Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Gusbus696

Hey scorched. Your tank looks awesome.. ever since I saw a 3 foot 12 gallon tank I've always wanted one. This is one of the coolest I've seen.

FRAG SWAP CORALS

Acclimating them next to the tank.

kiorPJB.jpg

The orange SPS pieces I was looking for months ago. An orange Leptoseris with yellow eyes, an orange pavona, and a leptoseris that is solid orange.

2Vm2lEZ.jpg

The orange SPS as well as my platygyra that I've been on the lookout for. Unfortunately it is a little big for where I want to put it. I'm going to be looking for someone with a band saw to cut it into 2-3 pieces.

7u5PQu5.jpg

The corals with all lights on.

tq77xuy.jpg

26RxuKc.jpg

• Like 3

Hey scorched. Your tank looks awesome.. ever since I saw a 3 foot 12 gallon tank I've always wanted one. This is one of the coolest I've seen.

Thanks gusbus! I'm glad you like it

And now for a little story. On Saturday when I was acclimating the new corals I could have really screwed up my entire tank. I was drip acclimating the corals into the jar shown above and was waiting for it to fill. After it would fill for the 2nd time I would do a my revive wash to them. While it was dripping though I went to grab a soda from the company fridge and ALMOST went down to the parking lot 6 levels below to grab some jugs of RODI water, but I waited until the corals were finally in the tank to get them. When I finally go downstairs to grab the jugs I go into the elevator and realize I left my keycard on my desk!!! I was locked out and could not get back upstairs!! If I had gone earlier while I was drip acclimating the corals I would have been stuck on the first floor as my jar continued to fill with water. Eventually it would have overflowed the jar but would have continued to pull water from the tank until the sump was empty!

Luckily that didn't happen but I am still worried that something could have happened in the last 36 hours and I wont know about it until I get back into work tomorrow. Right now three 5 gallon jugs of water are just sitting in the lobby, lol_hitting.gif.

• Like 2
Reefed419

Scorched, Beautiful tank man. Awesome work with everything you have done so far. Lots of color gonna be awesome when it all grows in. I have a question about your lights. I see you went with 24-3 watt cree bulbs, do you feel that is overkill on your system? Looking at setting one of these up and using LEDs. My tank would be mostly zoas and flowing LPS, maybe some acans, Do you think I could get by with 15-18 LEDs? Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Scorched, Beautiful tank man. Awesome work with everything you have done so far. Lots of color gonna be awesome when it all grows in. I have a question about your lights. I see you went with 24-3 watt cree bulbs, do you feel that is overkill on your system? Looking at setting one of these up and using LEDs. My tank would be mostly zoas and flowing LPS, maybe some acans, Do you think I could get by with 15-18 LEDs? Thanks in advance for your opinion.

Thanks Reefed

The light isn't special and about 7-8 months ago I realized I was killing corals left and right. There were probably multiple causes but one of the things I adjusted was raising the light twice as high as well as covering most of the white LEDs. The light is just too bright for this small / shallow of a tank. I love the coverage as it is a full 36" fixture and it has lights on both the front and back side of the tank. For me, I would get something similar. 36" in length with 2 rows of lights, but I would make sure it was fully dimmable on both channels. That way you can control the amount of blue as well as the overall brightness. By doing zoas and lps only you would want to run it even dimmer.

As promised

MAY 2013 FULL TANK SHOT

Fpn4NAd.jpg

And some additional eye candy

Top down all lights

euDsMyN.jpg

Blue LED only shots

KRgtB1b.jpg

eeiG3lZ.jpg

kFFp6na.jpg

OVsbAGs.jpg

These two are going to look even more amazing once they really start to cover the rocks.

0jMuKrg.jpg

WozkoSO.jpg

X8ZRSDz.jpg

3EY6J2R.jpg

• Like 9

Love this tank!

Thanks jcusmarine

Damn! Looking awesome in there

Thanks - It is getting more awesome every day. I look back at old videos and pictures and I remember I was excited and happy with those and now they look "meh" compared to current stuff.

Wow. Things are growing and glowing.

Growing is a little slow. I can tell the difference between the 3-4 months but corals aren't exploding out of the water or over the rocks. But damn I do love how much they are glowing now.

~~~~ i want my tank to be like urssssss~~~

Patience. It took me a long time to build the tank the way I wanted and even longer to stock it and do the maintenance. And it still has at least a year or two to go before it will look colonized.

• Like 1
BeardedReeferLLC

I think this tank is amazing.. the lenght of this is awesome. +1 for your work and the new corals look great.

• Like 2
ArabTanker

What all 12 gallon longs should aspire to be! By far my favorite nano on this site.

Trust me. We're trying. Haha

----

I just ordered that pos bulkhead strainer. God damn shipping. Im still bitching about it.

• Like 1

What all 12 gallon longs should aspire to be! By far my favorite nano on this site.

Thank you! Is it your favorite 12 long or all nanos entirely? Cause if its the later I feel it has a ways to go to live up to some of the more mature tanks on the forum.

Trust me. We're trying. Haha

----

I just ordered that pos bulkhead strainer. God damn shipping. Im still bitching about it.

Just takes time, you'll be stocking in no time. It was a little spendy but for me they make the tank sleeker than all the others.

• Like 1
ArabTanker

Just takes time, you'll be stocking in no time. It was a little spendy but for me they make the tank sleeker than all the others.

Yeah I guess. I want to at one point have some SPS. You think I should get the gfo and carbon reactors going?

Yeah I guess. I want to at one point have some SPS. You think I should get the gfo and carbon reactors going?

Doesnt hurt to have them running with a small amount of media to see how things go. The sps are only tricky if you slack on maintenance. Once I did water changes every week, made sure my media was always replaced my SPS instantly improved. Now my goal is to keep alk higher and stable. I'm trying with hand dosing with my top off water but to really keep up with my corals demands I need to have it automated. If you just had a few sps you can do it by hand like I did for quite a while.

Reefed419

Thank you! Is it your favorite 12 long or all nanos entirely? Cause if its the later I feel it has a ways to go to live up to some of the more mature tanks on the forum.

Definitely my favorite 12 long. And has the potential to be my overall favorite., I am sure in time it will be.

This is going to be ridiculous when everything grows out. And by ridiculous, I mean awesome. And by awesome, I mean "makes me jealous". :ninja:

wow love the new corals. good finds.

I was on the hunt for the orange sps pieces for awhile. Also did a few online buys as they just werent available locally, luckily our frag swap pulls in people all over the midwest including eye candy coral and cherry corals. My pavona I found purely by luck. I had bought everything I thought I wanted and walked around the room 3-4 more times and found the little guy in someones "$15 for any frag" tank and it was hidden in the back.

This is going to be ridiculous when everything grows out. And by ridiculous, I mean awesome. And by awesome, I mean "makes me jealous". :ninja:

I hope so, it is just taking sooooo long for things to grow. Somethings I've had for 10-12 months and they are still close to the same size. But the colors are great so Im happy about that!

• Like 1

I was on the hunt for the orange sps pieces for awhile. Also did a few online buys as they just werent available locally, luckily our frag swap pulls in people all over the midwest including eye candy coral and cherry corals. My pavona I found purely by luck. I had bought everything I thought I wanted and walked around the room 3-4 more times and found the little guy in someones "$15 for any frag" tank and it was hidden in the back.

That's why I love frag swaps. You always get lucky but sometimes you get really lucky lol.

there is so much win in this tank....

charlie-sheen-winning.jpg?w=300&h=292

That's why I love frag swaps. You always get lucky but sometimes you get really lucky lol.

Oops I misspoke a little when I said I did a few online buys, I meant to say I looked online as that was the only place I could find leptoseris and pavona frags. I never bought anything though. Frags I liked were $30-50 and shipping was usually 40, I can't spend that much on a single piece.

Ya the swaps are awesome, so many varieties and rare pieces that cost 2-3x as much online.

Eye Candy Corals - Where I got my Orange Leptos (you can see the bright eyed one in the $25 section, and the vibrant red/orange one in the $50 section) Price different is due to the fact that the brighter orange has lineage to this piece http://reefbuilders.com/2011/11/21/orange-leptoseris-coral/

MzXJYUz.jpg

Another Vendor

j4FeuZR.jpg

Beef's Reef This tank was completely full of NPS corals at noon. By the time I walk around with my camera and hour or two later it was slim pickings

sNVrhST.jpg

And the Raffle Livestock Items They even had a baby flaming prawn goby in that little acclimation box at the top as well as a white cap goby and shrimp pair. Both are extremely expensive fish to have for raffle giveaways. I put all my tickets in for those two fish but didn't win.

haT2xWi.jpg

• Like 1