Coral Vue Hydros

This tank is growing at a smooth rate! Keep it up.

Ya I'm enjoying the ride now. Everything is staying colorful even if it grows slow. So I'm just going to keep doing the exact same thing I've been doing over and over and over and over. If it aint broke don't fix it.

The biggest expense now is just buying jugs of RODI and a bucket of salt to haul to work. I'm still doing no dosing but with fairly large water changes every week done consitantly I've been able to keep the tank very stable.

I have the sIckest orange glow acans they are called orange crush as like the soda..pm email and i could email u pic i dont know how to post pics from an iphone using flickr or else i would post pics along time ago.

.....I want that split man. lolol

LOL, its nice but it definitely is nothing special. If it was a rarer coloration I'd see why you and everyone else would want one.

I have the sIckest orange glow acans they are called orange crush as like the soda..pm email and i could email u pic i dont know how to post pics from an iphone using flickr or else i would post pics along time ago.

I looked them up on google. There seems to be about 2-3 different varieties that people are calling orange crush. Looks pretty cool. Orange polyp with green centers.

My wife and I are putting our house on the market next month so I wanted to take nice photos of our rooms. I don't own a wide angle lens but thanks to a coworker I was loaned one for the weekend. And since I'm already at work with it I might as well take some shots of the fishtank with a new perspective.

Full Room Shot
(This would have turned out great if I took the time to get a tripod and shoot an HDRI. The rest of the room would be the correctly white balanced and exposured. But at least the important part is highlighted)
Xcm3mxj.jpg
Click to view in full Resolution

Wide Angle FTS
lqfNXxO.jpg
Click to view in full Resolution

• Like 8
Builder Anthony

Since you have your layout already maybe decorate the sandbed with some nice snail shells..the wide angle lens is really neat.nice office too.

Wow. I was planning on getting a 30 shallow cube or a 40 breeder but this tank has really made me double think my next tank. I'm thinking maybe ill go with a mr aqua 12 reef and then a small ada iwagumi. Amazing reef!

Niiiiiiiiiiiiice!

Thank you!

Since you have your layout already maybe decorate the sandbed with some nice snail shells..the wide angle lens is really neat.nice office too.

I want to keep it completely empty. Right now there are a few empty shells for the hermits to swap around but thats it. I even get the urge to remove all the little stones that are mixed in with the sand. But like when buying carpeting for your house, a tiny variation in color or pattern hides dirt so those little rocks play their roll in that reguard.

Wow. I was planning on getting a 30 shallow cube or a 40 breeder but this tank has really made me double think my next tank. I'm thinking maybe ill go with a mr aqua 12 reef and then a small ada iwagumi. Amazing reef!

Thanks Martin! They all are good choices. The 12 is just a unique tank that not a lot of people do and I prefer a more panaromic view myself.

kriskristofferzen

colors and the layout are perfect. it is definitely a piece of art! i really liked how you did your overflows. i thought about copying you but was too lazy. lol.

LOL, its nice but it definitely is nothing special. If it was a rarer coloration I'd see why you and everyone else would want one.

I looked them up on google. There seems to be about 2-3 different varieties that people are calling orange crush. Looks pretty cool. Orange polyp with green centers.

No green center just all oranges but i mean a super glow they look like a black light is on them thats how orange the are

FREAKING LOVE THIS TANK!!!!!!!!! Gonna follow.

Thanks Leatherneck!

I love the new Photos Ice. The tank has really becoming a work of art.

Thanks Grim - did you previously live in Minneapolis - mpls?

colors and the layout are perfect. it is definitely a piece of art! i really liked how you did your overflows. i thought about copying you but was too lazy. lol.

Thank you, Im very art focused in my career path and just in general so I figured the tank would be no different. Still looking for a few more colors that I'm missing. Mainly 2-3 blue things and an orange or yellow. Hey you can copy the design later if you want. I have so many people PM about mimicing the design on their own tank. I've only seen 1-2 people actually try it out though.

No green center just all oranges but i mean a super glow they look like a black light is on them thats how orange the are

Might have to look into it. The acan on the far right is all orange, but didnt have any fancy name when I bought it.

Loving the tank. Is that frogspawn in the center? I am thinking where I could put one in my tank.

Yep the frogspawn is a braching variety on the little rock. It was one of my first corals and actually has stayed about that size since I got it. The hammer coral on the left though has tripled in size and grown tons of heads. It looks really cool but I'd rather have more corals stay small to be honest.

Thanks Grim - did you previously live in Minneapolis - mpls?

haha....good guess. I grew up there. My last name is Grimm so I put that with mpls. I thought it was super cool at that time B)

WOW is an understatement, this tank is so awesome...inspiration for future builds for sure. Also your post about custom WB + JPEG I'll have to give that a shot later. I was always shooting in RAW like most people and found maxing the "Kelvin" bar to 50,000K still just wasn't right. Can I ask what you use to WB your images and where you put it? Underwater, under the lights, etc.?

haha....good guess. I grew up there. My last name is Grimm so I put that with mpls. I thought it was super cool at that time B)

The MPLS is super cool :D

It's looking sweet.

Thanks!!

WOW is an understatement, this tank is so awesome...inspiration for future builds for sure. Also your post about custom WB + JPEG I'll have to give that a shot later. I was always shooting in RAW like most people and found maxing the "Kelvin" bar to 50,000K still just wasn't right. Can I ask what you use to WB your images and where you put it? Underwater, under the lights, etc.?

I appreciate that ChouDawg!! Ya definitely try out the jpeg format with your WB done manually. If you want you should be able to set it to Jpeg+Raw and you can compare the difference and always choose the best format.

I ended up using a piece of paper toweling I had nearby and held it right above the water near the back wall. That way there was no shadow on the paper. I've tried the white plastic cap in the tank but I couldnt get close enough to it to completely fill the frame.

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a shot later. I remember reading that white printer paper, actually isn't white or something...I really should just buy a laminated WB card

Thanks for the info, I'll give that a shot later. I remember reading that white printer paper, actually isn't white or something...I really should just buy a laminated WB card

Ya its not a perfect item but it gets really close. They make lots of camera reference cards to white balance and calibrat you colors correctly. I found that if I WBed to pure white my colors looked great but I still had to add a little bit of blue back to the image to recreate the lifelike appearance that it really has. But it would no longer have the extreme blue that washed out all the coral colors so it is totally worth WBing to pure white and adding the blue back until it looks correct.

Amazing tank! Great job!

Thanks eedn2010! Do you have a tank set up? Your signiture link didn't work for me.