SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

60"x36"x24" Is what she should get.
I've been trying to tell her, but she doesn't want to go up in volume. Tying my hands there.

144x48x18?

I've been trying to tell her, but she doesn't want to go up in volume. Tying my hands there. 144x48x18?

Ok, well she has a 130D right? So we just need to come up with a 130G as a replacement, so it's the same size. 60x18x18 is fairly close to 130G, or 48x24x18, so either of those!
  • Like 1

130D? Ooohhh...that opens up my rambling options a little. I was trying to stick around 28 gallons for...well, lets say no apparent reason.

60x28x18 = 130.9 US Gallons. Ahem. 60x18x18 is only 84.2. Go wide or go home!

• Like 2

I wouldn't do this if I didn't care! Or if I wasn't bored. Time to source a builder for Kats new tank. External overflow with a beananimal, naturally.

• Like 3
Both, in a car accident.
That's terrible I'm so sorry.

I wouldn't do this if I didn't care! Or if I wasn't bored. Time to source a builder for Kats new tank. External overflow with a beananimal, naturally.
Just buy a cadlights 70 artisan. It's not as big as everyone else is telling you to buy and it would look killer. Plumbed and ready.

I'm not gonna say anything else except eventually you will need atleast another decent sized tank.

• Like 1

A military style evacuation mission is needed. Anybody want to enlist? The Royal Gramma has not ventured out of the hole it is in, the clown pair is right there poking their heads into the cave being bullies. To feed the poor fish I chase away the clownfish with a net and then he darts out to eat.

I really need to get this fish out of that crevice and into some other part of the tank away from the clownfish. Not as easy as it sounds. Options are limited and aren't many except to entomb the fish, because he is not venturing out on his own. I need help with this one.

I could try to corral the clownfish or try to net them and give them a time out for a bit, this will hopefully encourage the Gramma to venture out to explore/eat. When he does that I'm going to plug up the cave so he doesn't go back in there.

WAAAAAY easier said than done, but I'm open to suggestions.

A military style evacuation mission is needed. Anybody want to enlist? The Royal Gramma has not ventured out of the hole it is in, the clown pair is right there poking their heads into the cave being bullies. To feed the poor fish I chase away the clownfish with a net and then he darts out to eat.

I really need to get this fish out of that crevice and into some other part of the tank away from the clownfish. Not as easy as it sounds. Options are limited and aren't many except to entomb the fish, because he is not venturing out on his own. I need help with this one.

I could try to corral the clownfish or try to net them and give them a time out for a bit, this will hopefully encourage the Gramma to venture out to explore/eat. When he does that I'm going to plug up the cave so he doesn't go back in there.

WAAAAAY easier said than done, but I'm open to suggestions.

This is actually pretty easy.

Step 1. Buy a bigger tank

Step 2. Move your sand/rock/coral over, and add a little thing in the crevice the Gramma likes to hide in so that it can't do that anymore.

Step 3. Move all your livestock over, including the Gramma because it will have no rocks to hide in at this point.

Step 4. Problem solved, thank Tibbs for his undying loyalty and ideas.

Step 5. Profit.

• Like 5

Step 2. Move your sand/rock/coral over, and add a little thing in the crevice the Gramma likes to hide in so that it can't do that anymore.

Step 3. Move all your livestock over, including the Gramma because it will have no rocks to hide in at this point.

Step 5. Profit.

008u9sb.png
  • Like 6

:rolleyes:

Looks like the problem has been solved temporarily. The old hermit crab is being stalked by the new hermit crab for his shell. The old hermit crab decided to heave himself up into the cave that was occupied by the terrified new fish who has now being evicted. The fish is cowering in the top right corner of the fish behind the sea rod. It's not looking too good with a half bitten tail and a lot of bruising, missing scales. :( I hope he makes it.

Step 5. Profit.

008u9sb.png

Lol, fortunately I have moved on from red uniforms ;)

• Like 2