SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

Okay, this is gonna be weird;

I used to work at a Vet clinic, whenever de-wormers were prescribed we automatically filled it for several doses. The dewormer only killed a certain stage of the life-cycle, so to kill all the worms the dose had to be repeated in two weeks to get the ones not killed originally, I think the third dose was like three months later.

My point is, you probably need to use the flatworm stuff 2-3 times several weeks apart to kill all the eggs or larvae that mature after the adults are killed off. Not sure what the life-cycle of a flatworm is but I would think re-treating shortly after you start to see new adults would be appropriate. It's entirely possible it would take several treatments to get all of them.

The goal is to treat at times when they are susceptible to the treatment but haven't bred yet, probably tricky without knowing the life-cycle.

Sux... well my other Idea is to unhook you return lines drain the sump and run 10g of FW thru it.

Obviously not ideal considering your feeding regimen nor the inhabitants of the fuge.

Maybe Isolate the Fuge and overdose with the FWE or put your lil mandy down there?

Hello from Vegas. So exhausted, just checked in to my hotel. Happy hour is over bloody hell.

The last time I did multiple treatments, I basically nuked the fuge. That kept the FW at bay for several months. But the came back of course. I have a mandy in the fuge, hes not interested in them.

• Like 3

FWE is a useless product IMO. I had a goniopora covered with FW, so I put it in a 2 gallon tank and nuked if with FWE. The FW's all ran off the coral, which was good of course, but they didn't die. So in the name of experimentation, I continued to nuke the remaining FW's with triple, then quadrupole doses- and they never died. They just got pissed off.

They are very slow moving fish, you can put one in your sump, trust me. The filefish police will not arrest you. The will eat FW, aptasia, and zoanthids. I have one in all my tanks except for the upstairs zoa clam garden. In fact I can prolly lend u one.

They say six lines require at least a 30 too but it had no prob in her fuge.
They are very slow moving fish, you can put one in your sump, trust me. The filefish police will not arrest you. The will eat FW, aptasia, and zoanthids. I have one in all my tanks except for the upstairs zoa clam garden. In fact I can prolly lend u one.

They say six lines require at least a 30 too but it had no prob in her fuge.

very true, but if we tell her anything other than what the spec sheet says she's probably going to start slapping people

• Like 1

I can attest to the FWE being useless. I treated double doses weekly with no water changes till my nano crashed. Even to the point of nuking off my blue clove polyps. bastards are back and all I have to show is a dead hammer coral.

FW are bastards. :angry:

This is plan of attack when I am back home: siphon the bastards, stop the sump. Take out the rocks one by one, dip, swirl, swish in a bucket of saltwater with FWE mixed in (or not). Maybe an assembly line of dips swishes and swirls. Plain salt water, FWE water. Then in a holding bucket till all the rocks are dipped. Excellent opportunity to siphon the sand bed and scare monsters. Then put it all back together and wait. Cuss as needed. Yup, that is the plan.

• Like 3
In fact I can prolly lend u one.
:wub:

very true, but if we tell her anything other than what the spec sheet says she's probably going to start slapping people
:slap:

I can attest to the FWE being useless. I treated double doses weekly with no water changes till my nano crashed. Even to the point of nuking off my blue clove polyps. bastards are back and all I have to show is a dead hammer coral.
bloody hell. Grrrr
jedimasterben

swirl

Crazy-Eyes-orange-is-the-new-black-35506

Excellent opportunity to siphon the sand bed

Just do what I do and get a gravel vac and put the exit tube into a 1micron filter sock, just start siphoning and keep going until the filter sock overflows, then clean it or swap it out for another and continue on. :)

FW are bastards. :angry: This is plan of attack when I am back home: siphon the bastards, stop the sump. Take out the rocks one by one, dip, swirl, swish in a bucket of saltwater with FWE mixed in (or not). Maybe an assembly line of dips swishes and swirls. Plain salt water, FWE water. Then in a holding bucket till all the rocks are dipped. Excellent opportunity to siphon the sand bed and scare monsters. Then out it all back together and wait. Cuss as needed. Yup, that is the plan.

Trying to devise a similar plan for the nano. I either need to sell it or find a different spot in the house which will be out of reach from small fingers. I'm thinking a different spot in the house.. or work.. and freshwater dips might be in order as well as completely replacing the sandbed.

Now onto my Vegas rant. So for my trade shows I carry a thermos on me which I fill with hot water in the morning, add my green tea bag and sip all day. I drink green tea everyday. My first night here I went to Starbucks and asked the lady if she could fill hot water in the thermos for me. Sure she could. For $0.99. Okay, do I get players club points for that? No, not if I pay with my GOLD Starbucks card. Only cash.

Alright I get my $0.99 designer water and sulk off to my room to sip and sext.

• Like 3

Monday in Vegas. I rinse out my thermos and waltz into my trade show. Then I go up to the snack bar they have here and ask if I can get hot water. Sure. They're going to charge me $4. FOUR F*CKING DOLLARS FOR HOT F*CKING WATER? ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?

I walked off in a huff only to return with my wallet. So then the lady at the cash register tells the lady behind the food counter to fill my thermos. The lady behind the counter said they need to charge me, yes she's paying for a "tea", we are charging her. Fill the thermos. This lady is still not convinced so they have more back and forth banter about my f*cking hot water. She fills it. The register is busy, I go to the other register. "$5.12"

EXCUSE ME?! HOW THE #### DID YOU GO FROM FOUR EFFIN DOLLARS TO FIVE?

I don't care if I had as much money as Bill Gates. I would dignify giving those people that much money for hot water.

Monday in Vegas. I rinse out my thermos and waltz into my trade show. Then I go up to the snack bar they have here and ask if I can get hot water. Sure. They're going to charge me $4. FOUR F*CKING DOLLARS FOR HOT F*CKING WATER? ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?

• Like 1

FWE doesn't do a thing but upset them, even at 4x the recommended dose. I picked up the nasties with some chaeto I got for the fuge. Lil bastids are still in the fuge, but the sixline keeps them out of the dis......... Wait, what? Sexting?

• Like 2

She says that is the cost of tea in her register. $5 for tea?! What are you Chanel for tea? Pfft. The other register gets free and says her computer is punching up $5. WTF, you told me $4. Argh. :angry: so I shell out my $5 and pfaff off to my booth.

Fast forward to after dinner. I go to Starbucks again and ask to refill my thermos with hot water. And it's FREE! Now that's what I'm talking about. Huzzah. My test was if the water stayed hot or very warm come morning, I was going to get it filled from Starbucks when I wake up at 5:45 am Vegas time. It sure was! Such a happy camper. I got it refilled again this morning at Starbucks for free. And I am now sipping my free designer water tea. Vegas.

/rant

• Like 2