SaltCritters.com

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Ya, once you figure out fusion and get it set up it makes the email/text setup a breeze. I also find the mobil platform much easier to use on my phone than the app from the old setup. I would check it out. The transition is seamless and painless.

I downloaded it, haven't had much time to look through it, so far I don't see much different other than graphs and the dashboard. No mobile text alerts for Canada cell phone providers but I assume that will come in time, and not a big deal. Were to find the mobile platform? is it an app?

I downloaded it, haven't had much time to look through it, so far I don't see much different other than graphs and the dashboard. No mobile text alerts for Canada cell phone providers but I assume that will come in time, and not a big deal. Were to find the mobile platform? is it an app?

It is in settings pulldown window in the upper right corner and then under notifications. I guess if you have a smart phone it won't matter if you can get text messages or not since you can see your emails. It is easy as just plugging in your email address and hitting ok.

• Like 1

It is in settings pulldown window in the upper right corner and then under notifications. I guess if you have a smart phone it won't matter if you can get text messages or not since you can see your emails. It is easy as just plugging in your email address and hitting ok.

Ya Indy, I see it but there are only 4 USA based providers available. My provider is Rogers from Canada. I guess they will be added in the future and like I said, not a big deal really. I found the APP for mobile phones, by logging into apex fusion.com on my phone and saving the version as an iPhone APP on my phone desk-top. For some reason though I can edit the format and move things around but I can't control anything (turn stuff on and off)? I will keep fiddling, kept my old Apex APP as well. I still don't see any advantages really, just a platform that is a bit small to negotiate on an iPhone, a bit tricky, actually prefer the old one.

Thanks for the help :)

• Like 1

Ya Indy, I see it but there are only 4 USA based providers available. My provider is Rogers from Canada. I guess they will be added in the future and like I said, not a big deal really. I found the APP for mobile phones, by logging into apex fusion.com on my phone and saving the version as an iPhone APP on my phone desk-top. For some reason though I can edit the format and move things around but I can't control anything (turn stuff on and off)? I will keep fiddling, kept my old Apex APP as well. I still don't see any advantages really, just a platform that is a bit small to negotiate on an iPhone, a bit tricky, actually prefer the old one.

Thanks for the help :)

That's weird. You cannot control anything with fusion? Hmm... You are up to date with the current version and everything? I guess if the old app works, no reason to stop using it for now.

• Like 1
frankdontsurf

That website looks so crummy. I was thinking about just ordering one from Hong Kong on Ebay and waiting a week to get it. Not sure.

Haha, have you read what they wrote? Rather how they wrote it.. Either way it's a legit site, legit vendor, shipping is actually pretty quick but not as fast as amazon like @markalot mentioned.

• Like 1

That's weird. You cannot control anything with fusion? Hmm... You are up to date with the current version and everything? I guess if the old app works, no reason to stop using it for now.

It did work on my computer now it won't work on my computer or the iPhone, maybe the system is down or something for maintenance.

You can bet I will never delete the old version on my iPhone, at least until they have fusion running fully. I know this is an open beta test only. I suppose it will be a better system when they iron it all out in the next few months.

• Like 1

I will be leaving for Peru again this summer for 7 weeks. The last time I went to Peru my fiancé had to take the tank down and I lost a lot of very beautiful colonies. I am hoping for a better outcome this time around.

• Like 1
frankdontsurf

I will be leaving for Peru again this summer for 7 weeks. The last time I went to Peru my fiancé had to take the tank down and I lost a lot of very beautiful colonies. I am hoping for a better outcome this time around.

Frag and ship some out! Ive got space! Haha

• Like 2

Losing stuff always sucks, 7 weeks in Peru sounds pretty cool tho... work or pleasure? Hopefully the future Mrs. will be able to handle it and not lose much if anything. If you are worried about it I would consider getting some frags to someone you trust to not only keep them alive but hook you back up if you do lose stuff and need a frag back. Like I said losing stuff always sucks, but losing stuff and not being able to replace it really blows! :(

• Like 1

Losing stuff always sucks, 7 weeks in Peru sounds pretty cool tho... work or pleasure? Hopefully the future Mrs. will be able to handle it and not lose much if anything. If you are worried about it I would consider getting some frags to someone you trust to not only keep them alive but hook you back up if you do lose stuff and need a frag back. Like I said losing stuff always sucks, but losing stuff and not being able to replace it really blows! :(

It's pleasurable work. I will be doing some lab analysis of plant remains from archaeological sites in the valley I work in Peru. I was going to do excavations this summer, but the funding fell through. Oh well.

It's pleasurable work. I will be doing some lab analysis of plant remains from archaeological sites in the valley I work in Peru. I was going to do excavations this summer, but the funding fell through. Oh well.

Sucks about the funding man, but... 7 weeks in a beautiful country doing something you enjoy definitely a win still! :)

• Like 4

Dang... my Ca was sitting at 350 for about a week or so. I think that all the corralline algae growing in my fuge has caused it to plummet. I thought that my corals were growing kind slowly... I am up to 17ml/day for both the Calcium and Alkalinity b-ionic solution. My corals are hungry! NOM NOM NOM.

Sucks about the funding man, but... 7 weeks in a beautiful country doing something you enjoy definitely a win still! :)

Ya, I am not complaining or anything :) I always have a good time on research trips.

• Like 1

Hey ark

When you acclimate YOUR fish and inverts

how do you keep the salinity at 1.026 when your ato would just be fresh water

so it would pretty much bring down the salinity!

So what do you think? Thanks

I don't really use that much tank water to acclimate, probably only about 1/2-1 liter. It doesn't really seem to effect the sg of the tank so I just usually keep the ATO on. It all balances out with the water changes. I float the bag on the side of the tank and add 20ml of water every 10 min or an hour or so. If the sg is the same as the tank, I dump the fish or invert in. I don't set up a drip system or anything, but I probably should.

Turn off ATO, acclimate, then replace with saltwater. Turn ATO back on.

Or this.

• Like 1

this is a really beautiful tank

crazy how much your palys have grown

Ya, I frag them quite frequently or they would take over the tank. Same with the sunset monti. I make 5 frags at a time each month and sell them for more fragging supplies. B)

• Like 2
frankdontsurf

Ya, I frag them quite frequently or they would take over the tank. Same with the sunset monti. I make 5 frags at a time each month and sell them for more fragging supplies. B)

Mystic Sunset Monti? Pic?

Mystic Sunset Monti? Pic?

It's just a regular sunset monti. Here is an older pic of it. It has since grown 3 or more inches and killed off the zoas in the upper left-hand side of the pic and is beating back the meteor shower cyphestrea on the right. <_<

IMG_1879.jpg

• Like 3

What calcium test do you use.

Elos tells me 460

Salifert tells me 440

Red Sea Pro tells me 380

I hate test kits.

I use Salifert.

• Like 1

How do you like alternative reef mag frag station?More shots pls. :D

Oh man, it was a little pricey but I LOVE IT! It is a really strong magnet and gives me a place to put frags. My midas blennie really likes to hide out in it too. I have a couple corals that I have placed on it to grow out. I think it adds a lot of dimension.

Congrats on the Marinedepot Facebook call out

https://www.facebook.com/marinedepotdotcom/posts/10152343417675941:0

Oh cool. Thanks for the heads up. It is weird seeing my tank being linked on MD and IM. Very nice though!

• Like 1