SaltCritters.com

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

BRADYBUNCH7

then you feed that over time??

Where do you get garlic juice lol? :)

Ya, I used the original blend. It is a good food for fish, but I really find it to not have much "stuff" in it, if that makes sense. It seems to really just dirty up the water. I find pieces of mysis, brine, and clam once in awhile, but mostly I just add a piece to my frozen food concoction that I feed.

What I do is that in a cup, I add:

1/2 cup RODI

2 cubes blood worms

2 cubes spirulina brine

2 cubes mysis

2 cubes of H20 life sprinulina/brine/mysis

1 1x1'' piece of Rod's food

1/2 tbs of garlic juice

I let all this sit in the cup in the fridge for a couple hours until it all melts, I mix together, and I then place into the freezer until I want to feed. I just take the cup out, put some tank water in it, swish it around, and then feed using a turkey baster. No straining of the foods.

Ya, It is kinda small but none of my fish are paying attention to it so far so I have high hopes that it will do well in my tank. I'll try to get some pics of it in a few days once it settles in.

then you feed that over time??

Ya, that mix lasts about a week and a half/2 weeks

Where do you get garlic juice lol? :)

Lots of places make it. I use Seachem Garlic Guard.

Seachem-Garlic-Guard-100-ml.jpg

You freeze it as one big "chunk" then thaw the chunk? I do similar, but I use a jar in my fridge for 3-4 days, I think rods it too dirty to feed at once, this way I can mix it up nice, I also add ova and have seen a difference my LPS feeding response.

I got my clamp light in the mail today. It is pretty beefy and well put together. I am pretty happy with it. It is solid and not flimsy. I would recommend that anyone who wants a screw in light for their PAR bulbs should try this fixture from ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300849556930?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

I'll do a shot of it with my PAR bulb from coral compulsion when I get it in the mail on Monday.

You freeze it as one big "chunk" then thaw the chunk? I do similar, but I use a jar in my fridge for 3-4 days, I think rods it too dirty to feed at once, this way I can mix it up nice, I also add ova and have seen a difference my LPS feeding response.

Ya, that's why I like it. I can mix some rods in with the rest of my tank and then feed a little bit at a time. Rod's is really messy and I will probably not buy it again once I am out of my current bag. I have been thinking about trying out nutramar ova.

• Like 1

Ya, that's why I like it. I can mix some rods in with the rest of my tank and then feed a little bit at a time. Rod's is really messy and I will probably not buy it again once I am out of my current bag. I have been thinking about trying out nutramar ova.

So it is a giant chunk you thaw everytime you feed, then refreeze the unused?

Fusion is out but getting a slot is a pain.

Been lazy aswell, just bug fixes etc... And beta opened to all I guess

Ahh, maybe I will do it today. I heard about the open beta. I guess we are not special anymore. :P

So it is a giant chunk you thaw everytime you feed, then refreeze the unused?

Fusion is out but getting a slot is a pain.

I just take the frozen food jar out of the fridge, put some tank water in it to thaw some of the food and squirt it into the tank each time I feed. Works well.

Is there a line to get into the open beta? I had fusion for around a couple months now and I don't know how I lived without it!

No ! How big was it ?

Edit : usgs says 4.4.

Big enough to scare me LOL. It was more the unknown of whether or not it was the "big one". Longest one I've felt so far!
  • Like 2

Big enough to scare me LOL. It was more the unknown of whether or not it was the "big one". Longest one I've felt so fa

That's what she said :P

• Like 3
Big enough to scare me LOL. It was more the unknown of whether or not it was the "big one". Longest one I've felt so far!

LOL needs to be quoted cause the high schooler inside me was crackin up at this!

• Like 3

That's what she said!

How's the new fish, Indy? :)

It's doing well. It is too small to play with the big fishes in the DT, so it is swimming around in the fuge right now. It is eating and seems to be doing well. At only 1.25'', it is pretty small. I plan on keeping it in the fuge until it gets a little bigger and can hold it's own in the DT.

I got my bulb from Coral Compulsion today. I will post a pic soon. First impressions are that the red and blue LEDs make it slightly purple. It is really bright though, well made (solid), and fits perfectly with the gooseneck arm that I ordered on ebay. I think it is a same gooseneck that everyone uses for par30/38 bulbs, so all in all it is a great combo that I would recommend to anyone.

Let me get my camera and a beer and I will take some pics for y'all.

I also have some Dragon's Tongue (or whatever it is called) and some chaeto coming in the mail this week.

Question: should I put sand in the fuge or leave it bb? Right now all that is in it is a little pile of rubble.

• Like 1

Here's a pic of the Coral Compulsion refugium bulb. It has 3 white, 2 red, and 3 royal blue.

photo-3.jpg

Refugium looking empty

photo111.jpg

and a sump shot. The skimmer barely fits.

photo-2-1.jpg

• Like 3

Looks great! I'll need to figure something else out other than that gooseneck. It would be too low for my mangroves. I think I'll definitely pick up one of those bulbs though.

If you aren't planning on any rooting plants, might as well leave it BB.