Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

albertthiel
I just bought an MP10

omgomgomg

That's a killer pump that can handle a lot of head pressure .... Goodbye oh sorry Good Buy ....

Edited by albertthiel

Yay!!!!! so exciting Kat, did you go wireless??

That's a killer pump that can handle a lot of head pressure .... Goodbye oh sorry Good Buy ....

Head pressure???

albertthiel

Head pressure???

NUmber of feet of the water column it has to push up against e.g. from the sump to the tank

Albert

NUmber of feet of the water column it has to push up against e.g. from the sump to the tan

I was confused about the head pressure comment as well. No no, this is a power head, the expensive ones we were discussing yesterday or the day before: a vortech MP10. The sump is getting a mag 5 utility pump.

Actually I bought a used Blue box at a great price, I really needed a better powerhead than the koralia I have.

I'm considering getting 2 current white box models a little later down the road.

With a sump and lifereef overflow and the blue box in this weeks purchases, I'm holding off on shoes for another couple of weeks. :P

Edited by metrokat
NUmber of feet of the water column it has to push up against e.g. from the sump to the tank

Albert

But the mp10 is in the DT?, not sure we're on the same page here.

I just bought an MP10

omgomgomg

Get ready for Vorsechs powah!! omgomgomg best piece of equipment for any reef...amazing the difference that it makes with the corals...I keep mine at 75% in reef crest mode :)

Edited by got2envy
Get ready for Vorsechs powah!! omgomgomg best piece of equipment for any reef...amazing the difference that it makes with the corals...I keep mine at 75% in reef crest mode :)

This reminds me of He-man. I has powah. RAWR.

Though I've had a couple offline discussion of tank aesthetics with Pooja, I thought all of you might enjoy these two great articles on Tank Aesthetics. FWIW, I agree totally with the "less is more" theory and emphasis on clean sand bed– though in early tank setup stages it might be best to acclimate corals on the sand bed to find the best positioning.

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/forum/reefs-m...quascaping.html

http://www.reefsmagazine.com/forum/reefs-m...g-part-2-a.html

Great links -- thanks! I'm actually getting to the point where I'm considering taking out some stuff, though personally, I like the cottage garden look -- swirling color and life makes me happy :happy:.

Great pics, Kat! I love the baby dragon.

Edited by msscha

So I spent a good part of the afternoon packing and shipping corals and macros. Oh boy! :scarry:

The most stressful shipment was the custom sized frags someone in Michigan wanted. Both were thin branching SPS like my ORA green bird. I sent nearly a mini colony, and I hope and pray they make it okay to them tomorrow.

Shipped out a skimmer, lights. And there went my afternoon.

albertthiel
Maria helped me ID these as Carlitos Alien Eyes!

Always amazed at the names people come up with for Z's and P's

Here are some odd ones ...

Eagle Eyes

eagleeyes.png

Green Bay Packers

greenbaypackers.png

Mohawk

mohawkpalys.png

Carlitos Alien Eyes (other look)

carlitosalienEyesz.png

And as we all know there are tons of other names ... as I said .. who on earth comes up with these names and how do you manage to keep them apart and recognize them unless you use what the seller called them and that may be just what they decided to call it :0

I have also seen corals that have a common name on the East coast but when you go to the West coast that same common name is used for something else ... Gets confusing I guess at times but hey that is one of the pleasures of the hobby: ID'ing and find the common name that seems to be accepted by most. FWIW

They are pretty happy, these are my beginning scolys, testing to see if I can keep them happy and then I will be able to drop big top dollar on the war paint scoly and bleeding apple scoly. I just can't do that now.

Always amazed at the names people come up with for Z's and P's

It's a conspiracy between the marine industry and the nail polish industry -- the latter also specializing in the wacky and quirky.

albertthiel
It's a conspiracy between the marine industry and the nail polish industry -- the latter also specializing in the wacky and quirky.

Indded .. was looking at the names of the nail polish my wife uses and you are right those names are even wackier than some of the small polyps we have. Who ever comes up with the names for the Zoas must have an unlimited imagination ... interesting that most of them never tell you the scientific names :0

Don't forget Marvel Comics!

jedimasterben
Indded .. was looking at the names of the nail polish my wife uses and you are right those names are even wackier than some of the small polyps we have. Who ever comes up with the names for the Zoas must have an unlimited supply of drugs... interesting that most of them never tell you the scientific names :0

fixed that for you. ;)

Edited by jedimasterben
jedimasterben
:lol:

It's pretty much true. There are very few reefers out there that I know personally that aren't also riefers, if you know what I'm sayin'. :lol:

Edited by jedimasterben
altolamprologus
It's pretty much true. There are very few reefers out there that I know personally that aren't also riefers, if you know what I'm sayin'. :lol:

True. They seem to go hand in hand

Hello from Starbucks, the caffeine capital of every city. So this week I have managed to sell and ship a heck of a lot of corals and macros. My first attempt at shipping SPS overnight to MI didn't turn out steller but the buyer was pleased at punch at the size of the frags, almost mini colonies, for the price. Let's hope the frags make it.

The problem was that the SPS poked through the bags causing leaks. Ill have to research more on how to package SPS. Shipped out macros, equipment, corals. Still have more to ship this week. After all of it the macro fuge has a little room to beathe. But I have lots of SPS yet to sell.