Pod Your Reef

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

That MP10 is going to be the single best upgrade to your tank!! I guarantee it will replace ALL other powerheads in your tank. No need for Koralias, once that bad boy steps in the tank. A buddy of mine put one in his JBJ 24, and its now the only powerhead in there. You can see it pull detritus off the sandbed, a good 6-8 inches away. Im jealous! :angry: Hmph!

omgomgomg omgomgomg omgomgomg

I HAS TORNADO!!!!!!!

MP10 dialed waaaaay low. WOW. The clown fish went nuts for a while swimming against the wave. Have to read the manual.

IMG_20120628_162603.jpg

Edited by metrokat
reeftankguy

I HAS TORNADO!!!!!!!

MP10 dialed waaaaay low. WOW. The clown fish went nuts for a while swimming against the wave. Have to read the manual.

Pro Tip: Short Pulse Mode 24/7

Nutrient Export Mode the day before your weekly water change

Pro Tip: Short Pulse Mode 24/7

Nutrient Export Mode the day before your weekly water change

Noted for when I upgrade to a ecosmart box. This is a blue box. For right now the need of the hour was a tornado, a serious tornado. THIS THING IS MAGIC!

albertthiel
I think the branching one. It's not open yet so we'll see in a few days.

Good luck with it and yes it can take some time before you will see it open up ... but generally they are really easy to keep.

Albert

I HAS TORNADO!!!!!!!

IMG_20120628_162603.jpg

That thing IS powerful right ... I saw it at the LFS the other day and wow ... what power it has

reeftankguy
Noted for when I upgrade to a ecosmart box. This is a blue box. For right now the need of the hour was a tornado, a serious tornado. THIS THING IS MAGIC!

Solid Green is good for Export then... You'll figure it out kittykat ;)

Solid Green is good for Export then... You'll figure it out kittykat ;)

Solid green it is. I could not notice much of a difference between the various modes at the lowest speed. But any higher and the water almost jumps out of the tank :lol:

But I had to get it in the tank and running. I'll find the ideal spot for it tomorrow.

that's pretty hot baby

5.gif

albertthiel
beating-head-against-the-wall.gif

Go for it Kat ... the goodies are coming ... sorry about the T-5 light ... do you know what the problem with it is? The bulb maybe? H D should sell those IMO ... good reef keeping ...

MP 10 and a sump this weekend! WOO HOO!

I have mine set on reef crest at about 60% but turn it up all the way after feeding or a water change.

jedimasterben
MP 10 and a sump this weekend! WOO HOO!

I have mine set on reef crest at about 60% but turn it up all the way after feeding or a water change.

Yeah, can't turn mine up to 100% at all, even on an 80g tank, sandstorm central!

Mine is currently on lagoon mode and is at a little less than 50%. And on a 24" tank, lol. I could probably turn it down, but doesn't seem to cause any harm having it where it is.

jedimasterben
Mine is currently on lagoon mode and is at a little less than 50%. And on a 24" tank, lol. I could probably turn it down, but doesn't seem to cause any harm having it where it is.

My tank is 48"x24"x16", water level is 14", and the MP10s are ~2.5" below the water line (just enough to where they don't suck in a lot of air).

albertthiel
Heading out RIGHT NOW for double iced skinny mocha. Yummm....

Right now 93 in ATL going up to 102 or more ... need some Ice Tea for sure ...

TheNordCelt
Right now 93 in ATL going up to 102 or more ... need some Ice Tea for sure ...

I've already had a heat related casualty. Somehow the setpoint for the heater on my reefkeeper was deleted so the heater was just running full bore. Don't know how long, but it didn't raise any issues till yesterday. I came home from work and could feel the heat coming off the tank, 92F.Only lost one colony of Rainbow acans somehow, but they were one of my favorites. Check your heaters!