Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

I run my MP 40 (on back wall) at about 30%, got a cool gyral wave going on SP mode. I also jaded an MP 10 running at about 50% on opposite side wall.

Agree with insane water flow with the thing in smaller aquariums

• Like 1

I have been thinking about giving T5s a change again lately. I love my radion, but I don't get a lot of light around the edges of my tank. I will have to buy a par38 spotlight if I want to address the edges. I think T5s may be a good way to keep the heat down but give me a good light spread. I also get some shading because of the LEDs. While this doesn't effect the health of the SPS IME, it does not always look the greatest.

Hmm...

I only run an mp40 and find I cant turn it up beyond 40%, mind you this is a 3' long tank.

I run my MP 40 (on back wall) at about 30%, got a cool gyral wave going on SP mode. I also jaded an MP 10 running at about 50% on opposite side wall.

Agree with insane water flow with the thing in smaller aquariums

I bought the mp40 because it was super cheap and I thought I would give it a try. I think the SPS like the flow, but it is a bit much given that the tank is only 24'' and doesn't give me a lot of room to adjust things in terms of % of flow and whatnot.

Who knows what I will do. I may keep things they way they are. I may change it up. :unsure:;)

jedimasterben

If you're gonna do anything with the light, first get the wide lenses. Then buy a used 6x24w Sunpower and hack out the middle four bulbs. :D

If you're gonna do anything with the light, first get the wide lenses. Then buy a used 6x24w Sunpower and hack out the middle four bulbs. :D

I really don't know about those wide-angle lenses. It would help with the low light sides, but not the shading.

The only thing stopping me from going to T5s is that I won't get that shimmer I love from LEDs and MH. I could take out the middle four bulbs in a 6x24 sun power. That would be kinda cool... Hmm...

jedimasterben

I really don't know about those wide-angle lenses.

What don't you know about them? lol

The only thing stopping me from going to T5s is that I won't get that shimmer I love from LEDs and MH. I could take out the middle four bulbs in a 6x24 sun power. That would be kinda cool... Hmm...

Can't find my links to the ones with the Sunpower/Radion combo, but here is one with the Aquamedic 6 bulb Oceanlight.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22552471#post22552471

• Like 2

What don't you know about them? lol

They just seem different.... lol It would probably help with the lower light around the edges, but not the shading which is my biggest concern./

Can't find my links to the ones with the Sunpower/Radion combo, but here is one with the Aquamedic 6 bulb Oceanlight.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?p=22552471#post22552471

Nice! I will look around to see if I can find an old T5 light fixture to rig up.

Congrats on TOTM!

Very obviously well deserved!!!!

Thanks man!

Congrats on TOTM. It was only a matter of time.

Thanks Steely. I'm glad to you you on! How are you doing? Any plans on getting back in? :)

Woot! Very nice.

:) Thanks!

One of my fav tanks! Congrats ARKY!!!!!@$%$#^#%^*($^#@$^%@^$UWSRFGN MZDSPJ^HA#O

lol, thanks man!

Grats on TOTM, well deserved. :)

Thanks a ton!

Congrats Ark!

Thanks!!!!! Your tank is awesome too! It will not be long for you.

You and Gena are next IMO.

+1

Congrats bud.

Thanks Tron!!!!

Congrats, well deserved and beautiful tank!

Thanks Dan!!!!

Congrats!

Thank you Walker.

jedimasterben

They just seem different.... lol It would probably help with the lower light around the edges, but not the shading which is my biggest concern./

They'd actually help out with shading, too, but not to the extent that distributed light would.

Nice! I will look around to see if I can find an old T5 light fixture to rig up.

I'll keep my eyes open for ya.

And congrats!! May a rainbow fall from the sky and hit you right in the junk by day's end! :D

• Like 1

And congrats!! May a rainbow fall from the sky and hit you right in the junk by day's end! :D

LOL...did you just make that up Ben? Maybe substitute hit with illuminate or caress...sounds less painful :lol:.

Congrats, Ark!!!! So deserved!!!! I was hoping this was your month :).

jedimasterben

LOL...did you just make that up Ben? Maybe substitute hit with illuminate or caress...sounds less painful :lol:.

I wish lol

card_rainbow.jpg

• Like 5

Congrats man, we'll deserved!

The wide angle lens seemed to decrease my shadowing, along with a better spread, I just installed it 15 min ago.