Innovative Marine Aquariums

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

altolamprologus

A tip on shipping sps: Take a bag and rip it in half at the seams. Punch a hole through it and put the bottom of the frag plug through the hole. Pull the rest of the bag up over the coral and put it in the shipping bag like that. It helps minimize the impact from being moved around. Also double or triple bag each coral

edit: now I'm craving starbucks

Edited by altolamprologus
A tip on shipping sps: Take a bag and rip it in half at the seams. Punch a hole through it and put the bottom of the frag plug through the hole. Pull the rest of the bag up over the coral and put it in the shipping bag like that. It helps minimize the impact from being moved around. Also double or triple bag each coral

edit: now I'm craving starbucks

I just had an iced coffee, yummy.

Ill try that next time when I ship. Thanks.

Also just bought 2 bottles of live phyto that is made by a local hobbyist. The stuff is so good my tank loves it.

jedimasterben

Put styrofoam peanuts or plank inside with the coral. it won't hurt it and it will keep it from poking anything and also from moving around. Then peanuts around the bag and that will keep it from bouncing around in the box when USPS plays soccer with it. ;)

Put styrofoam peanuts or plank inside with the coral. it won't hurt it and it will keep it from poking anything and also from moving around. Then peanuts around the bag and that will keep it from bouncing around in the box when USPS plays soccer with it. ;)

I did put peanuts but they melted in the water. Who knew there are more than one kind of packing peanuts. I obviously don't have the waterproof kind.

Anyway what I did then was fill the bag with shipping air pillows. The frags were rather large and had sharp points.

jedimasterben
I did put peanuts but they melted in the water. Who knew there are more than one kind of packing peanuts. I obviously don't have the waterproof kind.

Anyway what I did then was fill the bag with shipping air pillows. The frags were rather large and had sharp points.

You used starch peanuts? Uh oh. That may be bad.

jedimasterben
No they melted in my wet hands so they didn't go in the bags. :)

Good girl. :)

Next time, be sure and get styrofoam - they are brilliant white, so you really can't mistake them for starch. Just rinse them off to remove any dust and plop them in. :)

Good girl. :)

Next time, be sure and get styrofoam - they are brilliant white, so you really can't mistake them for starch. Just rinse them off to remove any dust and plop them in. :)

:mellow: the starch ones were bright white too.

jedimasterben
:mellow: the starch ones were bright white too.

Shouldn't have been. They should be a dull-white in comparison to styrofoam.

At any rate, to find out quickly, squash one peanut in your hand. Starch will just scrunch up, by styrofoam will "pop" and you'll have lots of little styrofoam pieces instead of one squished one.

jedimasterben
Strange FIX.... :)

How were you able to fix :0 my post ....

Albert

When you're in the reply window, you just add/change text in the text you quoted.

albertthiel
When you're in the reply window, you just add/change text in the text you quoted.

Oh I see .. now why did I not think of that :)

Lots of things happening huh Kat?! :) I think we need lots of new pictures too!

I got the green tree leather yesterday. Put it in my pico this morning. It's still highly pissed off but I'm hoping I'll get to see it's full beauty by the end of the day or tomorrow! :happy: Thanks again!

I got the green tree leather yesterday. Put it in my pico this morning. It's still highly pissed off but I'm hoping I'll get to see it's full beauty by the end of the day or tomorrow! :happy: Thanks again!

Hey you! Glad you got it. Leathers can take a full week to stop being pissed so you may not see it perk up by tomorrow. It likes bright light and moderate flow.

I've got it halfway up the rock scape just kind of wedged in for now. I forgot to bring in my superglue and putty but I'll get it in a final position tomorrow or next week. Hopefully it's close enough to the bulb to get good light. It looks very green even pissed off. I know the flow is good now that I got the AC70 impeller cleaned out and running full blast again. :)

I've got it halfway up the rock scape just kind of wedged in for now. I forgot to bring in my superglue and putty but I'll get it in a final position tomorrow or next week. Hopefully it's close enough to the bulb to get good light. It looks very green even pissed off. I know the flow is good now that I got the AC70 impeller cleaned out and running full blast again. :)

Oh if you have it wedged, it will attach. No need for glue.

But if you do decide to glue it down, just lift out the foot from the water keeping the rest of it submerged. Dab the foot with a paper towel, squeeze out the glue on it and jam that foot back where you want it to go.

it glows green in actinics too. It's a pretty coral.

albertthiel

Is this the type you got or the branching one ?

greenleather.png