ReefCleaners.org

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

I think that my tank is plenty bright even with my LEDs maxing out at 45%. I never have my tank super blue except for 30min before lights out. I don't really like the windex look of blue tanks. I really prefer the 14k and 20k settings for me tank.

Did I answer your question? Us lazy west coast people don't function too well in the morning. :P

• Like 3

I think that my tank is plenty bright even with my LEDs maxing out at 45%. I never have my tank super blue except for 30min before lights out. I don't really like the windex look of blue tanks. I really prefer the 14k and 20k settings for me tank.

Did I answer your question? Us lazy west coast people don't function too well in the morning. :P

Yep, thanks :)

• Like 1

no live stream!!!!!

Oh, I don't know how to link it via live stream. Plus, I unplugged the cam for now until I figure out where I want to mount it.

Nice! Easy to set up?

It took about all the technical know-how that I possess, but it wasn't too bad.

Basically, I installed it and did the setup wizard to get it working on D-Link's website. Logged into my router, found the local IP for the device, enabled port 80 for it, plugged in the D-Link code that Apex gives in the sticky thread on their forums into the media setup box on apex fusion, and bam I have connection.

I bought a cheap $30 camera so the picture isn't amazing and not HD, but I don't want to be able to stare at the tank while I am gone. I just want to make sure that everything looks like it is running alright.

Lol nice. When's the honey moon? I think I remember you saying you wanted it before you left for it.

We are going to Europe; specifically London, Paris, and Dublin. It should be fun. I really wanted the camera just to check in while we are out and about. Last time I was gone for a couple weeks my floor leak detector switch flipped. I expected to find water all over my floor, but it turned out that my ATO reservoir got low, my return pump was pumping air and water to the DT and the bubbles were splashing just enough water onto the floor that it kept tripping the switch. I was relieved but I didn't want to be out of town again and not be able to look at the tank. Very much worth it purchase.

• Like 2

did i hear live feed? I don't see it... What's going on - what did I miss?

I don't know how to make link a live feed. It's not much to look at anyways.

That is going to be my next project. Easy to set up Apex camera?

Did you actually do a Zeovit tank or just carbon dosing and some of the additives?

I shut down the reactor as it really stressed the corals, now I have a small bag of 25 g Phosban sitting with two bags of Chemipure elite sitting in the sump.

NO3 is 0 and PO4 is 0.02. My basic levels before aggressive algal infestation.

That is going to be my next project. Easy to set up Apex camera?

It wasn't too hard. I am trying to figure out how to get the camera to stream on an outside network via my Apex Fusion dash right now. It works fine at home though.

Did you actually do a Zeovit tank or just carbon dosing and some of the additives?

I shut down the reactor as it really stressed the corals, now I have a small bag of 25 g Phosban sitting with two bags of Chemipure elite sitting in the sump.

NO3 is 0 and PO4 is 0.02. My basic levels before aggressive algal infestation.

I ran the whole thing with a vertex reactor, stones, zeostart3, and a bunch of additives.

Expensive? I would have to say your tank look awesome off of it.

I bought KZ coral vitalizer to emulate your dosing pattern and KZ coral snow to clear up the water a little.

Expensive? I would have to say your tank look awesome off of it.

It was, yes. The lack of results and the cost was the nail in the coffin for me.

I bought KZ coral vitalizer to emulate your dosing pattern and KZ coral snow to clear up the water a little.

I am still using CV, but I really am not sure how effective it really is. I prefer using reef roids and acropower nowadays. Much cheaper and great results.

• Like 1

I love the look of this tank! I've mainly lurked the last couple of years and its nice to see the progression. Plus I'm a sucker for nice sps tanks.

Thanks for posting! I'm glad that you have enjoyed watching the tank grow as I have. I am a sucker for SPS as well... I'll probably never be able to not have an SPS dominate tank around.