inTank Media Baskets

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Mr. Microscope

Ya, I am leaving for a 7 week research trip to Peru on Friday. The reef is in the care of my wife-to-be.

That's my Joe the Coral. It is almost true to life color. The tips are not that quite that vivid purple IRL, but the violet LEDs bring it out a lot in pics.

Cool! Good luck on your journey!

That's a Joe?!!! I've never seen that kind of color from that one. Well done Ark!

I got my MH pendent in the mail today. I also got a lumatek select-a-watt ballast used from a LFS for a steal. However, when I tried to connect the ballast to the mogul socket, this happened...

MH socket plug-

lumenbright_plug.jpg

lumatek ballast plug-

lumatek_plug.jpg

I'm slightly annoyed about this. I don't want to have the socket wiring spliced to accommodate a new plug style. I don't like the idea of spliced wires.

• Like 3
jedimasterben

I'm slightly annoyed about this. I don't want to have the socket wiring spliced to accommodate a new plug style. I don't like the idea of spliced wires.

You'd hate to see any of my builds (or basically any LED array lol)

• Like 2

Ya, I am leaving for a 7 week research trip to Peru on Friday. The reef is in the care of my wife-to-be.

Safe travels and happy researching. Loved those last photos. She's going to do a great job :).
  • Like 2

It always makes me nervous having someone else take care one of my tanks while I'm out of town! Safe travels!

It would make me nervous, but the tank takes care of itself nowadays.
  • Like 2

Your tank looks fantastic

Thanks man!

You got a keeper!

She is a keeper. :)

Holy molly awesome tank shots. It looks so awesome

Thanks!
  • Like 1

My clowns are getting ready to lay for the first time. Very exciting.

Hopefully before you leave :). I've still not seen eggs out of mine. May just be missing them or they aren't quite to that point yet in their relationship :lol:.
  • Like 1

Good luck and have a safe trip!

Last photo update for awhile

IMG_2721.jpg
IMG_2725.jpg
IMG_2727.jpg
IMG_2726.jpg
IMG_2728.jpg
IMG_2724.jpg
IMG_2723.jpg
IMG_2722.jpg
IMG_2729.jpg
IMG_2735.jpg
IMG_2734.jpg
Here is my DIY skimmate reservoir, complete with float switch to prevent overflow:
IMG_2737.jpg
IMG_2738.jpg

... and page quote

• Like 2

How can you tell?

Cleaning rocks, male is twitching a lot, and female is bloated and has the egg tube coming out.

Hopefully before you leave :). I've still not seen eggs out of mine. May just be missing them or they aren't quite to that point yet in their relationship :lol:.

I've had mine for about 18 months and it has taken this long for them to get busy.

Good luck and have a safe trip!

... and page quote

Thanks Mark! Keep your tank thread updated. I'll be on NR a little while I'm down there.

• Like 2
Mr. Microscope

Cleaning rocks, make is twitching a lot, and female is bloated and has the egg tube coming out.

Ah, mine have been doing that the whole time I've had them (aside from the female looking bloated/egg tube thing) which is why I was wondering. Congrats! I hope you witness it before you have to go.

BTW, I think I speak for everyone on N-R when I say we'd love to see pics of your trip when you get back. ;)

• Like 5

and we have eggs! Not a bad size clutch for a first time.

photo-8.jpg

Ah, mine have been doing that the whole time I've had them (aside from the female looking bloated/egg tube thing) which is why I was wondering. Congrats! I hope you witness it before you have to go.

BTW, I think I speak for everyone on N-R when I say we'd love to see pics of your trip when you get back. ;)

Thanks man! I figured people would be bored by my research and whatnot. I can post pics of where I am and the stuff I am doing if y'all want. :)

As usual, you have one amazing SPS collection

And GL with your paper @ Peru.

Thanks man!

• Like 5
Reefmaster1996

That would be cool, give the wife to be the password to your account in case she stumbles with the tank and can't get in contact with you.

Mr. Microscope

and we have eggs! Not a bad size clutch for a first time.

Wow! Congrats on your first clutch. They should do it all the time now.

Thanks man! I figured people would be bored by my research and whatnot. I can post pics of where I am and the stuff I am doing if y'all want. :)

Seriously, I think there's a lot of scientists on here. In addition to myself, I know Felicia and Mr Pants do research. Are you planning to assist with a dig in Peru(do you really call it that, or am I in movie land?)?

Seriously, I think there's a lot of scientists on here. In addition to myself, I know Felicia and Mr Pants do research. Are you planning to assist with a dig in Peru(do you really call it that, or am I in movie land?)?

We do refer to our work as a "dig", but will also just generally refer to "going to the field" or "excavations". I didn't know there were other non-reef nerds around lol. :D

You would like the microscope I got for the field this summer. It is a dinolite USB scope. It isn't that powerful, such as the super close pics or SEM images you've posted, but it is nice to have as a portable version of my nicer lab scope. It's great as a simple field scope.

• Like 1