Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

The pink text will be $2 !!!

:P

What aquascape are you thinking of making for the new tank?

Islands. The Katropora will be it's own island. So the top shelf below with the Kat, Slimer, Setosa, spongodes, Clam will be an island by itself.

20141006_121043.jpg

Now this part is a huge tonga branch encrusted with acroporas. This also becomes an island or it might be placed with the Katropora.

20140702_181709edit.jpg

• Like 6

And that leaves the entire middle and lower shelves - cemented together and encrusted with polyps and LPS, no SPS.

This big structure will need to be broken apart at the glue joints. The main zoanthid valley under the Katropora shelf is on a rock the size of a dinner plate. This will be tough.

20140728_190400_1.jpg

this is what it used to look like when it was uncured

CIMG0633.JPG

I'm no good with coral names. Is that the miyagi in the last pic?

Yup

This picture shows the lower structure clearly. The two rocks on top were replaced by the Katropora shelf and the tonga branch but below those 2 rocks, the structure is still as-is.

The rocks that make up the footholds have a chalice, favia, polyps, rock flower nem and more polyps encrusted on them. I'm not quite sure how this will turn out till I'm actually in there tearing it apart.

IMG_20111224_142700.jpg

Need a good drill bit on the dremel, I'm not sure which one to use. Diamond cutting tool?

• Like 3

Love those pics! Everything is nicely entangled- looks great! I've been struggling for the last hr. Trying to rearrange the middle of my tank- came home to my Millepora stinging my green cap- causing some major stress. Might have to do some mini fragging but I can't quite get my self to snap the arms yet

• Like 1
I have to take out the snippers whenever anything starts to get close or we will have dog eat dog in my tank.

I was wondering if you have- do you remount the frags?

A diamond wheel would work quickly but regular carbon disc should be fine too unless the rock is too tough.

The rock on the bottom right is the tough kind. utterly solid. And encrusted with polyps.

I was wondering if you have- do you remount the frags?

No that would crowd the colony even more. I sell the frags.

• Like 1

Yikes sounds like a chunk of granite :( hammer and chisel in that case otherwise you'll likely just end up destroying the bit.

Any little bits that fall off just send my way ;)

• Like 1

I've had a few accidentals with my Birdsnest - I just glued em to another rock on the side - quite a bit less light but they are doing good so far- sorry to take ya off topic with your rock

I wish I knew some of the warfare problems I was going to have when I picked the stuff i did..

I've had a few accidentals with my Birdsnest - I just glued em to another rock on the side - quite a bit less light but they are doing good so far- sorry to take ya off topic with your rock
remounting is a great way to fill a new tank. Its just that a full tank you can't do that in.
  • Like 1

Where have you been!!

Hitting on old ladies in the attempt to earn some inheritances. :naughtydance:

But really... ya, giving tours of national parks to old peoples who don't get out that often.

I see you're super busy up in here. Like I said, nice setup you got started I really like the thought of those dimensions; and the Starfire glass. Are you gonna run LEDs or move back to the halide?

I wish I knew some of the warfare problems I was going to have when I picked the stuff i did.. remounting is a great way to fill a new tank. Its just that a full tank you can't do that in.

Ya- I am damn near full-25 SPS in my Nuvo 16- a few open spots on the sides and I can always go up a little ?

I see you're super busy up in here. Like I said, nice setup you got started I really like the thought of those dimensions; and the Starfire glass. Are you gonna run LEDs or move back to the halide?

Hybrid all the way. I never had halides. T5s with LEDs.

Good call on the 4 tubes and 6 pucks, that should be such nice spread and plenty power. I'm testing a new schedule at full power for 6 hours with 3 hour ramp at the moment.

Tank looks beautiful BTW. :)

• Like 3

Ya- I am damn near full-25 SPS in my Nuvo 16- a few open spots on the sides and I can always go up a little

My 20L is experiencing full on war in parts. It's a bit of a nut house in their right now. I'm too indecisive/preoccupide to pick winnners and losers, so I'm kinda letting the tank sort it out, which doesn't seem to be going well for some things I like. Who knows, maybe I'll follow Metro's lead and upgrade! Naw...

BTW, my life is complete, I take full credit for convincing her to upgrade, even if no credit is due. I can die a happy man now.

• Like 5
jedimaster1138

I'd just do two Coral Plus and two Blue Plus, or Giesemann Aquablue Coral and Actinic Blue.

This.

I ditched my GE6500 a while back and haven't looked back. 2x Coral+ 1x Purple 6x Blue+ and the 450/405 LED's. Acropora are growing plenty and everyone has color that I would deem "pleasing", at least to me..that's what she said.

• Like 1

My 20L is experiencing full on war in parts. It's a bit of a nut house in their right now. I'm too indecisive/preoccupide to pick winnners and losers, so I'm kinda letting the tank sort it out, which doesn't seem to be going well for some things I like. Who knows, maybe I'll follow Metro's lead and upgrade! Naw...

BTW, my life is complete, I take full credit for convincing her to upgrade, even if no credit is due. I can die a happy man now.

Make a frag rack and don't let them sort it out, remove the smaller colonies and sell them. Pay for the upgrade.....

And yes you were pretty persistant with the upgrade mantra. :)

This.

I ditched my GE6500 a while back and haven't looked back. 2x Coral+ 1x Purple 6x Blue+ and the 450/405 LED's. Acropora are growing plenty and everyone has color that I would deem "pleasing", at least to me..that's what she said.

okay

• Like 3

Cabinet Cooling Fans.

Suggestions?

I'd like an all white fan but if not, this might be smexy.

DSC01609.jpg

I've never called a fan "pretty" before. But that one is!

• Like 1
Cabinet Cooling Fans.

Suggestions?

I'd like an all white fan but if not, this might be smexy.

DSC01609.jpg

I thought about putting a small fan in my stand even though the back is completely open more for just air movement. I like these!