Coral Vue Hydros

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

I attempted refugium twice but gave up both times due to brown/red slime algae growing on everything until the whole sump just looked disgusting.

Yours look like a paradise in comparison!

what a beautiful fuge.

Aww thanks

I think it's beautiful

:wub:

I attempted refugium twice but gave up both times due to brown/red slime algae growing on everything until the whole sump just looked disgusting.

Yours look like a paradise in comparison!

It has been a lot better believe me but this is a working fuge so the nasties are in here for sure. Did you have a powerhead in the fuge?

Paandemonium

I had to give my chaeto away because my tank wasn't producing enough nutrients. Then again, one fish and extremely controlled feedings tend to make that happen. Once I start stocking the fish if hope to get a full blown fuge going with a couple different macros

I had to give my chaeto away because my tank wasn't producing enough nutrients. Then again, one fish and extremely controlled feedings tend to make that happen. Once I start stocking the fish if hope to get a full blown fuge going with a couple different macros

Claya! What happened to your screen name?!

Chaeto is a nutrient boss. You can start with something else, like caulerpa or the red varieties.

• Like 1
Paandemonium

Changed it because I changed em all to Paandemonium lol people can pronounce this one haha

Looking into the red varieties as I want something that looks kinda cool. Maybe some dragons breath too

Changed it because I changed em all to Paandemonium lol people can pronounce this one haha

Looking into the red varieties as I want something that looks kinda cool. Maybe some dragons breath too

Red grape is very pretty, red titan too.

How are their growths?

Slow, if you order from live-plants you get a large quantity to begin with.

Fuge looks great. My 29 is taking on that look as well, though not on purpose. :) I have some algae starting that I did not know I had like Halimeda, LOBOPHORA (I think).

^ copied from here: http://www.live-plants.com/index.htm

Nice. If you google macros, most of them have some horror infestation story including lobophora. Caulerpa being the most talked about infestation. For macros that spore and all, and the variety I have in my fuge, I'm surprised more have not made it into my display. Of course I would give anything to have the bloody bryopsis stay in the fuge but oddly enough, the fuge doesn't have bryopsis. Very strange.

• Like 1
Saw your video on youtube and for some reason I always imagined you to sound like Lisa Ray lol dont ask me why
She speaks? I thought she just looked hot in a swimsuit. :lol:

Also, they let you say "crap"!
Oh it's been published? Where did you see it?

Does the bell keep you awake at night?

The bell doesn't, he does. I woke up no less that 5 times last night for him or because of him. His most annoying habit is climbing on my dresser and swatting at the wall. He sees street lights that shimmer on the wall from the blinds as the blinds move in the air conditioning. I've slept with the blinds open just enough that he doesn't think it's a creature. Nope doesn't work. He also randomly meows at 3 am and 5 am for food.

He's a senior cat, 15 years old this fall. He doesn't prance around very much, walks and sleeps. Occasionally he will climb the wall or run at top speed in the apartment for no reason at all. :rolleyes:

BUT! He is my ATO. When the reservoir is empty and the Smart ATO starts beeping in the middle of the night, he comes to get me. :wub:

• Like 3