SaltCritters.com

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

I think I am due for a monthly photo update. I'll see what I can do.

Looks great! I'll need to figure something else out other than that gooseneck. It would be too low for my mangroves. I think I'll definitely pick up one of those bulbs though.

You sure? It it able to adjust fairly high. I would thing it would for awhile unless you mangroves are already pretty big.

If you aren't planning on any rooting plants, might as well leave it BB.

I will probably leave the sand out then. I think you are right. There is no point in having it. I don't think that the dragon tongue/flame algae stuff roots and I know chaeto doesn't

Looks good, I had the same splash elbow on my old nwb110

Ya? I have to rig something up to help with the splashing and the noise from the exit pipe. It was noisy! Now it is silent minus a bit of vibration from the skimmer pump.

• Like 2

You sure? It it able to adjust fairly high. I would thing it would for awhile unless you mangroves are already pretty big.

Yeah...a couple of my mangroves are really tall already.
  • Like 1
Update:
Hawkins
IMG_2574.jpg
red dragon
IMG_2563.jpg
tyree ultimate blue stag showing new buds
IMG_2562.jpg
red cap I put in the back and forgot about, now it's huge
IMG_2566.jpg
nasuta that is coloring up nicely
IMG_2577.jpg
pearlberry
IMG_2579.jpg
IMG_2603.jpg
IMG_2606.jpg
IMG_2609.jpg
IMG_2610_2.jpg

The solan fairy wrasse

IMG_2590.jpg

baby kole is getting a little bigger

IMG_2594.jpg

• Like 15
TheKleinReef

is it bad that i've been ignoring all my inspirations's threads because it makes me really frustrated with my tanks? :(

i'm glad to see everything is doing well Ark. i would sell my soul to be able to keep SPS alive again.

• Like 1
TheKleinReef

Cheer up Rodger it'll get better, hard to take care of a tank 24/7 when your gone at school! Is that your dog in your avatar?

i'm home on break so my goal is to fix it before i go back. i don't think it'll happen though.

and its a red panda, hands down the coolest animal ever:

BE0m2BZ.gif

• Like 3

is it bad that i've been ignoring all my inspirations's threads because it makes me really frustrated with my tanks? :(

i'm glad to see everything is doing well Ark. i would sell my soul to be able to keep SPS alive again.

lol. thanks man. I'm sure you will get back to making SPS beautiful again.

:wub:

Awesome update! Were you having trouble with SPS???? Cuz it sure doesn't look like it :). Beautiful!!!!

I was for basically the first year of this tank's existence. Now i'm not doing biopellets or zeovit, everything is good for now.

Tank looks amazing, makes me want to get rid of all my common crap and buy boatloads of name brand Sps

Thanks! I get aquacultured named corals mostly because they grow better than maricultured. As you may have noticed, I don't like naming corals. I think it's stupid.

Nice nice :-)

Thanks! :)

Tank looks very healthy Indy, some quality colours happening there!

Ya, things are getting better. I am slowly ramping up the radian's intensity and it is making the colors come out I think. I am at 35% most of the day with 3 hours at 40%. I am trying to get it to 50% all day long over the next month and leave it there and evaluate if I can go higher.

• Like 3

Great update, everything looks great. I have yet to figure out exactly where to place caps. All of mine are in locations that will require constant break .... trimming.

Looks good dude! Have you ever had trouble getting the fusion to turn off items in your tank? I just set up and cant seem to get it to work.

Make sure you enabled fusion in the native web page

Looks good dude! Have you ever had trouble getting the fusion to turn off items in your tank? I just set up and cant seem to get it to work.

I have not had the issue. Are you trying to turn them off manually or on their timed on/off settings?

Damn this tank is looking so nice!

Thanks!!!

Looks great man!!!! Definitely pulling some good colors :)

Thanks a lot! They are getting better, aren't they? :)

Colors are definitely looking great! The tank looks awesome.

Thanks Lalani.

Hey ark is that large montipora in the front a sunset?

Ya, it is. It' the bane of my existence. It grows so fast that it is exhausting to frag.

How is the clam Indy?

They are doing much better now. Thanks for asking, Kat. The crocea and maxima are almost extending their mantles normally and the desera is open to it's normal position, but not extending too much. I can see that another shell layer is coming up again so it is becoming more healthy. Ultimately, I think it was the light.

Great update, everything looks great. I have yet to figure out exactly where to place caps. All of mine are in locations that will require constant break .... trimming.

Ya, they are challenging because of their space requirements ya? I stuck mine in the back and it seems to be doing ok with lower light.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot! They are getting better, aren't they? :)

Yes, definitely :)

They are doing much better now. Thanks for asking, Kat. The crocea and maxima are almost extending their mantles normally and the desera is open to it's normal position, but not extending too much. I can see that another shell layer is coming up again so it is becoming more healthy. Ultimately, I think it was the light.

Glad to hear they are continuing to do better, that is good news for sure!

• Like 1