Top Shelf Aquatics

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Good luck buddy! When you get back I want an sps pack! Set up a webcam to use with fusion so you can check on the tank often! The new updates are getting better and better!

Arkayology

Man that's awesome! Good luck

Thanks man!

Good luck buddy! When you get back I want an sps pack! Set up a webcam to use with fusion so you can check on the tank often! The new updates are getting better and better!

Thanks dude. I will get you a frag pack for sure in August. I have thought about setting up a webcam. I just don't know how I would do it. I never have looked into it.

• Like 1
CatfishSoupFTW

very nice tank. initially looking at it, I thought you had so much space! then , everything grew and bam. nicely stocked.

Arkayology

very nice tank. initially looking at it, I thought you had so much space! then , everything grew and bam. nicely stocked.

Thanks man. Ya, I tried to space things to account for growth but that plan hasn't been working too well as of late. I just had to move my Hawkins colony over because my red planet grew into it and stung a branch. I guess in a fight, red planet wins.

Do the webcam,so you can check ont hat thing, it's too nice to risk loosing over the next couple of weeks.

I will look into it. It would be nice to check in on the tank while I am in Peru.

Arkayology

I have been neglecting my, and everyone else's, threads. Sorry people. I have just been busy today. It doesn't mean I don't like you any less!

Good luck Indy. :)

Thanks man! I am (almost) sure it will go OK. LOL

• Like 1
picoreef78

I was looking through your thread again and saw you banished your phosban reactor.

I am having trouble with a broad leaved algae and was thinking of getting one.

My measured NO3 is 0 and PO4 is 0.08. Tossed around getting biopellet reactor vs phosban reactor, as my phosphates seem to be off.

How was your experience with it?

Arkayology

I was looking through your thread again and saw you banished your phosban reactor.

I am having trouble with a broad leaved algae and was thinking of getting one.

My measured NO3 is 0 and PO4 is 0.08. Tossed around getting biopellet reactor vs phosban reactor, as my phosphates seem to be off.

How was your experience with it?

I still have my TLF phosban reactor plumbed into my return, but I have it closed off as I don't really feel like I need it right now. I would recommend getting one. They work pretty well for the money. Just make sure you start off slow with the GFO. A quick drop in phosphates can be bad.

Just catching up on your build and read a few pages, I noticed that you have a joe the coral. I just picked up a tiny frag of this from a local reefer, im curious what yours looks like. Would you mind posting a pic? I thought it looked similar to a cali tort.

Here is my joe the coral frag. Seems to be doing well so far. Crappy cell pic

20140524_154051_zpsclyv1iuh.jpg

Has very similar colors to this

Screenshot_2014-05-25-08-40-39_zpshaahd3

Arkayology

Just catching up on your build and read a few pages, I noticed that you have a joe the coral. I just picked up a tiny frag of this from a local reefer, im curious what yours looks like. Would you mind posting a pic? I thought it looked similar to a cali tort.

Here is my joe the coral frag. Seems to be doing well so far. Crappy cell pic

20140524_154051_zpsclyv1iuh.jpg

Has very similar colors to this

Screenshot_2014-05-25-08-40-39_zpshaahd3

Here is a bad pic of mine. Under the Radion, it gets a really light green at the base of the branches, blue on the rest of the branch, green polyps. It's hard to tell from yours.

IMG_2623.jpg

• Like 2
Arkayology

Have you sold your MP40 yet?

Yup

Thanks. Very nice, yours has some crazy pe.

Yup! It is always has looked shaggy. It's a very happy acro.

Yeah he sold his.

What he said

picoreef78

I was taking a look at your sump picture, did you use the return pump to pump water the the reactor then back into the tank?

Arkayology

I advanced to PhD candidacy today! Huzzah!

I was taking a look at your sump picture, did you use the return pump to pump water the the reactor then back into the tank?

Yes. I have a mag7 that pushed water back up through plastic tubing and back it no the tank.

• Like 7
Arkayology

My mag7 return pump is rattling a bit. I am not sure if it needs to be replaced, but I may take the opportunity to take it offline and get a quitter pump to take it's place. What should I get? I have read good things about eheim pumps. Whatever I get, I want it to have a 3/4'' outlet so I can easily hook it up to my return line.

I need to also be able to get it soon because I leave for Peru in a week.