Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I like that sump a lot lol. Do you feel like a fish or large invert would survive in their?

the YCG is a realistic possibility since he is munching my acros in the DT.

How large of an invert, and what kind?

The flow in the sump is very gentle and I hope that it will be fine for a fish.

animalmaster6
the YCG is a realistic possibility since he is munching my acros in the DT.

How large of an invert, and what kind?

The flow in the sump is very gentle and I hope that it will be fine for a fish.

I dunno. I was just wondering if you think it would do okay. I wanted a display fuge for the 125 when it was going to be set up but I never knew if it would work.

I dunno. I was just wondering if you think it would do okay. I wanted a display fuge for the 125 when it was going to be set up but I never knew if it would work.

No reason it should not work now that I think about it. There is filtration, oxygen and gentle flow of nutrients. The corals need strong flow, not fish. I would be worried if there was a strong flow for fear of the fish getting swept into the return pump.

animalmaster6
No reason it should not work now that I think about it. There is filtration, oxygen and gentle flow of nutrients. The corals need strong flow, not fish. I would be worried if there was a strong flow for fear of the fish getting swept into the return pump.

See that's what I was worrying about, them being swept into the return pump.

I just had to net my YCG because it wanted to hang out in the overflow. Can't wait for my new overflow lid to come in.

oh shoot! plop! in he goes and out he comes in the filter sock floppin' around on the pillow stuffing!

Lucky for me the RSM has a grate that prevents silly fish from getting into the back chambers.

oh shoot! plop! in he goes and out he comes in the filter sock floppin' around on the pillow stuffing!

Lucky for me the RSM has a grate that prevents silly fish from getting into the back chambers.

I actually seen him hanging out in there. I lost a fish once before to a open overflow top. He was sucked down the durso and died on top of the floss.

I actually seen him hanging out in there. I lost a fish once before to a open overflow top. He was sucked down the durso and died on top of the floss.

What's a durso?

Whoa! That's looking sweet.

B)

Mr. Anderson calls me a fish nerd. Well, I'm proving him right. Lately my spot to have my glass of wine is in front of my new sump!

IMG_20120709_204746.jpg

Woah nice, Kat!! Well done.

I know I need to take the sump plunge and just do it some day, but kinda nervous. Maybe on my next build. Will have to pick your brain!

And also... what wine you drinking? Go good with Creme Brulee" ;)

Woah nice, Kat!! Well done.

I know I need to take the sump plunge and just do it some day, but kinda nervous. Maybe on my next build. Will have to pick your brain!

And also... what wine you drinking? Go good with Creme Brulee" ;)

Thanks!

Yep, Chilled white from Argentina.

Don't worry you will be learning about drilled drain methods in a few months. :P

nope.

I recall right before you bought the RSM I and Kgoldy said get a sump. You said NO sumps scare me. Don't be so fast to say nope to a drilled BIGGER tank. :)

Here Kat....

http://www.dursostandpipes.com/

Nice lookin' sump there lady!

Thank you!

Wow I love the sump, pretty! :)

Thanks Yoshii!

I recall right before you bought the RSM I and Kgoldy said get a sump. You said NO sumps scare me. Don't be so fast to say nope to a drilled BIGGER tank. :)

You both drank the kool aid! I knew the BC was way small when I opened the box. This tank is perfect for me. I'm not going to go for a bigger drilled tank. :angry:

That's actually not a sump Yosh...

It's Kat's Lower DT!! B)

Now I've gone and done it. Got myself a second DT under the guise of a sump.

beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

Ok I will drop the subject. I thought about drinking the kool aid but passed I am still here.

:D