inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

The fuge is being given this consideration. I have a lot of live rock in there, encrusted with mollusks and corals. I'm considering FW dipping the rocks, then a FWE dip, then a peroxide dip before putting them in the new fuge. Since the DT will have less live rock, I feel it is important to keep as much rock as I can manage in the fuge. I may use some of my display rock in the fuge if I end up tossing some pieces.

oh the santamonica scrubbers. Yes I've seen those, I don;t fancy a big black thing obstructing my view. I know he has a nano version. It's not cool enough. Have you seen ARID by Pax Bellum?

It's a mother scrubber. They are currently testing a nano size, still in Beta testing phase.

10326589_273112659529261_1798455831_a.jparid2.jpgprototype2-3.jpgphoto.jpgarray.jpg

That is my idea for a BRYOPSIS scrubber.

IP theives.

• Like 1

I like the idea of that chaeto looking reactor with the lights down the middle. I don't have room for a fuge but would like some extra export and that would work quite well. Such a simple idea I'm not sure why people didn't think of it before.

NorthGaHillbilly

Looks like they just used the cheap strip lights you can get off Amazon pretty cheap. I tink something could be made up without too much trouble

jedimasterben

Looks like they just used the cheap strip lights you can get off Amazon pretty cheap. I tink something could be made up without too much trouble

The issue is heat, though, I don't suspect that their LED strips last very long cramped up like that. The amount of wattage needed for good growth definitely needs a heatsink.

NorthGaHillbilly

The issue is heat, though, I don't suspect that their LED strips last very long cramped up like that. The amount of wattage needed for good growth definitely needs a heatsink.

what's the at condenser microphone lookin thing on top?

jedimasterben

what's the at condenser microphone lookin thing on top?

Hell if I know lol. If they're smart it would be a heatsink, but without a nice heatpipe the LEDs at the bottom would still get very hot. Red and deep red LEDs don't tolerate heat very well, especially the little chinese strips like that.

They're selling this for a pretty penny so if those LEDs don't last very long, I wonder if they hVe a replacement program.

And yes with the T5 tube we would use the end cap and make sure the central core was water tight.

I think this can be made easily enough with cheap LEds that you don't mind replacing as they die.