inTank Media Baskets

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Tank is looking great. I always get a bit jealous of people in the States and all the access to frags you have. Tends to be a bit more sparse North of the border.

• Like 1

Tank is looking great. I always get a bit jealous of people in the States and all the access to frags you have. Tends to be a bit more sparse North of the border.

You've got RR Canada pieces! They have some of the best frags Ive ever seen.

Awesome choice on the light! I had the same fixture on my SPS tank and I wish I never went to the chinese leds!

So go back! You can still order @ 16% off tonight!

• Like 1

do you have the website??

I don't think they have a website. They are a wholesale (maybe?) that sells their frags to stores. You should ask around on the Canadian sites to get more info. I just know I see some crazy awesome frags from RR Canada.

I don't think they have a website. They are a wholesale (maybe?) that sells their frags to stores. You should ask around on the Canadian sites to get more info. I just know I see some crazy awesome frags from RR Canada.

Awesome thanks for the tip, I will look into it.

• Like 1
jedimasterben

These T5s seem to grow dusty glass algae better than my Radion.

Well, you've got more light spread so it's hitting the glass at a much higher intensity ;)

• Like 1
You've got RR Canada pieces! They have some of the best frags Ive ever seen.

So go back! You can still order @ 16% off tonight!

I was just given an aurora puck from rapid led and I'm using it on a tank that I think will mostly be chalices...It's the light suppose to be equal to a radion.

The next Stick tank I have planned will have another ATI fixture for sure but also some leds for the shimmer! I think it's reef Brite that has a great add on for leds to a sunpower.

But leds are coming a long way so who knows but I bet you are going to see a lot faster growth!

• Like 1

Well, you've got more light spread so it's hitting the glass at a much higher intensity ;)

Enough with your light physics, wizard!

So far no regrets on the t5 move?

So far, none. I thought I would miss the shimmer from the LEDs. After switching and reminding myself what a non-LED tank looks like I find that I don't miss it. I actually get a slight shimmer from the wave created in my tank anyways. All of my corals seem to be taking the change very well too.

• Like 4

my initial switch was rough. Even with my lights 20" off the water it was still too much light. But, I'm hoping with the new combo I can get my lights lower now. I feel like Everyone has their t5's 8-10" from the water and mine are still at like 15". :D

• Like 1

Bah, nevermind. The footprint of the CO-2 is the same as my SRO skimmer.

:( The CO-1 has a smaller footprint than my SRO right now. I am looking forward to that. I could never get the SRO dialed in right, but I think it was a combo of water level, space and not having enough waste for the skimmer. It never liked my new sump for some reason.

• Like 1

:( The CO-1 has a smaller footprint than my SRO right now. I am looking forward to that. I could never get the SRO dialed in right, but I think it was a combo of water level, space and not having enough waste for the skimmer. It never liked my new sump for some reason.

Yea, I had to raise mine on a stand and then add another makeshift stand of egg crate under that to raise it high enough to be stable. Mine is rated for 150 gallon heavy load, so it should be sized right, but I would love to have the same quality skimmer in a smaller footprint so I could move it to my first chamber.

I really want to see what PAR is like in my tank.

I was expecting more PAR from the fixture honestly. All of my SPS are getting between 250-400 PAR though so that is OK.

You should see if there is a local club or something that has one you can use.

• Like 2

I was expecting more PAR from the fixture honestly. All of my SPS are getting between 250-400 PAR though so that is OK.

You should see if there is a local club or something that has one you can use.

You running all all blue+ and coral+ now?

You running all all blue+ and coral+ now?

Still running an actinic. But I just switched the bulbs because you reminded me. Here are the numbers for x3 B+ and x3 C+

PAR_3and3-1.jpg

• Like 1

There's 100 PAR right there. :)

Yup. The 3 and 3 is a great combo. It's exactly the color I like; it's blue but has a nice white crisp color to it.

Ati Actinic bulb is lower par if that's shst using.Changing that out will help a bit.

Yeah, I just wanted to see what it could do for my tank. I think I'll try it out long term later.