Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

The white balance is off in my camera today but I was so happy to see Polyp Extension on SPS that the Yellow Clown Goby was munching on, so I took these pics anyway. Lorax the YCG SPS muncher has been living in the sump for about a week now. And that is how long it took for me to see this:

Yellow Millie (browned out but alive)

IMG_9506.JPG

Bali Green Slimer, this coral is a beautiful bright green

IMG_9512.JPG

And this is just me pretending to take an artistic shot but instead just wanting to show off my duelling vortechs 4.gif And Geowge the Midas. :wub:

IMG_9508.JPG

Edited by metrokat
Hey Kat, this may not work, but it's worth a try. Catch the clown and keep her in a guppy breeder net for a few days. That usually works to put the fish in it's place and make it calm down a bit.

Alto, Ruby was in the breeder net for barely a week. When I installed the sump, the water level in the DT rose to a point that she was able to swim out of the net. She was okay for a day or so towards Geowge, then I saw her harassing him again. I was going to catch her again for another time out but then she chilled out. It may be that I am feeding the tank daily and she is feeling less agressive on a full tummy. But she's been quite pleasant!

PLEASE MARRY ME ALTO! I don't think my fish or my pods or the random things I find and email you about have a chance without you. :flower:

jedimasterben

OOoooohhhhhh oooohhhhhh! I can perform the ceremony! :)

And yes, feeding more can definitely lead to less aggression, I think it may lead to a sense that there is less competition for food. Or full tummies making sleepy fishies. :lol:

OOoooohhhhhh oooohhhhhh! I can perform the ceremony! :)

And yes, feeding more can definitely lead to less aggression, I think it may lead to a sense that there is less competition for food. Or full tummies making sleepy fishies. :lol:

If she says yes, sure. We may need a boat, you can be the captain and do the honors.

Sleepy fishies? Hmmm.

jedimasterben
If she says yes, sure. We may need a boat, you can be the captain and do the honors.

Sleepy fishies? Hmmm.

I can get a boat no problem. :)

altolamprologus
Hey Alto, I wish you would post pics of the clam tank as it progresses on my clam thread. Forget that its a PM thread, Im converting it to EVERYTHING CLAMS thread, but will still focus on PM. 30 clams in a closed system is going to require ALOT of fish, and if it were my tank, phyto daily. Im wondering where youre getting 30 Croceas from?

Well the clam only tank we were talking about didn't end up happening. We needed the space for other things so the clams are going in a 200 gallon flat tank connected to our coral system (total volume about 700 gallons). There are a few fish in there and we feed the corals about once a week so the clams should be getting enough food. I can't remember what country they're coming from, but it's some aquaculture facility somewhere in the pacific ocean. Jedimasterben is right, this is for work, not my own personal tank. On the bright side, at some point we will have a couple hundred clams at any given time :D

Alto, Ruby was in the breeder net for barely a week. When I installed the sump, the water level in the DT rose to a point that she was able to swim out of the net. She was okay for a day or so towards Geowge, then I saw her harassing him again. I was going to catch her again for another time out but then she chilled out. It may be that I am feeding the tank daily and she is feeling less agressive on a full tummy. But she's been quite pleasant!

PLEASE MARRY ME ALTO! I don't think my fish or my pods or the random things I find and email you about have a chance without you. :flower:

Full tummys do make for more peaceful fish. I'm glad it worked out ok. Geowge is just too cute to be picked on!

I'll marry you if the wedding can be held in a submarine in Palau. Actually, I think I'd marry anyone if that meant I could go to Palau :lol:

jedimasterben
On the bright side, at some point we will have a couple hundred clams at any given time :D

And that's kinda like having a couple hundred clams to yourself. ;)

I'll marry you if the wedding can be held in a submarine in Palau. Actually, I think I'd marry anyone if that meant I could go to Palau :lol:

I don't know about a submarine or Palau, but I'm sure I can find a pontoon boat and take you out on Lake Okeechobee. That's about the same, right? ;)

altolamprologus
And that's kinda like having a couple hundred clams to yourself. ;)

I don't know about a submarine or Palau, but I'm sure I can find a pontoon boat and take you out on Lake Okeechobee. That's about the same, right? ;)

Lake Okeechobee

Palau

Idk you tell me if it's the same

jedimasterben
:huh:

Don't you be napping my corals! Zeph is already in the dog house.

but I wanna be your coral napper! And hey, I can hold your skimmer hostage. I'll put a bag over its head and everything.

Much as I love your avatar picture, especially since I took the picture myself for you, I think you should seriously consider changing your avatar to this image, I LOVE IT!

You got it babe !! Right after you switch yours to this.

the20oldshoes.jpg

Im in staples right now hiding from the 100 degree temp.

Aww. New old shoes for me. Yours? I thought so.

Of course!! I wouldnt want to get my good ones dirty when I kick your @ss!

Relax Albert, we're just playing ;)

albertthiel

Yes I hope you would day that ... I think though that this would fit you better Zeph

gucci.png

AND ... of course they make them for Ladies too ...

Albert

Albert gets worried when we bite each other? No wait, I usually bite, you cower in fear. muhahahahah.

Yes I hope you would day that ... I think though that this would fit you better Zeph

gucci.png

:lol: No way! That is not Zeph.