SaltCritters.com

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Did your palmer's mili color back up? What kind of par is it getting? This is the only coral I cannot get to color up! Even my blue torts are blue.

It is definitely a nice blue now and is well encrusted onto the plug now. Still no new branches, but I can see the tips of some forming maybe. It is probably getting a lot of light, maybe around 450-500 PAR I would guess, and strong indirect flow from the wp25. It seems to love life.

Maybe it just needs some more time if your torts are coloring up. I don't know about others experiences, but millis have always been one of the hardest SPS for me to keep in the past. I am glad the two I have are doing well.

Well mine is getting about half that par so I guess it just needs to be moved to more light/more flow. It has encrusted and the new growth is blue but it fades to brown.

I just added a Palmers Mille over the weekend its a small frag but I am interested to see how it colours up.

• Like 2

I just added a Palmers Mille over the weekend its a small frag but I am interested to see how it colours up.

Ya, I saw the pic of yours. It looks nice.

• Like 1

I've wanted a Palmer's for a while now. Although I'm not sure where I could put it. :huh:

Sounds like you need to get rid of some zoas! :P

• Like 2

I'm up to 65% max intensity for 5 hours of the day @ 20k and 14k. In the past 3 weeks I have had to up my daily dosing by 3.3ml just to keep up at 8.0 dkh and 400 Ca. I think I am dosing 22ml of b-ionic Alk and Ca daily now.

In other news, I love the Jebao wp25! This thing is the wave maker my vortech could never have been. I do not miss the mp40 in the slightest. So much more PE.

• Like 2
jedimasterben

In other news, I love the Jebao wp25! This thing is the wave maker my Tunze 6095 could never have been. I do not miss the mp40 in the slightest. So much more PE.

fixed that for you :)

• Like 3

Can you log onto the local utilities site, maybe they post information regarding power outages and cause, and expected time it will be restored. I do this every time the power goes out, usually gives me an idea what I am in for.

I called in to the electric company. They said it should be fixed by or before tomorrow 5pm... Are you kidding me??? I really am kicking myself for not having a backup battery powered air pump. Temp is stable at 78. Good thing it was hot today.

I took some water out of the DT, poured it back and forth between some buckets, and dropped it back in a few times. The power is back on but I have a battery op air pump coming from Amazon. I won't be caught with my pants down again. The tank seems fine, just a little mad I guess. The temp only dropped to 76.6.

• Like 3

That's scary! I'm terrified of that happening every hurricane season here lol. I've even thought about getting the tank insured if they even do that. I think they even have battery powered generators for small devices which could work in an emergency. Also I want the battery pack for my MP10.

• Like 2

That's scary! I'm terrified of that happening every hurricane season here lol. I've even thought about getting the tank insured if they even do that. I think they even have battery powered generators for small devices which could work in an emergency. Also I want the battery pack for my MP10.

If celebrities can insure their voice or their hands, I am sure you can get fish tank insurance!

• Like 1

My husband's former roommate busted his 10 gallon reef tank with a samurai sword. I almost want an acrylic tank with two young ones running around lol.

I'm up to 65% max intensity for 5 hours of the day @ 20k and 14k. In the past 3 weeks I have had to up my daily dosing by 3.3ml just to keep up at 8.0 dkh and 400 Ca. I think I am dosing 22ml of b-ionic Alk and Ca daily now.

In other news, I love the Jebao wp25! This thing is the wave maker my vortech could never have been. I do not miss the mp40 in the slightest. So much more PE.

So liking the jebao? I bought one at rap and like it so far! I was able to hide the cable pretty good! Doesn't bother me at all and so much more quite. I think I'm going to buy another! I have 1 wp25 and 1 mp10 right now. I think the flow will be perfect with another wp25 on w1. Just wish I would have bought the combo with the dual controller

• Like 1

My husband's former roommate busted his 10 gallon reef tank with a samurai sword. I almost want an acrylic tank with two young ones running around lol.

tumblr_n2p43jCmkA1reuq1zo1_250.gif

So liking the jebao? I bought one at rap and like it so far! I was able to hide the cable pretty good! Doesn't bother me at all and so much more quite. I think I'm going to buy another! I have 1 wp25 and 1 mp10 right now. I think the flow will be perfect with another wp25 on w1. Just wish I would have bought the combo with the dual controller

I really like the Jebao. I am able to get waves and flow patterns that I never could with the Vortech.

• Like 2

Those battery powered pumps are loud, but they work!

My el cheapo Chinese dosing pump started leaking on my 46, tripped the GFI a day after we got back from vacation (whew). Battery pump humming away, and so loud I don't even need an alarm to tell me something is wrong! :D

• Like 3

tumblr_n2p43jCmkA1reuq1zo1_250.gif

I really like the Jebao. I am able to get waves and flow patterns that I never could with the Vortech.

Is that gif for the samurai sword incident or me wanting an acrylic tank? lol.

Is that gif for the samurai sword incident or me wanting an acrylic tank? lol.

Both! :D

Those battery powered pumps are loud, but they work!

My el cheapo Chinese dosing pump started leaking on my 46, tripped the GFI a day after we got back from vacation (whew). Battery pump humming away, and so loud I don't even need an alarm to tell me something is wrong! :D

Hah, did you check the box to make sure it didn't say "really loud for your convenience"? :D

• Like 1