inTank Media Baskets

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Ah you got the wxm, I love it!

I am trying to program a feed code that sets the vortech into a slow mode during feeding.

Ya, I have been toying with that as well. I'm not sure if it is a bug, but if I say "IF FeedA then SLOW", it turns the pumps off. The profiles were set up before I had fusion and they worked then. I am not sure why they will not work now.

You need to program it in the vortech virtual outlet, basically choose what you want in fusion then in the dashboard add that command after the tdata crap.

You need to program it in the vortech virtual outlet, basically choose what you want in fusion then in the dashboard add that command after the tdata crap.

I saw a thread about it on the apex forums. I'm going to try and fix it this weekend.

CustomAquariumBx

How's the wxm working out? I like fusion and it's control over the radion but I wish I could get it to work with the season table also.

• Like 2

I bet you come back with more than one! Lol

I almost did! There were 3 frags I wanted. In the end , the lady won out and I got 1 :)

How's the wxm working out? I like fusion and it's control over the radion but I wish I could get it to work with the season table also.

I like it. It took a little doing to set up, but no longer need the cord to adjust the setting, so I am happy. I think it also makes my vortechs more useful in being able to change things on each powerhead on a schedule.

I don't use seasons, but I bet they will add more utility to the apex after it launches publicly. I can't use the moonlighting features because the lights keep my lady awake at night :(

• Like 4

They are really nifty. You need them!

I know! It didn't hit me to look for them until we were at the checkout :lol:. They were sooooo busy and I wasn't going to leave and go look for them at that point. I do love that store :).
  • Like 1

How hard is it to retro some T5s? I may want to add 2-4 just to deal with some of the shading on corals around the edges of the radion. Jut considering it...

jedimasterben

On a Radion? It's a bag of knobs without a LOT of custom work, and even then it's gonna still look like a bag of knobs without an enclosure lol

On a Radion? It's a bag of knobs without a LOT of custom work, and even then it's gonna still look like a bag of knobs without an enclosure lol

Lol, I wouldn't think that the 4x24w retrofit kits would be that much work? I don't much care what it looks like either. I care more about the coral.

I was thinking about cutting some metal strips, attaching the sockets to the strips, and then making a cross strip that would just sit on the radion. It wouldn't look good, but it would do what I need it to do.

Just brainstorming. I may not even bother.

• Like 2

Lol, I wouldn't think that the 4x24w retrofit kits would be that much work? I don't much care what it looks like either. I care more about the coral.

I was thinking about cutting some metal strips, attaching the sockets to the strips, and then making a cross strip that would just sit on the radion. It wouldn't look good, but it would do what I need it to do.

Just brainstorming. I may not even bother.

What about a hood to make things easier? 4 pieces of nice wood, cut to size, with simple brackets to sit on the tank. Then you could hide the most hideous of DIY lighting inside. :)

• Like 1

I will see how an LED par38 bulb does to supplement the lighting in the corners of the tank. If that doesn't work, I may see about adding some T5s.

What about a hood to make things easier? 4 pieces of nice wood, cut to size, with simple brackets to sit on the tank. Then you could hide the most hideous of DIY lighting inside. :)

That's an idea. I could make a little box thing to hide it all in.

Hmmmm you gonna sell that mp40?? What's the date yo?

I may sell it. It is just too strong. My acros are growing at a slant because of the flow lol. I think it is 2012 or something like that. I can let you know if you are really interested. The wet side is only about 4 months old. It works flawlessly and is pretty quite.

jedimasterben

What do you mean? I am going to take the mp40 off my tank and put the wp10.

The minimum rating is around 1k GPH with the Ecosmart controller, I just don't know how it is too powerful on the minimum setting :blink:

Seeing your post above, and looking back at pics, it does look like your corals have already grown in one way, and now with more flow they'll grow differently.

I'd still keep it if I were you lol

• Like 2

The minimum rating is around 1k GPH with the Ecosmart controller, I just don't know how it is too powerful on the minimum setting :blink:

Seeing your post above, and looking back at pics, it does look like your corals have already grown in one way, and now with more flow they'll grow differently.

I'd still keep it if I were you lol

1kgph may not seem like a lot, but it is not very dispersed in a tank my size so the movement it is very focused. It blasts certain corals and makes the growth seem awkward. I would think that having more of the wave look would be better for PE in general than blasting them with flow. My red planet doesn't seem to mind the flow, but my pink lemonade is starting to grow wonky because of it.

I only bought the mp40 because I got it for a really good deal with a broken wet side which I replaced.