Top Shelf Aquatics

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

jedimasterben

The Bubble Magus main unit is on sale for $270 most places - an 8-relay expansion for your Apex is $160. I would just buy another relay box.

• Like 1
SouthFlorida_Tron

Ark, for cost and actual purpose, it does what it's supposed to. Why spend $400 when the one for $250 is fine.

I programmed mine day 1 and have only adjusted it to up dosage. I just tell it when to dose each pump, how often per day in intervals, and how much in ml.

Works good enough for me!

I don't psycho analyze a simple doser so I won't say anything negative, I don't need it to be super fancy, just effective.

• Like 2
Arkayology

The Bubble Magus main unit is on sale for $270 most places - an 8-relay expansion for your Apex is $160. I would just buy another relay box.

But then I need to buy better pumps to keep up. More $$. Either way I need better pumps. I think the BRS ones are dying.

Ark, for cost and actual purpose, it does what it's supposed to. Why spend $400 when the one for $250 is fine.

I programmed mine day 1 and have only adjusted it to up dosage. I just tell it when to dose each pump, how often per day in intervals, and how much in ml.

Works good enough for me!

I don't psycho analyze a simple doser so I won't say anything negative, I don't need it to be super fancy, just effective.

True.

Arkayology

I secretly had a spare 1.1ml/min that I bought on sale for $50 on Black Friday from BRS. I was going to use it for Mg, but I didn't end up using it. I just replaced the old Alk pump that was slowing down for the new one. The Cal pump seems to be doing OK still.

I will put off buying a new pump until later.

• Like 4
Arkayology

It looks like I need to trim a few SPS in my system. I have already made a frag of my red dragon acro. I need to get in the tank and trim the joe the coral (growing into the pearlberry) and Miyagi tort (also growing into the pearlberry). I'm also going to have to move my hawkins echinata because the red planet is about to make contact. My setosa is also about to hit my red dragon.

Anyone want a frag pack of sunset monti, red dragon, joe the coral, setosa, and miyagi tort?

• Like 5
It looks like I need to trim a few SPS in my system. I have already made a frag of my red dragon acro. I need to get in the tank and trim the joe the coral (growing into my pearlberry) and my tort (also growing into my pearlberry). I'm also going to have to move my hawkins echinata because the red planet is about to make contact. My setosa is also about to hit my red dragon.

Anyone want a frag pack of sunset monti, red dragon, joe the coral, setosa, and tort?

You know it!

Arkayology

i asked for a frag pack a while ago (: but...

i'd jump on it if i was confident enough. i'm gonna see how the acro do in my tank. i'll catch the next frag pack.

I'll post in here with another. I may not even have time to sell this one before I leave for Peru in 4 weeks. You may be able to get it in August when I get back!

Very true with my move coming soon I dunno

Decisions, decisions...

frankdontsurf

But which one?

Drews DIY dosers arent the cheapest but doing it yourself guarantees quality dosers at a fair price

It looks like I need to trim a few SPS in my system. I have already made a frag of my red dragon acro. I need to get in the tank and trim the joe the coral (growing into the pearlberry) and Miyagi tort (also growing into the pearlberry). I'm also going to have to move my hawkins echinata because the red planet is about to make contact. My setosa is also about to hit my red dragon.

Anyone want a frag pack of sunset monti, red dragon, joe the coral, setosa, and miyagi tort?

I'm waiting for the pack with edgars acro. I did notice you seem to be trimming everything else around it though.....

• Like 1

Only thing I don't have on that list is the red dragon, and miyagi tort. Would love me some red dragon though!

Arkayology

I'm waiting for the pack with edgars acro. I did notice you seem to be trimming everything else around it though.....

I can make a frag of the Edgar's acro if you want :)

Only thing I don't have on that list is the red dragon, and miyagi tort. Would love me some red dragon though!

Maybe we can work it out.

• Like 1
Arkayology

And then this happened... THE PLAGUE! They just showed up out of nowhere. I have never had blue clove polyps before. I'm thinking I may cut them off before they spread.

photo-2-2.jpg

• Like 5

Indy, I suggest covering them well epoxy or superglue. Cutting them will only leave some behind on the rock to eventually start up again, may also spread them.

• Like 1
Arkayology

Indy, I suggest covering them well epoxy or superglue. Cutting them will only leave some behind on the rock to eventually start up again, may also spread them.

I was thinking of just cutting the whole piece of rock off. It may be easier to epoxy them as you suggested.

• Like 2

I was thinking of just cutting the whole piece of rock off. It may be easier to epoxy them as you suggested.

Or you could do that :)

• Like 2
Paleoreef103

And then this happened... THE PLAGUE! They just showed up out of nowhere. I have never had blue clove polyps before. I'm thinking I may cut them off before they spread.

Why must the they be so invasive? I'd love a single stalk of Xenia or a zoa patch sized piece of those blue cloves if they didn't take over tanks in 6 months. Get them out of there! Still, some days I think about making the ultimate KISS tank with Blue Cloves, GSP, Xenia, and Kenya Colt softies and am tempted by the ease of it. Hmmm....

P.s. I've heard from more than one person that the BM T01 dosing unit uses some pretty low quality pumps and that they had to replace the heads on them to keep them running. Also that the different channels did not pump at the same rate. I don't know if that issue is one that has cleared up, but it's something to keep in mind when thinking about a new doser (I know you just swapped out a spare BRS doser, but I figured I'd give you the heads up)

• Like 1
Arkayology

Why must the they be so invasive? I'd love a single stalk of Xenia or a zoa patch sized piece of those blue cloves if they didn't take over tanks in 6 months. Get them out of there! Still, some days I think about making the ultimate KISS tank with Blue Cloves, GSP, Xenia, and Kenya Colt softies and am tempted by the ease of it. Hmmm....

P.s. I've heard from more than one person that the BM T01 dosing unit uses some pretty low quality pumps and that they had to replace the heads on them to keep them running. Also that the different channels did not pump at the same rate. I don't know if that issue is one that has cleared up, but it's something to keep in mind when thinking about a new doser (I know you just swapped out a spare BRS doser, but I figured I'd give you the heads up)

Thanks for the heads up. I heard from a local friend that they just got rid of their BM doser because the dosing heads were not sitting on the pump well and replacing them did nothing. They were also having issues with inconsistent dosing amounts between the pumps. I think I will wait awhile and just use the BRS ones until something else comes along. Besides, who has money to spend on new dosing pumps? I may just wait until I get to 50ml of each 2 part solution and get a Ca reactor. Who knows?

• Like 2