Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

its a beauty! love the black silicone.

I am looking forward to square corners so much. Sigh. I look at this picture though and I can't help feeling nervous about the scape. I have 12 extra inches in length to work with but 6 less in height. Unstacking my rockwork may not fit in this tank, so I have carefully considered which rocks to discard if it comes to that. I want more open space in this tank, islands instead of one stacked scape.

I am looking forward to square corners so much. Sigh. I look at this picture though and I can't help feeling nervous about the scape. I have 12 extra inches in length to work with but 6 less in height. Unstacking my rockwork may not fit in this tank, so I have carefully considered which rocks to discard if it comes to that. I want more open space in this tank, islands instead of one stacked scape.

lowering the rock work will make it look so much better. i love the low pillars i have in y tank with almost 10" of water on top.

regardless, i wouldn't stress too much, its not like the rocks will be unmovable! ;)

Mr. Microscope

Also, how do you fit the segments into the MPT loc line adapter thingee?

Put one end in the freezer for a while, put the other end in hot hot water for a while. Hold on tight to each piece with towels and shove them together. No need to pinch your fingers or buy lockline pliers (which have mixed reviews on actually working). It worked for me. Good luck!
  • Like 1

yeh that light is going to be awesome, wow

I hope so, Dave can make magic. The concept is all Benny though. I have so many people to thank, who helped mold what I wanted, you too. :ninja:

lowering the rock work will make it look so much better. i love the low pillars i have in y tank with almost 10" of water on top.

regardless, i wouldn't stress too much, its not like the rocks will be unmovable! ;)

Actually they are immovable, in the current scape. The tops shelf rocks are movable but the rest of the entire rockwork is cemented together. It will take some hammer and chisel to break it apart. And the concern is that since it will still be in the RSM when I break it apart, I have to be gentle before the tank cracks.

I hope so, Dave can make magic. The concept is all Benny though. I have so many people to thank, who helped mold what I wanted, you too. :ninja:

Actually they are immovable, in the current scape. The tops shelf rocks are movable but the rest of the entire rockwork is cemented together. It will take some hammer and chisel to break it apart. And the concern is that since it will still be in the RSM when I break it apart, I have to be gentle before the tank cracks.

glad I could contribute some lol, If I ever go bigger I will probably lose the halides for cost effectiveness and heat reduction, I would totally want something like that.

also are those blue+ and purple+ or are you dialing the blues in with the leds and having the t5's be the white?

also, you will enjoy the lower height, 36x18 is a perfect ratio for aquariums imo.

• Like 1
Piece-de-resistance!

ATI Sunpower: Retrofitted with a custom Katlight from Nano-Box

Behold the Sex.

Okay that's Latin for 6. I wasn't being naughty.

:lol:

kat%27s%20sunpower%20retro.png

I like it - looking at doing a combo like that for my upgrade

• Like 1

glad I could contribute some lol, If I ever go bigger I will probably lose the halides for cost effectiveness and heat reduction, I would totally want something like that.

also are those blue+ and purple+ or are you dialing the blues in with the leds and having the t5's be the white?

also, you will enjoy the lower height, 36x18 is a perfect ratio for aquariums imo.

The dimensions sealed the deal for me to be honest. The RSM is 24 tall and I'm up to my armpit when I need to work on it. The new tank has a taller stand also which will make a lot of difference for viewing.

I haven't decided on the tube combo. Considering my old lineup of

B+ B+ GE65K P+

or

B+ B+ B+ P+

• Like 1
jedimasterben

Don't beat me, that just seems too blue.

You're kidding, right? You realize you just said you're considering THREE Blue Plus and one Purple Plus. :slap: