Cultivated Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Where's the dos at Indy?

I don't know, man. I have been waiting for it to ship. The MD website said 2-3 days at the end of Oct and now it says 2-3 weeks last I checked. Have people been getting them?

Edit: I found out that I missed the cut to get the first shipment so I have to wait until December for my unit. Bummer!

The wife said that I should get a Maxspect Gyre after I showed her a video of it. I wonder if she will remember saying this the next day since she was three glasses of wine into a bottle when she said this lol. I might look into the 30w model in Dec when more details are accounted.

• Like 4

I've just started looking into them. is the 50w way too powerful for a 24x17x17 tank?

From what I read I think it would be way too much for a tank that size. Wait for the smaller ones details to be released.

ill be back from the honeymoon tomorrow. I'll take photos of exactly what my tank looks like after 17 days of nothing happening to it except automated stuff and someone topping off my rodi reservoir.

• Like 3

#thesexyeah

B)

so when can we start the upgrade jokes like we did with kat? ;)

looks great ark!

Thanks man! I won't fall to peer-pressure like Kat did! I have been given a very stern "no" about a new tank. I will have to be content with what I have for a few more years. :)

B)

Thanks man! I won't fall to peer-pressure like Kat did! I have been given a very stern "no" about a new tank. I will have to be content with what I have for a few more years. :)

Pfffft. Peer pressure my tush. I upgraded because they made me, they held a salt bucket to my head, dangled my Katropora over the edge of the balcony, plucked Mama Ruby and held her squirming out of the water. They tortured me.

• Like 5

Pfffft. Peer pressure my tush. I upgraded because they made me, they held a salt bucket to my head, dangled my Katropora over the edge of the balcony, plucked Mama Ruby and held her squirming out of the water. They tortured me.

You gave in too easily!

the_peer_pressure_reddit_puts_on_you_if_

Did they torture you like this?

tumblr_n3rwcrnpnj1tpb4n0o1_250.gif

• Like 3

B)

kat said the same thing! 900 pages later, BOOM upgrade. :P

• Like 1

Well at the rate of this thread (2 years at 121), he will have many years before he hits 900, and his wife will be very happy

:)

• Like 2

See below :) The wife has spoken. It's OK though. It will make it really easy for me in a few years to make the argument that I deserve the 5x2x2 that I've always wanted. I need to get out of grad school for I can even think about an upgrade though.

Well at the rate of this thread (2 years at 121), he will have many years before he hits 900, and his wife will be very happy

:)

This ^

How much calcium do you have to pump into that tank...

looks amazing

Thanks man. I am dosing 28ml of Alk and 26ml of Ca right now. It is a bit less than before the summer but I am increasing the dosage every couple weeks so things are going in the right direction.

• Like 1

Looking good man. :) Acros are looking sexy.

Looking good dude!

Thanks guys. I have a few more pics of recovering pieces that I have to post. Some are hard to get pics of because of other corals growing over them. I have to prune a few pieces this weekend because coral warfare gets too bad again.

• Like 1

Looking good. :) Are you still thinking of a lighting change?

I don't know if I can afford it anymore. I should be getting a DOS sooner or later and I am thinking about replacing my mp10w and wp25 with a 35w gyre when they ship. TBH, I am still undecided on the light. I am getting great growth and color with the Radion. I only wanted T5s for the shadowing but I don't know if it is worth it before me to spend a few hundred dollars to maybe deal with that issue. I guess we will see what happens. It's not on the top of my list though.

Anyone in the LA area want some frags? My wife is getting a tattoo at a ship in LA near Culver City next weekend. I can bring frags and meet people in that area if someone is interested. Right now I have:

2'' Joe the Coral

1'' red setosa

1'' sunset monti

3''+ green birdsnest

3''+ green pocci

2'' pink pocci

1'' red planet

1'' blue stag

1'' blue/green tort (maybe I should call this the "Arkropora")

1'' green slimer

LMK if you want something and we can work out trades/cost.