inTank Media Baskets

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Does anyone need a Sicce Syncra 3.0? I can't use it because it won't fit my return line :(

Didn't u just buy it in the Black Friday sale?? Thats a shame. Pm me what u want for it. Might pick it up as a back up

• Like 1

Didn't u just buy it in the Black Friday sale?? Thats a shame. Pm me what u want for it. Might pick it up as a back up

Yeah, got it for a Black Friday last week. It's a shame because it was such a good price.

Why wont it fit, you can adapt it.

I guess I could get a 3/4'' to 1/2'' reducer.

edit: 3/4'' to 1/2'' barbed reducer ordered. Now I need to get a new 1/2'' threaded union and some 1/2'' barbed tees. I will not make the mistake of not having a union for my return pump again.

Question: will reducing the pump from 3/4'' to 1/2'' tubing put strain on the pump in some way? I would think not since the pump can be throttled back some but I am curious.

• Like 1

I received my AquaMaxx ConeS C-01 from MarineDepot today and installed it! It took about 45min to get it to a point where I think it will be OK to break in. I have it sitting in about 9''-ish of water and that seems to work well for now. I had it at 8 and the thing was not having any of it. There was a little bit of a learning curve with figuring out exactly how the skimmer worked. I had a little trouble with the adjustment valve because it wasn't doing anything. I figured it out on my own, but I have to say the instructions are a little less than helpful. It is very different from the SRO 1000 INT

Initial observations:

This thing looks great! It is very quite and easy to install and tweak the water level in the skimmer. Time will tell how well it works. I still need to hook up the drain line.

IMG_3297.jpg

IMG_3298.jpg

• Like 7

Sweet looking skimmer man hopefully it works as good as it looks!

I hope so too! So far it runs quite and was not too bad to install. The footprint is the main reason I got a new skimmer. I needed a smaller footprint skimmer for this tank. I brought the SRO 1000 INT over from the 60g cube build. I really liked the SRO 1000 INT in my 60g cube. It skimmed really well once it was dialed in. In this smaller tank I have a different sump than I had before and I tried for the better part of a year to get it to skim properly. I think the biggest issue is that I could not get the skimmer pump to sit flat on the skimmer stand because of the size of the skimmer compartment in my tank and the length of the pump. It wouldn't fit lengthwise so I had to run the pump at an angle. I think this effected performance.

Glad you found a way to make the return pump work as well, sounds like today was a good day :)

I hope the reducer I ordered will solve the issues I was having. More on that later. If this sicce pump works out my system will become dead silent though.

• Like 1

Nice skimmer, I was looking at the co2 skimmer but got an amazing deal on the aqua euro but if it craps out on me the co2 model will be on order.

Did it come in a billion pieces? How was putting it all together?

• Like 1

So you changed your lights and your skimmer and your return pump.

Just upgrade already. :P

Hah, well the light was frivolous, but the return pump and skimmer was necessary. No new purchases for awhile because I'm broke :D

Nice skimmer, I was looking at the co2 skimmer but got an amazing deal on the aqua euro but if it craps out on me the co2 model will be on order.

Did it come in a billion pieces? How was putting it all together?

It took me about 5 min to put it together. It comes pretty much preassembled. You just need to hook up the pump to the skimmer which involves taking off the cone and bubble plate. Only 4 screws involved with that.

I'm not really sure what you are asking. If you are asking how you set up your leak detectors, you need to go to the old apex page, go to probe/imput setup, and I just set mine as Swx3_1 and Swx3_2. I renamed as Leak1 and Leak2. Is that what you were asking?

Soooo what outlets do you put your ALD statements on?

Meaning you can put this statement ( If Swx??_1 CLOSED Then OFF ) in the advanced programing on say your return pump,skimmer,reactor,ato

Yeah. it's easier to rename them and put "If Leak1 CLOSED Then OFF" but yeah that is the idea.

I'm not really sure what you are asking. If you are asking how you set up your leak detectors, you need to go to the old apex page, go to probe/imput setup, and I just set mine as Swx3_1 and Swx3_2. I renamed as Leak1 and Leak2. Is that what you were asking?

Do you not need a new modular other than the leak sensor? AKA the sensor can just plug into the base unit?

• Like 1

Do you not need a new modular other than the leak sensor? AKA the sensor can just plug into the base unit?

There is a module required for the sensors to plug into.

• Like 1

You need the ALD module to use the sensors unfortunately.

So no DOS? Really was looking forward to seeing what it could do.

Yeah... me too. We will have to see. I will probably end up getting one when my preorder is ready... but nothing after that!!! :D

• Like 1

My Alk uptake has increased by 1dkh/day and Ca has increased by 80ppm/day since setting up the light. I am noticing some growth on a lot of acros.

• Like 4

My Alk uptake has increased by 1dkh/day and Ca has increased by 80ppm/day since setting up the light. I am noticing some growth on a lot of acros.

That's insane. Wow.

• Like 1

Still waiting for one to explode. Ca and CO3. Strontium down again for what ever that means.

I have been having the problem of 1/2 of the corals looking nice and the other half (away from the light) not so much. Did you have this issue with the Radion? Did this prompt the switch to the T5 array?

post-64561-0-31025100-1418137334_thumb.jpg

post-64561-0-21171500-1418137335_thumb.jpg

post-64561-0-28444600-1418137337_thumb.jpg

post-64561-0-07705600-1418137338_thumb.jpg