inTank Media Baskets

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Hey Kat, the scrubber sounds like a cool idea. Do you run that instead of a skimmer, or in addition? How is it different from a fuge, or is it just a smaller, more compact version?

What is the inside diameter?

This one is 3/4 to fit my return.

They didn't have the 1 inch in stock anywhere without buying 100'

Hey Kat, the scrubber sounds like a cool idea. Do you run that instead of a skimmer, or in addition? How is it different from a fuge, or is it just a smaller, more compact version?

If I can pull it off, it will be in addition to a skimmer and two reactors. I have never used one before so the benefits I am hoping to see are that the algae will have a place to grow, a place I encourage growth. And this means it will stay away from where I don't want it, namely the display.

The manufacturer of the tubing I have is "Premium" Vinyl Tubing, food grade.

Hydro-flow is another manufacturer.

I'll see what i end up with never seen non ridged soft tubing in white.

Oh I searched for weeks.

Salty supply carried the premium brand but no more than 1.2 inch, I checked, they didn't have 3/4 or 1 inch. I wonder if they will give their supplier source.

• Like 1

Okay. What is this and why do i need it?

Its pretty dense.

Prevents Bryopsis or turf algae pieces from re-entering your tank from the scrubber.

Any dense floss will work.

I just like the black stuff, it keeps GFO dust where its supposed to be, and thats small.

Of course it only takes one cell to infect your tank, but well...

White Vinyl Tubingegyptian.gif20141104_185735.jpg

Heatgun works well with straightening it.Or putting curves into it.

Heatgun works well with straightening it.Or putting curves into it.

Careful with the heatgun tho haha, I melted the rim right off my 20g long I use for my sump in all of 5 mins with one blasting out some serious heat.

TA DA!

Here's my tank, fresh glued a couple of weeks ago. They call it Kat's Kitten over at CAD. :rolleyes:

36X18X18, with custom overflow. Starphire on 4 sides.

Kats%2520Kitten.jpg

kat-got-a-bigger-tank-aliens.jpg

• Like 6

Hmmm, is this still a "Nano"? :-)

I'd rather it grow where I want it to grow. I'm welcoming it with open arms. :)The ones with the needle spines or thick spines? Because my buddy Vinny has a thick spine urchin has has GHA growing ON him. He's a walking moss ball.They are incredibly cool. And that is a very good question! They're unwieldy as far as I can see so how do they do it?!They will go for the juicy stuff first. The bryopsis doesn't seem to be as interesting to them. My turbos were doing a very good job keeping some other kinds of algae in check, the skunk cleaners and hermits killed them off as well as the nerites one by one.
the one with the needle spines and they hurt!

Toss everything out Kat and start fresh. It'll be so iffin cool

Hmmm, is this still a "Nano"? :-)the one with the needle spines and they hurt!Toss everything out Kat and start fresh. It'll be so iffin cool

I don't know, MedReds 60G solana won TOTM here.

Starting afresh is the plan for the fuge, semi fresh at any rate. As for the display, I've grown those colonies for years, they are actually the reason for the upgrade TBH.

• Like 1
TA DA!

Here's my tank, fresh glued a couple of weeks ago. They call it Kat's Kitten over at CAD. :rolleyes:

36X18X18, with custom overflow. Starphire on 4 sides.

Kats%20Kitten.jpg

kat-got-a-bigger-tank-aliens.jpg

OK the pink text is awesome.

• Like 2