ReefCleaners.org

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

I really need the Apex DOS to come out soon... There are two new plugs that I need to control now and I am out of space on my EB8. It will be nice to unplug the BRS dosers once the DOS gets here.

Why the switch from LED to T5?

I just wanted to change it up and see if I was missing anything with my LEDs in term of being able to get certain colors our of my acros. I wasn't dissatisfied with the Radion, I just wanted to see if I could do better or not.

Pics or didn't happen ;)

Congats ark! Your going to love the combo.

Pics!?!?

Pics??

Welcome to the T5 club

Woot woot

Thanks everyone! I'll get some pics tomorrow when the light turns on.

Good job on the powermodule!! Wish they still made them. The powermodule is supperior to the sunpower in every way!!

I miss mine!

The stainless with the round bends is dead sexy. Don't know why Ati uses square bends in the sunpower.

ATI no longer sells the T5 Powermodule ;)

Yes they do. It's the LED powermodule now. same light and fixture, but with LED goodness.

jedimasterben

I also ordered the 6x24'' ATI sunpower, x3 coral+, x3 blue+, and x1 true actinic so I can play around with my combos a bit. All on sale for 16% off, or more, along with a BRS coupon. I guess my Black Friday sale shopping is already done, LOL.

Good job on the powermodule!! Wish they still made them. The powermodule is supperior to the sunpower in every way!! I miss mine! The stainless with the round bends is dead sexy. Don't know why Ati uses square bends in the sunpower. Yes they do. It's the LED powermodule now. same light and fixture, but with LED goodness.

But but he said he got a powermodule? Darn. The sunpower is still a really nice light.

Like I said, ATI no longer sells the T5 Powermodule (has not for a couple of years now) and Ark bought his new.

Still a little pricey :D

It's actually cheaper to get a new Sunpower (with two extra bulbs over the Powermodule) and get Nanobox to retrofit it than buy the LED Powermodule. :o

I noticed that! I would much rather have a Retrofit from Dave anyway.

jedimasterben

I noticed that! I would much rather have a Retrofit from Dave anyway.

Amen to that. And I'd assume that cost would be about the same as the LED powermodule if you got 'the works' like I am, a Storm X and relays to turn on all the fans and T5 ballasts. :)

• Like 2

Amen to that. And I'd assume that cost would be about the same as the LED powermodule if you got 'the works' like I am, a Storm X and relays to turn on all the fans and T5 ballasts. :)

I didn't even know those were options. I can tell you right now, if my tank were at least 2 foot wide I would be upgrading to a retrofit as soon as possible, I love the look and results people are getting with them.

jedimasterben

I didn't even know those were options. I can tell you right now, if my tank were at least 2 foot wide I would be upgrading to a retrofit as soon as possible, I love the look and results people are getting with them.

They aren't normally, but Dave can do anything. I realized that I want only ONE power cord for the entire system - so the LED power supply powers the LED drivers (which power the LEDs), then has a converter that powers the Storm X, all the fans, the relays that flip on the ballasts, and then the ballasts' power cable splits off from the LED power supply's cable. The Storm X has to have custom programming for activating the relays, but it has like 8 extra on/off pins and Ben (the coralux designer) has no problem writing the bit of code to do the activation.