SaltCritters.com

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

That aint a bad gig, plus looks like you've got enough sunset to spare

Yeah.. I end up having to kill a lot of it every few months to keep it away from the acros. Nothing stops this thing.

Why not just epoxy some live rock rubble onto it, let it encrust a little and break it off at the edges where you don't want growth to continue, you'd get free frags to sell as well as being able to control it's growth shape pretty well

• Like 1

I have added some height to my skimmer stand and it has helped a lot. My skimmer seems to be close to running normally again in about 5.75''-ish water level. I guess I put it in a little too low in the sump the last time I cleaned it. I'm glad because I didn't want to have to buy a new skimmer for this tank until the pump on this one dies.

What did you use to raise the height?

• Like 1

What did you use to raise the height?

I made a stand out of the "light diffuser" from HD. This isn't mine (I don't have a pic of it right now) but this is the basic idea. Just make a box out of the light diffuser. It's easier than just stacking them.

skimmerstand001.jpg

Why not just epoxy some live rock rubble onto it, let it encrust a little and break it off at the edges where you don't want growth to continue, you'd get free frags to sell as well as being able to control it's growth shape pretty well

Yeah, that's an idea. I might do that.

Yeah it's pretty much the only way I can control zoanthid growth when you put them next to SPS. KZ Speedglue fits the bill quite nicely actually, just make little half inch pebbles and push them around the rims of whatever you don't want to spread, it's slightly unattractive for a week or so, though

• Like 1

down in Atlanta

I wonder if it would survive 2-day priority shipping. Overnight is expensive and I only have frags of sunset, joe the coral, pink pocci, and green birdsnest available right now. Not much selection to justify overnight.

Maybe I should get a frag pack together for someone with a few of my nicer pieces once they are ready to frag. The pearlberry should be ready soon. I also have red planet, tricolor acro, and the soon to be infamous "arkropora" ready to frag.

Sunset would die in 2 days IMO, hell it browned out and looked half dead when I carried it across the room to another tank. Of all the montis I transferred from one tank to another it suffered the most.

• Like 1

Sunset would die in 2 days IMO, hell it browned out and looked half dead when I carried it across the room to another tank. Of all the montis I transferred from one tank to another it suffered the most.

I don't know... I have a very resilient strain. I bet it could take it.

Who wants to be a guinea pig? I will 2-day ship you some sunset monti and all you have to do is pay the $5.95 for shipping. I want to see if it can survive shipping in 2 days. It would be a lot easier for me to infect, I mean provide you all with the sunset monti if I could ship it cheap.

• Like 1

I'll take it Matt!

I should have just thrown it into the box that I dropped off at the post office today. :( OK man, I'll frag a piece for you, let it heal, and let you know when it is ready to go. I worry that the cold weather up your way will not be good for it though.

Tank's looking great! How many fish do you have in there? I'm trying to figure out what my last few fish will be on my 35.

I have 7 fish: 2 percs, 1 midas blennie, 1 solon fairy wrasse, 1 coris wrasse, 1 kole tang, and 1 yasha gobie.

• Like 1

I forget you have a yasha in there!

So do I sometimes. It only comes out when I feed. Otherwise I never see it. I think that it doesn't like the big fish swimming around.