SaltCritters.com

Kat's Ol' Max

metrokat

So Benny, Mike and Mark have browned out Katroporas. Klein has a pretty Katropora. Y'all should compare notes on basics like temperature, Calcium, Alk etc.

Veng.jpg

The funny thing, is I still think it looks better in person than this picture...
  • Like 3

I was around 320 PAR, 9.0 KH, 450ca, ~1300mg, 79-81F, .05 PO4 last checked, no detectable nitrates.

I would not say mine is totally brown, but it's not vibrant like it was a few weeks ago. This was taken last night. Less green, and the purple is more brownish.

HsaOgG.jpg

• Like 1
jedimasterben

I was around 320 PAR, 9.0 KH, 450ca, ~1300mg, 79-81F, .05 PO4 last checked, no detectable nitrates.

I would not say mine is totally brown, but it's not vibrant like it was a few weeks ago. This was taken last night. Less green, and the purple is more brownish.

HsaOgG.jpg

Mine isn't 'brown' either, still looks pretty fabulous, but it's nothing like kat's colony.

• Like 1
jedimaster1138

My phosphates never budge from 0.02. I reduced my GFO over a month ago and today actually I was going to make the switch to phosguard in the reactor. LEt me test phosphates.

A bigger tank and more fish will help bring those phosphates right up! :)

• Like 3

A.) What did you get from inTank?

B.) I guess I'm just confused... The pictures of Mark's coral and your coral look good - multiple hues and vibrant colors at that. The one picture of the white/purple version looked like a sick coral to me (bleached or unhappy, at least). What am I missing?

A.) What did you get from inTank?

B.) I guess I'm just confused... The pictures of Mark's coral and your coral look good - multiple hues and vibrant colors at that. The one picture of the white/purple version looked like a sick coral to me (bleached or unhappy, at least). What am I missing?

It wasn't bleached, it was a mint green flesh with dark purple polyps. That is how it looked in Zephs tank. Of course his colony now looks brown. ((Ducks)). My colony matured into a deeper mint green with Lavender coralites and purple polyps. I say that is due tot he T5 spectrum. It looked like this under PC: Note paler flesh and pink coralites. I would have to say without doubt that both spectrum and intensity plays a part on the coloration for this coral.

20130417_162547.jpg

It wasn't bleached, it was a mint green flesh with dark purple polyps. That is how it looked in Zephs tank. Of course his colony now looks brown. ((Ducks)). My colony matured into a deeper mint green with Lavender coralites and purple polyps. I say that is due tot he T5 spectrum. It looked like this under PC: Note paler flesh and pink coralites. I would have to say without doubt that both spectrum and intensity plays a part on the coloration for this coral.

20130417_162547.jpg

Ahh, I see. So yeah, if it was green and pink, then turns orange/red, there is something else going on.

Ahhhh, so THAT'S what came from inTank. I wasn't sure when you were expecting it. I like it! If I go with the IM 10, I may have Stevie make one of those for me, too :D

Ahhhh, so THAT'S what came from inTank. I wasn't sure when you were expecting it. I like it! If I go with the IM 10, I may have Stevie make one of those for me, too :D

Yup yup. He makes these standard for RSM tanks. The tank is an AIO with a hood. The lights are PC and most people that change the lights remove the hood. This leaves the back hinges and parts exposed. This cover is rather perfect. I couldn't install it while my lights were sitting on the rim but now that they are not, ta da. The IM 10 doesn't have the exposed hinge problem, but I can see the cover being useful to hide ATO and heater wires etc.

Yup yup. He makes these standard for RSM tanks. The tank is an AIO with a hood. The lights are PC and most people that change the lights remove the hood. This leaves the back hinges and parts exposed. This cover is rather perfect. I couldn't install it while my lights were sitting on the rim but now that they are not, ta da. The IM 10 doesn't have the exposed hinge problem, but I can see the cover being useful to hide ATO and heater wires etc.

Yeah I know it was AIO and I knew that you had taken the top off. I wasn't sure if Stevie made them custom or for only the RSM. I'll see if he can do something for me if/when he starts doing IM 10/20 stuff. I'm not even sure I'm getting that tank.

Skerdy Kat reporting live from Six Flags Great Adventure theme park. So far I enjoyed the toddler coaster, screamed once. And the pe.dulum pirate ship. I think the ship is my favorite. My niece was bawling, it was her first coaster so I couldn't really scream as much I do normally. My nephew likes to go on thw rides with me, he has more fun watching me being scared than the rides itself. We might do the ship again. My niece went on the Ferris Wheel so maybe the nephew and I will do Dumbo the ride. He doesn't really want to but he understands that nobody can make me go on the free fall thing.

• Like 2
So Benny, Mike and Mark have browned out Katroporas. Klein has a pretty Katropora. Y'all should compare notes on basics like temperature, Calcium, Alk etc.

Veng.jpg

Where does one get a frag of this?

I couldnt find a source, for looking.

It sort of lives in my tank but I could ask if it has relatives other than the folks that live in Zephs tank.

:mellow:

Screen%20Shot%202014-04-11%20at%208.21.2

We will have many frags of this Subulata avail soon. Keep your pants on.

• Like 3