SaltCritters.com

^ Did you get your 12 gallon long tank going as well?

Not just yet. Still need to build the stand, drill, and buy some powerheads!

Im working on it!

FYI, the vendor you got you strainers from doesn't cary them anymore. :(

Not just yet. Still need to build the stand, drill, and buy some powerheads!

Im working on it!

FYI, the vendor you got you strainers from doesn't cary them anymore. :(

Really?! They still have them in stock on amazon from the link on my first post and at Marine and Reef's website

http://www.marineandreef.com/JT_Manufacturing_Bulkheads_p/rjt00030.htm

You should start a build thread. Its a good way to show off what you are thinking and motivate you to keep going due to the encouragement of others viewing it.

Really?! They still have them in stock on amazon from the link on my first post and at Marine and Reef's website

http://www.marineandreef.com/JT_Manufacturing_Bulkheads_p/rjt00030.htm

You should start a build thread. Its a good way to show off what you are thinking and motivate you to keep going due to the encouragement of others viewing it.

Ohh wow. Last time I checked they didnt have it. Shipping is +$7. Geezzz.

And yeah, I really should. I just dont have enough time to make my first post as well as I want it to be.

Ohh wow. Last time I checked they didnt have it. Shipping is +$7. Geezzz.

And yeah, I really should. I just dont have enough time to make my first post as well as I want it to be.

Ya shipping was pricey but they were a necessity to have.

VIDEO

Used my co-workers 10mm lens again for a video this time. I was really tempted to just hook the camera up to my computer and just stream the tank online, but its kind of a hassle to get a dslr as a webcam and the battery would die fairly quickly. But here is what it would look like if I did, you can just put it on loop forever and it would almost be the same thing :D

Video includes the new montiporas, leptastrea, dendros, and purple dotty (But the fish is still a little shy so you only see him for a few seconds here and there)

• Like 5

Ya shipping was pricey but they were a necessity to have.

VIDEO

Used my co-workers 10mm lens again for a video this time. I was really tempted to just hook the camera up to my computer and just stream the tank online, but its kind of a hassle to get a dslr as a webcam and the battery would die fairly quickly. But here is what it would look like if I did, you can just put it on loop forever and it would almost be the same thing :D

Video includes the new montiporas, leptastrea, dendros, and purple dotty (But the fish is still a little shy so you only see him for a few seconds here and there)

Great video mate.

Care to share the name of the background music? It's amazing (:

• Like 1

Ya dude sick video. I just got back from ReefStock today in Denver. I will post the pictures that I took later

Thanks Grimm. I'm jealous that you went to ReefStock!! I'd love to see your pics.

Great video mate.

Appreciate that Ancelot. I'll double check the artist and name of the music when I'm home tomorrow. It was happy accident using youtubes music feature.

Great video mate.

Found the music I used. Ah2 - Calm Solitude

Kick ass video.. Makes me want to start adding coral on my vspec!

Whoa great video dude!

Thanks guys!!

• Like 1

I ordered some Pukani, and I saw that you put some acid to "wash" the rock. I'm going to add it to my already established tank, so I'm assuming I should go the same route you did and give the rocks a bath?

I ordered some Pukani, and I saw that you put some acid to "wash" the rock. I'm going to add it to my already established tank, so I'm assuming I should go the same route you did and give the rocks a bath?

You dont have to but I highly recommend it. Pukani is known for leeching phosphates for a long period of time due to trapped organics inside. If you are adding it to an established tank just make sure you thoroughly rise it after the acid and if you use any bleach as well let it air dry for a long period of time to let it all evaporate out.

Found the music I used. Ah2 - Calm Solitude

Thanks guys!!

Thanks mate! Great solid build. I'm inspired to create something like yours soon

Hey there ! great build ! been reading it for the last hour, good stuff ! tell me about your star fish? its a Fromia right? does it cause any issues? knock anything over at all? for some reason i dont see fromias much in my local market, i want a starfish in my 17 gallon tank but have been reluctant, you dont see them much in our smaller tanks, so i would LOVE to know what you think !

Glad you've enjoyed it so far. Thanks for checking it out.

The starfish is a Red Sea Star in the Formia family. Solid red with tiny black bumps.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=497+528+578&pcatid=578

I've had it since Oct and has been doing really well. I'd call it more luck though, I honestly haven't done anything special. The star walks around the various rocks and crawls into crevasses to find food. He has been zero maintenance for me. I try to feed more than I used to since there is zero algae and it gives not only my fish a big meal but all of the hermits, snails, corals and starfish some scraps as well.

If you've had the tank set up for over 6-8 months and you can keep the tank very stable you can give the smaller Fromias a try.

Quite a nice tank! I love the scaping and shimmer. :happy:

Thanks Lani! The shimmer seems a little strong at times but I would never trade it for the flat T5 look.

I'm smelling an April TOTM winner...

I appreciate that JDH!! It is a goal of mine to have a TOTM some day.

Kfmmartin19
I'm smelling an April TOTM winner...
id like to see it grow out more before winning TOTM. But yeah this is a great tank and I feel confident it will win sometime in 2013

id like to see it grow out more before winning TOTM. But yeah this is a great tank and I feel confident it will win sometime in 2013

I agree as well. Many of the corals I have I've only recently added in the last few months, and the ones that survived since the early days are just now finally beginning to grow and become more vibrant in coloration.

• Like 1

OMG! You don't have any VorTech's in your tank??? And your corals and fish aren't crawling out of your tank to go find one that does???

How did you manage that? Marine antidepressants?

Lol

Nice Tank. :)

• Like 2

OMG! You don't have any VorTech's in your tank??? And your corals and fish aren't crawling out of your tank to go find one that does???

How did you manage that? Marine antidepressants?

Lol

Nice Tank. :)

Shhhhh don't let my fish hear you! Im dosing 1mg/hr of crushed Zoloft and Abilify for 8 hour after lights out.

Those vortechs... pfft, who needs em

Thanks for checking it out.

• Like 2

Shhhhh don't let my fish hear you! Im dosing 1mg/hr of crushed Zoloft and Abilify for 8 hour after lights out.

Those vortechs... pfft, who needs em

Thanks for checking it out.

Exactly!lol im still in love with this tank!