Innovative Marine Aquariums

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Arkayology

If they don't tell you what they are, more than likely they aren't there in the first place. Sucks, but that's the market.

Red Sea Reef Foundation part A contains calcium, strontium, and barium, part B contains bicarbonates, and part C contains magnesium.

I'm just curious how you calculated the Red Sea ppm for 1 gallon when their website goes by 25g.

Ohhhh...I likes secret projects Can't wait to see!

B)

But they're so awesomeeeeeeee.

and expensive. With the wedding coming up in August and only working on a TA salary and living off my student loans for the rest, it have have to wait until this winter. I may have some funds for something else though :huh:

TheKleinReef

and expensive. With the wedding coming up in August and only working on a TA salary and living off my student loans for the rest, it have have to wait until this winter. I may have some funds for something else though :huh:

if i end up selling off the frag tank rather than keeping it, i'll be sure to let you know. (:

• Like 1
Arkayology

if i end up selling off the frag tank rather than keeping it, i'll be sure to let you know. (:

Ya, let me know. Maybe I can sell some plasma or something and get some extra cash for it :D. I like the GHL units. They are cheaper than Vertex and seem to do the same thing with quality components.

TheKleinReef

Ya, let me know. Maybe I can sell some plasma or something and get some extra cash for it :D. I like the GHL units. They are cheaper than Vertex and seem to do the same thing with quality components.

I was gonna try a vertex for the 65 to compare the two but decided against it. If it ain't broke don't fix it, ya know?

I'll be sure to let you know!

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I'm just curious how you calculated the Red Sea ppm for 1 gallon when their website goes by 25g.

Multiply it by 25 and you get what it would do for 1 gallon :)

• Like 2
Reefmaster1996

I told you that Red Sea stuff is concentrated, I just didn't look into the numbers to tell you exactly how concentrated. Thanks Ben for the info on the redsea.

• Like 2
Arkayology

I have increased the dosing by 6ml of both Ca and Alk solutions over the past week. The dkh has gone from 6.8-7 to 7.3 or so, but the Ca is still stuck in the low 300s. I am going to have to tinker with adding more Ca solution now and see where that gets me.

It is great to see some increased growth coming with all this added dosing though.

• Like 4
Arkayology

May have something for you this week on the secret project ;)

-Dave

Any update on the secret project? I can't wait! :)

Multiply it by 25 and you get what it would do for 1 gallon :)

I think you meant divide. If their site gives numbers for 25g and you want 1 g..... yeah ;)

Maths r hard.

Especially when your doing it wrong LOL

Sorry just had to give Ben some shit cuz he is like always spot on, and knows his shit :)

jedimasterben

I think you meant divide. If their site gives numbers for 25g and you want 1 g..... yeah ;)

Especially when your doing it wrong LOL

Sorry just had to give Ben some shit cuz he is like always spot on, and knows his shit :)

And it's people like you that keep me honest lol :)

Also, like arky said, maths r hard. Now solve for r, Chris :)

Arkayology

I still don't get how he got 52ppm for 1ml in 1g of water... LOL

I doubt that, I've seen quite a few posts from you, always seem legit and honest..... You were just ass backwards this time no biggy ;)

r= y-4/6.75x+2(tb+4g)

Somethings are just better left unknown lol

• Like 1
Arkayology

I doubt that, I've seen quite a few posts from you, always seem legit and honest..... You were just ass backwards this time no biggy ;)

r= y-4/6.75x+2(tb+4g)

Somethings are just better left unknown lol

Math is not my strong point lol. I use statistical programs for my research where I just need to know what data is ok to put into which boxes. The programs do all the calculations for me and I just have to interpret the output. Mostly this is just multivariate and exploratory statistics. Not very hard stuff.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

1mL of the additive will raise calcium of 100L (25g) seawater by 2ppm - so to compare to B-ionic, which uses increments of 1 gallon, you divide - NO WAIT YOU STILL MULTIPLY, F YOU CHRIS!! :lol:

Anyway, since you are trying to figure out what 1mL of solution would do to 1g of water instead of 25g, your reading would be 25 times higher, since there is 25 times less water.

Lol, it's just an expression. At least, I think it is, maybe I heard that wrong, too :lol:

r= y-4/6.75x+2(tb+4g)

sunglasses2.gif

• Like 1

1mL of the additive will raise calcium of 100L (25g) seawater by 2ppm - so to compare to B-ionic, which uses increments of 1 gallon, you divide - NO WAIT YOU STILL MULTIPLY, F YOU CHRIS!! :lol:

Thats different then what I read and thought I corrected or maybe not I dunno I just wanted to give you shit.... you do divide 25g by 25 to find what is in 1g tho ;)

sunglasses2.gif

:)

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Thats different then what I read and thought I corrected or maybe not I dunno I just wanted to give you shit.... you do divide 25g by 25 to find what is in 1g tho ;)

Well, in this case, we know what 1mL of solution does to 25g of water (which is raise it 2ppm), and we want to know what 1mL of solution does to 1g of water - so the reading would 25 times higher as we have 25 times less volume that we are adding the same amount of solution to :)

iuno.gif

• Like 1
Arkayology

:)

Ya, you do divide it but that tells you what the concentration is per gallon for the 25 gallons, not how much 1ml will raise the Ca by for just 1g.

Well, in this case, we know what 1mL of solution does to 25g of water (which is raise it 2ppm), and we want to know what 1mL of solution does to 1g of water - so the reading would 25 times higher as we have 25 times less volume that we are adding the same amount of solution to :)

iuno.gif

So wouldn't it be 50 then?

• Like 1
jedimasterben

So wouldn't it be 50 then?

Technically, 100L of water (which is what their actual calculations are for) is 26.4172 gallons, so it would be closer to 52-53ppm, but 25g is a much rounder number and they used that instead :)

• Like 1
Arkayology

Technically, 100L of water (which is what their actual calculations are for) is 26.4172 gallons, so it would be closer to 52-53ppm, but 25g is a much rounder number and they used that instead :)

See, I didn't bother doing the conversion. I was going by 25g and trying to figure out how in the #$%& you got 52 lol. I thought I was supposed to do it that way from the beginning lol.

So, 1ml raises 26.4g by 2ppm, so do figure out what it raises 1g by you would multiply 26.4 x 2, right?

jedimasterben

See, I didn't bother doing the conversion. I was going by 25g and trying to figure out how in the #$%& you got 52 lol. I thought I was supposed to do it that way from the beginning lol.

So, 1ml raises 26.4g by 2ppm, so do figure out what it raises 1g by you would multiply 26.4 x 2, right?

Right :)