Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

reeftankguy
From the top of the head to the tips of the toes and everything in between.

Mmmmmm tasty

Edit: I meant to say nice job with the remodel kitty kat

Edited by reeftankguy
From the top of the head to the tips of the toes and everything in between.

is that right. i think it might be a good day to stay inside and play a game of show and tell.

:naughtydance: :naughtydance: :naughtydance:

hey kid go make me a cup of coffee, lotsa cream lotsa sugar.

Ok really! This sump pump business is very confusing. I found a thread on Reefbuilders where somebody used a 350 GPH pump on a lifereef overflow and ended up with bubbles on top of the J-tube. The mag 5 y'all are recommending is 500 gph so I think that is fine. My sump builder suggests I use a ball value and union. I had to google union and it came up with getting hitched. Since I'm not about to marry my sump or builder, I emailed the builder again and he sent me some links. I can't cope. Zeph, you're going to have to help me with this. (meaning you put it together, I'll make lemonade!)

Today is Stevie T mod day!

clip0123.jpg

He might get a few calls.

Your place or mine Mr. Anderson? 11.gif

wherever we can ditch these fish nerds... and baby, MrAnderson is too formal... just call me daddy.

I was waiting for more swedish fish for motivation Blue. That Stevie sent me no love!

J/K

I'm going to attempt it tomorrow! Stevie sent very detailed instructions so I am excited at getting more flow in the tank along with some peace and quiet. I'm not sure if the sporadic micro bubbles will be eliminated as that is a function of the water level in the back chamber 'waterfalling' into the baffles or flowing into them.

If you are having bubble problems in your return due to water falling, won't increased flow just make it worse? Water leaving at higher flow through same cross sectional area means more water has to flow in. I don't know the specifics of your tank so maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure if Stevie says it will help, it will. Ok, I'll butt out.

If you are having bubble problems in your return due to water falling, won't increased flow just make it worse? Water leaving at higher flow through same cross sectional area means more water has to flow in. I don't know the specifics of your tank so maybe I'm missing something. I'm sure if Stevie says it will help, it will. Ok, I'll butt out.

That's what I was thinkng.

The pumps are being replaced because the old ones rattle sometimes and the ehiems have more flow. The bubble problem has to do with the water level and will not be fixed with pump replacement.

Pardon my stooopidness again, but are you going to keep those ehiems and the media rack in there after you install the sump???

When your water volume drops due to evaporation, is your tank like the Biocubes in that it is evidenced by a lower water level in the return chamber ?

Edited in a comma

Edited by chrssprngs
Pardon my stooopidness again, but are you going to keep those ehiems and the media rack in there after you install the sump???

Yes they stay where they are, in the back chambers. The sump is adding water volume and using the power of macros for nutrient export. I'm increasing the biological filtration capabilities of the system but the media basket is still needed for mechanical filtration, so are the ehiem pumps.but now you have me confused too.

When your water volume drops due to evaporation is your tank like the Biocubes in that it is evidenced by a lower water level in the return chamber ?

Yes. There are baffles before the return chamber and the water level if too low causes the water to crash into the baffles causing bubbles which, duh, the baffle doesn't remove. Too much water in the back chamber and the water gets a film because it is not being surface skimmed. Design flaw.

Sooo...the returm from the sump just flows into the back chambers and the ehiems pumps will pump it into the tank?

Girl, you just move way too fast for me, I can't keep up.

My thought is that a little skim in the return chamber is a small price to pay for eliminating bubbles. Such a small surface area to worry about a light film. All you are losing is teeny weeny bit of surface gas exchange. I think you should increase your water volume in the current set up. Just saying...

Edited by chrssprngs
Sooo...the returm from the sump just flows into the back chambers and the ehiems pumps will pump it into the tank?

Girl, you just move way too fast for me, I can't keep up.

Ya. Okay so the way the tank is running continues. The sump is just an add on. Now if only I could figure out where the ATO goes.

My thought is that a little skim in the return chamber is a small price to pay for eliminating bubbles. Such a small surface area to worry about a light film. All you are losing is teeny weeny bit of surface gas exchange. I think you should increase your water volume in the current set up. Just saying...

Actually the film exists on the entire surface of the water including the little bit of surface in the back. You might say turn the nozzle up to get gas exchange on the surface but that splashes water ont he lights which are not too high above the water. Sigh. Let's just talk about how pretty everything is shall we. The tank has design flaws that are ridiculous.

Depends on the girl you're approaching. Some like the aggressive and forward type *cough* *cough* while others like the slick and smooth guys. Trust me, I'm a master.

then you get your mom to drive you to the bowling alley

or maybe dad. depends on the girl, AMIRITE??

altolamprologus
Him and I actually already had a very deep conversation about that topic. I beat him so bad he didn't reply.

Or you humiliated yourself so bad that he let you off easy....