Pod Your Reef

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

The doser looks like it needs new tubing.

EDIT: Wait, maybe not, looks like it ships with that ungodly ugly tubing lol. I'd probably go ahead and replace it if it was used, though, it'll need to be done at some point anyway, might as well start fresh :)

Ya, I am wondering if I need to replace one of the pumps. Two of them seem to run not so loud, but one pump sounds a little rough. I haven't had time to test the different pumps to see if they are dosing accurately or not. I agree though, I will probably get new tubing.

Here are some updated shots to show some new coral placement and some of the work that I have done with the tank recently. The most noticeable changes are that I moved the giant pocci colony to the back of the tank and moved my hawkins echinata colony forward. It was being stung by the red planet after I had already moved it over once before! I figured I should just change locations all together. I also put some epoxy putty down over a big chunk of my sunset monti to stop it from stinging nearby acros and to give myself some space to move my pink lemonade acro to a spot that will allow to grow well (it was being shaded and stung by my edgar's acro).

IMG_2768.jpg

Left side

IMG_2779.jpg

Right side

IMG_2780.jpg

This is what happens when you put a silver dollar sized piece of red cap in the back of your tank and forget about it for 2 years!

IMG_2782.jpg

The red planet is getting huge!!!!

IMG_2796.jpg

Here's a bad shot of the pearlberry. It is far back in the tank so it is hard for me to get a good front-facing shot of it. It's better when viewed from above anyways :)

IMG_2793.jpg

the red dragon. nuff said

IMG_2791.jpg

hawkins echinata. I really like this coral.

IMG_2790.jpg

Here's a pic of the acro-on-acro warfare that has pretty much killed off my miyagi tort (I made some emergency frags that seem to be doing OK) and my green slimer. Oh well

IMG_2789.jpg

New doser!

IMG_2788.jpg

New frag. It's a Jason Fox Jack-O-Lantern lepto I am told. It's not SPS, but it looks cool so I'll let it stay :)

IMG_2772.jpg

Frag of a maricultured blue stag/something stag-like. Either way, it will be a nice looking colony in a year I hope.

IMG_2774.jpg

Moving the pics to the next page!

• Like 8

Looks great man, what settings are you using on your camera? I finally got a t3i! Also I love my bubble mangus doser; all mine run a tad loud, and I got mine second hand but it has been working well for the last year. In fact I am thinking of adding the additional 4 heads to dose Mg K and Pohls extra.

Also share your t5 hybrid idea please!

• Like 2

Looks great man, what settings are you using on your camera? I finally got a t3i! Also I love my bubble mangus doser; all mine run a tad loud, and I got mine second hand but it has been working well for the last year. In fact I am thinking of adding the additional 4 heads to dose Mg K and Pohls extra.

Also share your t5 hybrid idea please!

Congrats on the camera! I set white balance to 7k, ISO to 200-400 depending on the time of day that the radion light cycle is at.

Thanks for letting me know about the doser. I'm glad it's not just me lol.

I'll post a pic of my plans for the hybrid light later.

Will need to look into the BM doser.

Is the pearl berry macro a fast grower?

The pearlberry takes awhile to establish. Mine didn't do a thing for a year. It has been putting out new branches all over oddly enough after I fragged it awhile ago. It's has such a great color.

:)

:) :)

Awesome.

Great post.

Thanks, man!
  • Like 2

If you slide the pumps out of BM you can put some vasoline on the shafts for the pumps and that should do the trick.

Thanks for the advice. I will try that.

Thanks for the advice. I will try that.

Deckoz aka Brad told me about doing that. Didn't do it at first then I noticed after a few months the alk pump was getting stuck and or loud, took it out cleaned it and lubed it up lol

• Like 1

Aquacave is the first website that I have seen to stock the new TLF Magfeeder ring. I have been waiting eagerly for it to come out and am probably going to order this soon. I think it is the the best option to keep food from my AFS from moving around too much. I just hope that it does OK with the wave action I have going on in my tank. The waves aren't too big, but they are there.

tlffeeder1_1.jpg

• Like 4

They're about two months late on release, but still awesome. Ordering one now :)

You'll get yours before I get mine. I have to wait a week. Let me know what you think of it.

http://premiumaquatics.com/search?search=bubble+magus

Good prices on replacement parts, but someone closer to you should have them as well. See the one head with the tube pulled all the way to one side? That's what happened to mine, and then it starts to leak as the tubing gets torn. I have successfully re-centered mine and they are still going so that's an option as well.

• Like 1

The magfeeder from Aquacave is a friggin preorder, available middle of September. Grrrrrr.

What!?! That's some bull...

Premium Aquatics says that it is in stock. I called, had them confirm that they had it in stock, had them price match aqua cave, and ordered. We will see what happens.

edit: nope, they don't have it either. :(

jedimasterben

What!?! That's some bull...

Premium Aquatics says that it is in stock. I called, had them confirm that they had it in stock, had them price match aqua cave, and ordered. We will see what happens.

edit: nope, they don't have it either. :(

10492454_257442444452532_669239495792392

• Like 2

Aquacave is the first website that I have seen to stock the new TLF Magfeeder ring. I have been waiting eagerly for it to come out and am probably going to order this soon. I think it is the the best option to keep food from my AFS from moving around too much. I just hope that it does OK with the wave action I have going on in my tank. The waves aren't too big, but they are there.

tlffeeder1_1.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this?

Hey man, check out this DIY t5 housing.

http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/store/index.php?cPath=186

I was thinking of using it to add two T5 to my radion and place the radion inside; hows your hybrid coming?

It would really functional, but it is lacking in the looks department a little.

very nice . the more I look at your tank the more I hate my tank :)

Lol, thanks man. You give me too much credit. Your tank is doing well too.

do you run Zeovit on this tank at all?

Uh, the only bottles I have left are CV and SP. I use 3 drops of SP daily and 5 drops of CV every 2-3 days. I will probably not replace any of the bottles when they are used up. I had some FWS that I was using, but I finished it a couple weeks ago.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is this?

It's a floating feeding ring to keep foods in one space vs floating all over the top of the water and going down the overflow. I'm going to use it to have my AFS dump food into.

It would really functional, but it is lacking in the looks department a little.

See I think it has more of the looks than functionality, any other ideas for something to house both other than a wooden floating canopy?