ReefCleaners.org

OMG I just saw IMG_2165. Wow... Also, Adobe also has the lens/camera profiles that can be downloaded (don't know if you've used those. You may find that helpful if you try to edit anything else that you shoot.

IMG_2168 should be your new FTS! lol :haha:

Did you have ay ambient light during the daytime shot? it loks blue in the middle then turns golden around the edges. My tank shots during the day were really hard to edit due to the contrasting colors from the sunlight on the walls. Maybe that has something to do with it?

Ya I might upload one or two of the unedited CR2 tomorrow for shits and giggles. In the daytime shot the room lights are on and the bulbs are the stand yellowish crappy ones. I also have tapped off some of my LEDs to make the light less intense, and just due to the configuration of the LEDs and me masking every other one off, I ended up with white on both ends so it makes the tank even bluer in the middle.

Ya I might upload one or two of the unedited CR2 tomorrow for shits and giggles. In the daytime shot the room lights are on and the bulbs are the stand yellowish crappy ones. I also have tapped off some of my LEDs to make the light less intense, and just due to the configuration of the LEDs and me masking every other one off, I ended up with white on both ends so it makes the tank even bluer in the middle.

You maybe able to get better shots without the ambient light. Personally I can't get any with my GoPro if I have any light that doesn't match the 15k Kessil. The GoPro has auto white balance and that will totally throw it off. Upload one of those crazy ones to if you don't mind. I want to see the histogram on that thing lol. Also I'm no camera expert I just like to fiddle around with it. I'm sure there is someone else who has had to overcome this issue on here and knows way more than me.

Raw Camera Discussion

Raw Camera Discussion

Here are some more practical examples, one is even fish related OMG

This photo was taken almost black because I was in an underground tunnel and wanted to have a fast shutter to get rid of motion blur from the fish and my shaky hands. And taking a photo with a flash straight into glass looks terrible, and find it terrible for everything else as well. But thanks to raw images I knew all the data was still there and with a little adjustment it was correct.

0AXUL.jpg

zgsj4.jpg

You probably didnt even know there were fish or rocks in the background from the original photo.

This example was from my wedding and I was just in a hurry as you can imagine. I would have rather taken the photo too dark then too bright (as blown out whites are almost impossible to fix) but thanks to the range of raw images I was able to save it. And not only that, I was able to give it a little more high dynamic range without even taking multiple exposures.

1cz5h.jpg

8y4WE.jpg

Wow, it was kinda hard to tell the difference for the last two photos hahaha.

I guess it is a little hard to see the difference but my job requires me to stare at digital pictures and video all day so I instantly see things wrong in images. The bottom photo from my wedding has too much contrast and has blown highlights on the table, candles, crystals and roses. If this photo was taken in jpeg mode there would be no way to restore those hidden details.

After rejoicing in my new found camera adjustments I tried some macro shots and video. Lots of cool stuff!! But.... a dedicated macro lens would be so much nicer than my 50 prime and 2-10X magnification filters.

After rejoicing in my new found camera adjustments I tried some macro shots and video. Lots of cool stuff!! But.... a dedicated macro lens would be so much nicer than my 50 prime and 2-10X magnification filters.

I use a reverse mounting adapter for my 50 prime and it can take some amazing close up shots but I can't get anything in focus past 6 or 7 inches. A macro lens would be ideal but expensive.

If you had a live stream of your tank, I could watch it all day. Great video!

I have honestly looked into hooking up a webcam since the tank is right next to my computer. I did it really early on and wanted to also have it take a "photo a day" I guess it would still be cool to have running.

Too bad I can't hear the audio at school... but nice video man@!!

I'll be sure to watch it again, this time with audio when I get back haha.

There is nothing but a low hum and some chatter from people walking around, you might also hear the water fountain from our lobby area. No fancy music or anything so you didn't miss anything.

There is nothing but a low hum and some chatter from people walking around, you might also hear the water fountain from our lobby area. No fancy music or anything so you didn't miss anything.

Er...I'm hearing classical music...and since I turned my Top 2012 Pop Hits Pandora channel down to listen, I don't think there's any way it's me :P (although I do love classical :D )

Gorgeous tank! I love that Midas Blenny playing in the current, it reminds me of FW schooling fish B)

Ok, that's good to know. You should add some music :)

Added

Er...I'm hearing classical music...and since I turned my Top 2012 Pop Hits Pandora channel down to listen, I don't think there's any way it's me :P (although I do love classical :D )

Gorgeous tank! I love that Midas Blenny playing in the current, it reminds me of FW schooling fish B)

I added it about an hour after uploading. Just some mood music rather than a dull hum. Ya the Mida is super active and plays near the return jets all the time.

That 12g long is pretty sweet. I been wanting one for a while but I'll wait until the summer to get one.

Thank you. Would be great to see more of them. I keep seeing people asking about opinions on them and everyone says "Do a cube, do a 40 breeder," and little ole me is in the back saying "do a 12 long."

That's 12 gallons??? That thing is awesome!!! Looks waaaay bigger than my 14g cube.

Thanks! Yep its only 12. Everything is proportionally sized and with the stand being larger front to back it also gives an illusion that the tank is deeper as well.

Reefers always come up with really awesome music for videos, even if I'm tempted to listen to it on mute I always have to check. Who was the artist for this one?

12 longs are awesome! If I didn't have space issues I'd get one :wub:

Reefers always come up with really awesome music for videos, even if I'm tempted to listen to it on mute I always have to check. Who was the artist for this one?

12 longs are awesome! If I didn't have space issues I'd get one :wub:

Geoffrey Keezer - Empty Spaces. I actually was searching youtubes audio files hoping to find "Empty" which is a chillstep song. Since this poped up from that search and it said it was in the mood genre I clicked add to video and didn't search for anything else.

looking so ####ing sick man. what are you using for your overflow again? i kinda wanna do the same thing on a 60f

Thanks JR!

The grills I bought off Amazon. http://www.amazon.co...l...9509&sr=8-2

They are sold by MarineAndReef so if shipping is easier directly through them you can do that instead.

Otherwise everything else is just standard bulkheads and plumbing.

• Like 1