Top Shelf Aquatics

I just found your vid. Incredible...........TOTM fo sho!!!!!!

+1

:wub: It needs more time to grow - but at some point in the future that is my goal.

Added a new blue Lace coral today.

IMG_8675.jpg

Its going to need to be feed some special food but it looks super cool. Pictures of my piece eventually.

• Like 2

PICTURES

The new Lace coral and a few top down shots to tickle your fancies. Also the Orange Leptastrea is seen in a few as well as I don't think I had a clear picture of that coral posted yet. Under blue leds that thing really pops out.

The Psuedo just could not help himself. He was always swimming right in front of the lens.

rcZR5Eo.jpg

The open space in the center of this rock is being reserved for a gold torch. I was hoping to get it tomorrow but my connection had an issue with his supplier so it might be vacant for a while yet.

CLuDpcV.jpg

CxHFrHY.jpg

The open space in the middle left of this rock will hopefully be filled with an oregon tort so I will have more variety of color over here as well.

Dude, I need to know what Lens your using. Is it a Macro? I have some experience but I dabbled more freely in school. I want to get my own thread up but need to feel the photogenic vibes. whats your secret ?

Dude, I need to know what Lens your using. Is it a Macro? I have some experience but I dabbled more freely in school. I want to get my own thread up but need to feel the photogenic vibes. whats your secret ?

Most standard lens they make. 50mm. Upgraded to the f1.4 version as the 1.8 is almost completely plastic. I take most of my photos with that lens. To get a little closer I use the super cheap magnifying lens filters. I mainly use the 2x and 4x ones. The 10x one is cool but its focus plane is so narrow that anything closer or further away than a slice of paper is unrecognizable.

Here are a few 50mm lens photos using the 10x filters.

40031_695050686298_5054579_n.jpg

46201_696912684838_6561842_n.jpg

41176_696912669868_106854_n.jpg

The real secret though... come in close :grouphug:

Read the manual and take LOTS of pictures

It might seem boring but you need to feel comfortable using all the options your camera gives you, and once you understand what they do take a bunch of photos to experiment, even using different modes that what they normally are used for. And since its digital you might as well take 1000s of pictures. You can delete 90% of the bad ones but you will have gained a lot of experience in what worked and what didn't. And you'll still walk away with plenty of beautiful photos if you took enough of them just due to the laws of averages.

• Like 2

I'm sure you mentioned it already, but what is your rig? And what is your personal recomendation for someone starting out?

For photography?

yes sorry

This is my first DSLR camera so it is comparable to a rig that someone could start out with, you could probably go 1-2 levels lower on the camera body or lens if price is an issue.

I have a Canon T2i, f1.4 50mm Lens, 70-300 DO Lens, Magnifying Filters, and 5 Million Dollar Home Bag. The zoom lens is mainly used for outdoor stuff, but everything else I'd definitely recommend.

An intro DLSR, 50mm and the filters are way easier to handle than a Canon 5D or D700 with a macro lens. And a lot less expensive.

You could probably even get away with a four thirds camera as their bodies have greatly improved. But if you are already carrying around larger lens you might as well have a nice dslr body as well.

This is my first DSLR camera so it is comparable to a rig that someone could start out with, you could probably go 1-2 levels lower on the camera body or lens if price is an issue.

I have a Canon T2i, f1.4 50mm Lens, 70-300 DO Lens, Magnifying Filters, and 5 Million Dollar Home Bag. The zoom lens is mainly used for outdoor stuff, but everything else I'd definitely recommend.

An intro DLSR, 50mm and the filters are way easier to handle than a Canon 5D or D700 with a macro lens. And a lot less expensive.

You could probably even get away with a four thirds camera as their bodies have greatly improved. But if you are already carrying around larger lens you might as well have a nice dslr body as well.

Thank you! You must have been netween the t3 and t2. What made you go t2?

The i versions record video, and that was a feature i wanted. I bought the 2i before the 3s and 4s were available. If the price is similar I'd get the most recent model.

• Like 1

Very pretty-I just set up a nano in my office-I'm not sure how you get any work done with the piece of art!

Who ever said I did :P

Good luck getting work done as well.

Code didnt work. :(. And shipping here is $11. :tears:. You got me so excited hahaha.

Awww sorry I misread the bottom section - It says this item qualifies for free shipping product code 11616, the item only gets free shipping if your order is more than 175... sorry.

Amazon had the best price when I was shopping around originally, if you need the strainers they are worth it though.

Awww sorry I misread the bottom section - It says this item qualifies for free shipping product code 11616, the item only gets free shipping if your order is more than 175... sorry.

Amazon had the best price when I was shopping around originally, if you need the strainers they are worth it though.

Yeah. I'll get one soon. Maybe right after my cycle or something.

One of your videos just popped up on my YouTube homepage so I thought I would stop by and ask for an update. :D