 4 years now. I've never heard anything about that. I'll have to read up on it.

People say (medred) tech m is filled with some bad chemicals in it so he stopped using it?

Do you still use it?

I theorize that this bad stuff is what kills the byropsis, I've been mixing my own mg using acs chemical grade regents (high purity) and I still see "metal" insolubles on the bottom of the bottle.

• Like 1

So, as I was sitting in my living room sipping my coffee and checking up on the latest reef goings-on, I was looking at how awesome the flame algae looks in the DT. My eyes were wandering around the tank and they fell on my blue tux urchin. I then remembered that this guy will chow down on the flame algae, right? I guess I have to put this stuff back into the sump.

I theorize that this bad stuff is what kills the byropsis, I've been mixing my own mg using acs chemical grade regents (high purity) and I still see "metal" insolubles on the bottom of the bottle.

Who knows. It could be an impurity, metals, magic. I guess I have been lucky as far as this stuff is concerned.

So, as I was sitting in my living room sipping my coffee and checking up on the latest reef goings-on, I was looking at how awesome the flame algae looks in the DT. My eyes were wandering around the tank and they fell on my blue tux urchin. I then remembered that this guy will chow down on the flame algae, right? I guess I have to put this stuff back into the sump.

Who knows. It could be an impurity, metals, magic. I guess I have been lucky as far as this stuff is concerned.

that, or get rid of the urchin. But yes, he will destroy the flame algae :'(

that, or get rid of the urchin. But yes, he will destroy the flame algae :'(

Yep, urchins will even eat calcareous macros like halimeda.

Sad. I like the urchin too much to get rid of it. EVERY time I feed Rod's food, it releases sperm into the water. Very weird, but my SPS like it.

Indy, are you using SMTP2GO.com for your Apex email alert forwarding?

Hey Christine, I am using Neptune's servers to take care of the email and text forwarding. Are you not into fusion yet?

• Like 1

Hey Christine, I am using Neptune's servers to take care of the email and text forwarding. Are you not into fusion yet?

No, really don't know much about up here in Canada. I just found out GMX servers were no longer working as of October and my email alert was not working. Just switched to SMTP2GO as per Apex recommendations, I have it working again. Guess it's a good idea to check out the Apex forum once and a while for updates, they don't seem to be anywhere else. Fusion is in my future I guess, just need to figure out what it is all about first.

• Like 1

No, really don't know much about up here in Canada. I just found out GMX servers were no longer working as of October and my email alert was not working. Just switched to SMTP2GO as per Apex recommendations, I have it working again. Guess it's a good idea to check out the Apex forum once and a while for updates, they don't seem to be anywhere else. Fusion is in my future I guess, just need to figure out what it is all about first.

Ya, once you figure out fusion and get it set up it makes the email/text setup a breeze. I also find the mobil platform much easier to use on my phone than the app from the old setup. I would check it out. The transition is seamless and painless.

• Like 2

Ya, once you figure out fusion and get it set up it makes the email/text setup a breeze. I also find the mobil platform much easier to use on my phone than the app from the old setup. I would check it out. The transition is seamless and painless.

Do they have email in Canada? :D

• Like 3

Hi Indy. How is the TOTM going?

It has been quite an experience. I have been excited with all the attention that my tank has been getting. I can't wait to see who is next.

• Like 2