Top Shelf Aquatics

Arkayology's Rimless 40g

Arkayology

Oh man, Premium Aquatics is doing a 16% off site wide. That means 16% off an ATI 6x24 and the bulbs. BRS is doing 15% off as well. Should I buy now? I'd hate for the fixture to go out of stock and miss out...

Oh man, Premium Aquatics is doing a 16% off site wide. That means 15% off an ATI 6x24 and the bulbs. BRS is doing 15% off as well. Should I buy now? I'd hate for the fixture to go out of stock and miss out...

ugh. Knew I should have waited. I am so patient on everything besides reef stuff lol

• Like 2

BRS also has a killer deal on Sicce Syncra pumps. I think I will get a Sicce syncra 2.0 to replace my mag 7. That is like 30w less energy usage. I bet the sicce would pay a good deal of itself in a year or so if it is as quality of a pump as people say.

• Like 2

Actually, are you sure ATI is included? I didn't think they were usually discounted

edit.

they are :(

edit 2

they're not. They just have high prices. I bought mine from salty supply the other week for $354

edit 3

I was looking at the 6bulb not 4 bulb. They're on sale

haha

• Like 2

BRS also has a killer deal on Sicce Syncra pumps. I think I will get a Sicce syncra 2.0 to replace my mag 7. That is like 30w less energy usage. I bet the sicce would pay for itself in a year or less if it is as quality of a pump as people say.

Go bigger, I have the 2.0 and replaced my mag 5, it had ca. 70% of the flow.

• Like 1

Actually, are you sure ATI is included? I didn't think they were usually discounted

edit.

they are :(

edit 2

they're not. They just have high prices. I bought mine from salty supply the other week for $354

edit 3

I was looking at the 6bulb not 4 bulb. They're on sale

haha

You had that convo with yourself lol. But yeah, they are.
  • Like 1

Go bigger, I have the 2.0 and replaced my mag 5, it had ca. 70% of the flow.

I was actually wanting to reduce the flow a little bit. I think the mag7 is too much. Thoughts?

On my 40B, the mag 5 was perfect, maybe a tad bit much flow. After upgrading to a sicce 2.0 I am much happier from a reliability (can restart) noise and performance. Now granted a sump doesn't need a ton of flow, I would say I got 70% of what I did out of my mag 5, if you want to slow it down you should be fine. I think I am going to get the 3.5 for my 90, I am kinda pissed the BRS black friday sale is on since I got my rock three days ago. :angry:

• Like 1

On my 40B, the mag 5 was perfect, maybe a tad bit much flow. After upgrading to a sicce 2.0 I am much happier from a reliability (can restart) noise and performance. Now granted a sump doesn't need a ton of flow, I would say I got 70% of what I did out of my mag 5, if you want to slow it down you should be fine. I think I am going to get the 3.5 for my 90, I am kinda pissed the BRS black friday sale is on since I got my rock three days ago. :angry:

Eh, I ordered and decided to go with the 3.0. It was only $10 more. I had a hard time searching for a return because I needed something with a 3/4'' barb outlet to hook into my return line. Surprisingly hard to find in quality pumps for some reason. I'm looking forward to less vibrations coming from my sump and maybe a few bucks saved in energy costs with the new pump too.

I also ordered the 6x24'' ATI sunpower, x3 coral+, x3 blue+, and x1 true actinic so I can play around with my combos a bit. All on sale for 16% off, or more, along with a BRS coupon. I guess my Black Friday sale shopping is already done, LOL.

• Like 4

T5, WOOT, yeah im about ready to dump the radion...

I honestly love my sicce pumps, I couldn't go dc pump due to quality and being Chinese sourced, these pumps seem to hold up well and are MUCH quieter than the mag drives.

• Like 3
Oh man, Premium Aquatics is doing a 16% off site wide. That means 16% off an ATI 6x24 and the bulbs. BRS is doing 15% off as well. Should I buy now? I'd hate for the fixture to go out of stock and miss out...
Marine Depot is your best bang for the buck with bulbs. Premium charges a 10 dollar boxing fee :wacko: Bulbs are cheaper to start with at Marine Depot then add BlackFriday2014 for 15% off at checkout.
  • Like 2

Marine Depot is your best bang for the buck with bulbs. Premium charges a 10 dollar boxing fee :wacko: Bulbs are cheaper to start with at Marine Depot then add BlackFriday2014 for 15% off at checkout.

I ordered from BRS so no box fee! I found out about the box fee from PA awhile ago. I have never ordered bulbs from them.

I would have ordered from MD but they couldn't actually match my order pricing because they didn't have the 6x24'' in stock. Otherwise I would have ordered from them. MD has been good to me in the past. Jeff actually said that it pained him to tell me that I should go with someone else because they didn't have what I wanted in stock.

• Like 2

T5, WOOT, yeah im about ready to dump the radion...

I honestly love my sicce pumps, I couldn't go dc pump due to quality and being Chinese sourced, these pumps seem to hold up well and are MUCH quieter than the mag drives.

Don't get me wrong, I really like my Radion and will probably hold onto it for awhile just incase. I just didn't like the uneven spread of the light and the fact that I was getting a lot of shadows as corals grew. I have found in the last 3 years with my radion that if your tank is going to crash/sps stn, it is going to happen very quickly in the shaded areas on the acros and will spread a bit more quickly than other lighting. It is also harder for the coral to grow back that lost tissue because of the shading.

Peer pressure wins!

pretty much, lol.

t5! :D

:D

• Like 1

I think the colors of your coral will improve under T5 but do you care about the shimmer that the LED's provide? Personally if I could supplement with T5 I would but the way my tank's lighting is setup I ended up just using the Kessil 360W. I hope that I don't get to many problems with shading from the point source effect of the LED chip.

My skimmer is freaking out. I can't figure out why. It is throttled back all the way and it is overflowing like crazy. Nothing has changed with the tank.

I did a T5 hybrid like you and Jedi were talking about. It's not super clean, but the t5 has helped enough for me to worry about the look at the moment.
B5098F47-C520-4D13-98F5-E73856C24C2F.jpg

I would love a nanobox hybrid at some point.

That's a pretty awesome hybrid. Good job