Coral Vue Hydros

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Dang Ark! I feel your pain. I used to do that with my birdsnest all the time. Though, I imagine the RD is a bit more fragile. I say, epoxy them together on a single plug/rubble and let them grow into a mini colony. Either you can eventually reintroduce it to your reef, or someone will pay to ship a nice sized piece.

Ya, I may reglue them all to a single disk or something. The thing with my strain of RD is that it does not encrust at all. Nothing. Only vertical growth. It's actually really nice! So unless they grow into each other they will remains separate mostly likely.

Sorry about the troubles Ark. Time for some new corals! :)

Ya, I think so. I did some fragging and gluing to attempt the very, very, very slow STN that I was getting on about half of my pieces. It seems to have stopped for now. I should be getting some new stuff today though!

• Like 1

Ughh, sorry to hear about the losses man. You sure it wasn't the Monti clearing room? :lol:

I could have been! LOL. That thing is huge. I need a jack hammer to frag it now.

• Like 1

So you lost a lot of stuff huh ark? Sucks man!! Hope it gets better man!

Not a lot, but enough that it stings a bit. I'll post pics of the tank in a week or so once everything is healed a little

That's good news!! I had a mental picture of you having to frag all your beautiful colonies!

Always sucks to hear about a awesome tank having problems. I really enjoy seeing your tank!

• Like 1

http://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-Output-Fluorescent-Strip-2-Feet/dp/B00AKKULI6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1410903547&sr=8-2&keywords=sunblaster

I know Ben will tell me that they probably have crap ballasts, but any other reason to not try these? It would be easy enough for me to mount a couple of them above my tank to run a couple ATI bulbs. Thoughts? I would need to get reflectors of course.

Damn man I must have missed the post about you having problems, hope everything has settled down and back on track!

Thanks man. I think things have turned around now. I will let y'all know soon when things are growing again.

• Like 1

:lol:

It's all about the ballast man, that will make it or break it. You can get the reflectors by themselves. (FYI that one you linked has everything, the badass reflector included)

wait no, that's the wrong one you linked, it doesn't have their new reflectors. This is what you'd want: http://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1410904287&sr=8-6&keywords=sunblaster

• Like 1

:lol:

It's all about the ballast man, that will make it or break it. You can get the reflectors by themselves. (FYI that one you linked has everything, the badass reflector included)

wait no, that's the wrong one you linked, it doesn't have their new reflectors. This is what you'd want: http://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-904296-NanoTech-Fixture-Reflector/dp/B00AKKUBDQ/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1410904287&sr=8-6&keywords=sunblaster

What about the Sunblaze brand? This one has supreme in the name so it MUST be better. :D

http://www.amazon.com/Sun-Blaze-960350-Supreme-Fluorescent/dp/B007ZU6232/ref=sr_1_35?ie=UTF8&qid=1410956572&sr=8-35&keywords=t5+high+output

^^^ No, apparently that one is not what is shown in the pic.

Ya... I think I will have to pass on them. I really want to get some T5s above this tank though...

http://www.amazon.com/Sunblaster-Output-Fluorescent-Strip-2-Feet/dp/B00AKKULI6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1410903547&sr=8-2&keywords=sunblaster

I know Ben will tell me that they probably have crap ballasts, but any other reason to not try these? It would be easy enough for me to mount a couple of them above my tank to run a couple ATI bulbs. Thoughts? I would need to get reflectors of course.

Thanks man. I think things have turned around now. I will let y'all know soon when things are growing again.

That was the one I liked you to a few pages back, A local guy runs them and loves them for supplementing his vega LEDs

Are those actually decent/ worth running Ben? With a bulb change lol I think I am going to run LEDs through the middle, with 2 T5's front and back of them for a total of 4 t5's.... I want something decent in a 3' length. :)

That was the one I liked you to a few pages back, A local guy runs them and loves them for supplementing his vega LEDs

So you did! I have been keeping them in the back of my head for awhile and wondering if I should get them or not.

It is probably the best way to incorporate t5 into a hybrid. Granted they arent as good as an ATI reflector, but you dont need them for growth just color. I think try one of them and adjust accordingly. I may try the 48" one still not sure.

Are those actually decent/ worth running Ben? With a bulb change lol I think I am going to run LEDs through the middle, with 2 T5's front and back of them for a total of 4 t5's.... I want something decent in a 3' length. :)

They're the only reflectors I've ever seen that were truly parabolic without any bends, so I'd say they're as close to 100% reflection as possible. Without them in-hand I can't test them though, but they're cheap enough for me to order some to compare to my LET Miro-4 reflectors :)

Granted they arent as good as an ATI reflector

You sure about that?

• Like 2

They're the only reflectors I've ever seen that were truly parabolic without any bends, so I'd say they're as close to 100% reflection as possible. Without them in-hand I can't test them though, but they're cheap enough for me to order some to compare to my LET Miro-4 reflectors :)

Get them and let us know, oh Guru of Light!

• Like 1

Serious discussion -

Do you think that the Neptune Systems DOS is worth the price? Why or why not?

Thats what I'm sayin!!! :)

Us peons will await his judgement.

Serious discussion -

Do you think that the Neptune Systems DOS is worth the price? Why or why not?

Us peons will await his judgement.

It looks like it can do a lot of stuff. What's the retail? I haven't checked it yet. Def has more options then some other dosers on the market. The actual pumps are supposed to be very good also.

It looks like it can do a lot of stuff. What's the retail? I haven't checked it yet. Def has more options then some other dosers on the market. The actual pumps are supposed to be very good also.

$350 retail. I have read all the stuff on what makes them that much better than other pumps, but with only two heads is it really worth it? I don't see many people buying 2, 3, or more of these things for their dosing needs @ $350 with only 2 heads. It could add up really quickly.